1079 users online (228 members and 851 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2010.06.30 - KATU Confirming TH posting in its Comments Section

Don't know whether y'all have seen this yet.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97541389.html

Pretty radical in terms of information gathering and release. Sounds quite unethical to me.

This is the same user id that was identified here already.
    Last edited by grandmaj; 07-01-2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: removed a nic of TM

Quote Originally Posted by chasing.halos View Post
    This is the same user id that was identified here already.
    yep...I actually followed that rumor off this board (of course). And saw the posts when they were made. I'm feeling pretty creeped out right now. I think it's significant in that it confirms that she was on-line and checking stuff out and responding for at least a while--even after people were obviously pointing the finger at her and after she took her FB private, iirc.
    Last edited by grandmaj; 07-01-2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Removed nic in quote.

Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by xin View Post
    Pretty radical in terms of information gathering and release. Sounds quite unethical to me.
    Well, I wonder what the privacy statement says when you sign up? That they can trace your email and release that information to the public? Sheesh.

ETA: Maybe the email address was public? Was it visible in the postings or by looking at her account? In which case I suppose *anybody* could have traced it, and it wouldn't seem such a breach of privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by wondering1 View Post
    Don't know whether y'all have seen this yet.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97541389.html
    Not suprised - she seems quite the poster. Whether that's on KATU or on Facebook. I know if my child were missing I'd be off to the gym and wondering what people thought of me. NOT.

Yeah, this is pretty scary, releasing this info. But she is not helping herself at all. I feel she is very naive and not so bright, in contrast to so many here who have lauded her intelligence. (Even if she is certified to be a teacher, that does not make her intelligent automatically.) She may have damaged herself if it turns out she says something different at another stage, depending on how liable one is for words on an internet post.
    Just my opinion, of course.

So apparently she wasn't obeying Kaine and keeping totally quiet. I wonder why, if she's a fan of CSI, she didn't realize those comments could be traced back to her? Makes you wonder, if she did do something to Kyron, what other mistakes she's made.

Quote Originally Posted by wondering1 View Post
    yep...I actually followed that rumor off this board (of course). And saw the posts when they were made. I'm feeling pretty creeped out right now. I think it's significant in that it confirms that she was on-line and checking stuff out and responding for at least a while--even after people were obviously pointing the finger at her and after she took her FB private, iirc.
    It is creepy isn't it! It's creepy to me that they actually posted an article about such a thing too.

I wonder is she only used one user name?

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    Not suprised - she seems quite the poster.
    There's a link in that katu article that has a cached list of her posts, by all means she was "not quite the poster", but it was more than enough while your child is missing.

Seeing this/it for what it is...
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." - James Dewar

Quote Originally Posted by xin View Post
    The internet is a scary place. I post here, and sometimes on CNN. But I don't have a facebook account. If someone wanted they could come on here and look at all my posts. Skeery.

I don't agree with tracing her information and informing the public. To me, that just seems wrong!

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    So apparently she wasn't obeying Kaine and keeping totally quiet. I wonder why, if she's a fan of CSI, she didn't realize those comments could be traced back to her? Makes you wonder, if she did do something to Kyron, what other mistakes she's made.
    Yes, it does, doesn't it?

I wonder if LE has checked her computer yet? Kaine stated that LE hadn't taken their computers.

Honestly, I didn't think it was her. I didn't think someone could be that, well, dumb.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast