2010.06.30 Andrea Lyon is off the Dream Team! She quits!

BlOnDe_GuRrL

Reaction score
Just saw an update on Levi's FB!

BREAKING NEWS: Andrea Lyon is OUT! The "Angel of Death Row" is no longer part of the Casey Anthony defense team! Tune in tonight at 9 PM ET for more! Listen here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2010/07/01/the-levi-page-show

Lemme go find a link quick!

here we go
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-anthony-andrea-lyon-20100630,0,2682343.story

Chicago attorney Andrea Lyon, who joined the Casey Anthony defense team to fight prosecutors' desire to seek the death penalty for the 24-year-old Orlando woman, is no longer on the team.

Lead Anthony attorney Jose Baez confirmed today that Lyon has left the defense because of financial issues. He filed paperwork with the Orange County Clerk of Court's office late today reflecting Lyon's departure.

Looks like it's a $ issue... hmm YEAH!

Lol! At the OS link, it states JB as saying, "You're really not going to notice any difference in the way the team operates." Bet that's why she's leaving. They just won't stop running their mouths, like Cheney the other day. Can't say that I blame her for jumping ship.

Naw, she sees $$$$$$ coming soon.

Seriously, I do believe this is a just another move by JB to drag the trial date further out. Now, I am wondering how HHJP will react to this. I don't believe he can force her to stay since she is out of state.

Will be interesting. Waiting for our esteem attorneys to chime in.

I imagine that the fact that they will watching how the money is spent now has something to do with it too. Out of state experts are going to be harder to justify so she won't be able to pull in her friends.

spinninghead.gif
there are a few heads spinning 'bout now...can't even imagine what Baez's words were when he got the news and I'm betting CM will be the next to exit stage left...
snaganim.gif

:woohoo: to our astros, they called this one long ago! :woohoo:

Wasn't she all buddy, buddy too with both KC and CA?

I suspect that her departure was planned for quite a while. I suspect that Mason was added to the team becasue a death penalty lawyer would be needed. That's JMO it may be entirely wrong but I doubt that she jumped based on one "flub" by co counsel.

Let's remember all the emphasis that AL has placed on "family contact" in mitigation. The recent letters demonstrate a clear case of that NOT happening.

THis is not about $$$$$$....she has made tons (in advertising and publicity) through this case. This IMO is about a discord in the team. Why would JB want to admit that there is internal strife with the defense team?? Perhaps his comment about $$$$$ was an insult to AL in a "backward sort of way"??

I wonder if the indigency hearing disclosure that she used most of the DePaul legal clinic's donated funds for KC's case is another reason she is leaving. I wonder if her "donation's" have dried up.

I think Andrea realizes that Casey doesn't stand much of a chance. Either way, Andrea is looking out for herself and her record as Angel of Death.

CA will probably be really disappointed - in the letters to ICA, she seemed to really like AL.

I wonder if the "dream team" will need a new spokesperson and investigator as well, now that Lyon has departed. Interesting to see if they were a package deal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back