Thread: United States of America Vs Joran Van der sloot

Hybrid View

United States of America Vs Joran Van der sloot

United States District Court
    For the Northern District of Alabama
    Southern Division

http://media.al.com/bn/other/Van%20D...Indictment.pdf

Joran has finally been indicted for wire fraud, extortion....

<<<<<<<snipped article for purpose of thread>>>>>
    The indictment identifies Kelly as an advisor and legal representative of Beth Holloway who served as her intermediary with van der Sloot.

The indictment describes how van der Sloot’s scheme to defraud Natalee Holloway’s mother proceeded as follows:

After van der Sloot initially contacted Kelly and said he would reveal the location of Natalee Holloway’s remains for $250,000, he later agreed to lead Kelly to the site of her remains for $25,000. Once identification of the remains was confirmed, Beth Holloway was to pay the remaining $225,000 to van der Sloot.

Van der Sloot received the $25,000 from Beth Holloway and led Kelly to a specific site in Aruba. He identified the site as the location where Natalee Holloway’s remains were buried, although he knew that information was false.

Van der Sloot kept the $25,000, but later confirmed by e-mail that the information he had provided was “worthless.”

The indictment seeks forfeiture of $25,100 from van der Sloot. That amount includes $100 Beth Holloway initially wired to the Netherlands bank to confirm van der Sloot’s account.

much more at the link:
    http://www.newsroomamerica.com/story/29431.html

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:

US grand jury indicts van der Sloot on wire fraud, extortion
    (AFP) – 14 hours ago

WASHINGTON — A US grand jury in the southern state of Alabama on Wednesday indicted Dutch murder suspect Joran van der Sloot on charges of wire fraud and extortion, the Department of Justice said.

Van der Sloot, 22, is being held in Peru on charges of murder in the death last month of a Peruvian woman, but he is also the prime suspect in the 2005 disappearance in Aruba of 18-year-old American Natalee Holloway, who was from Alabama.

The grand jury indictment, filed in US District Court, charges van der Sloot with soliciting 250,000 from Holloway's mother on the promise that he would reveal to her the location of her daughter's missing remains on the Caribbean island, as well as the circumstances of her death.

According to the Justice Department, the indictment said van der Sloot caused Beth Holloway to wire 15,000 dollars from her bank to his account in the Netherlands, and another 10,000 to a lawyer in New York who would personally take the money to Van der Sloot in Aruba.

more
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...w_RmivkXOz9D-w

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jora...ection=4765066

After completing sentence in Peru, can extridite to the U.S.
    Last edited by B4igo2it; 07-01-2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: add
    just trying to make sense out of all of this

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to B4igo2it For This Useful Post:

I heard that earlier today
    I'm glad to hear some news on this.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – A federal grand jury today indicted JORAN VAN DER SLOOT, a citizen of the Netherlands, on charges of wire fraud and extortion for soliciting money from Natalee Holloway’s mother on promises he would reveal the location of her daughter’s remains in Aruba and the circumstances of her 2005 death, U.S. Attorney Joyce White Vance and FBI Special Agent in Charge Patrick Maley announced.

http://www2.nbc13.com/vtm/news/local...harges/163960/

You can hide your face behind a smile,

One thing you can't hide
    is when your crippled inside... JL

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2curious For This Useful Post:

Van der Sloot admits Holloway family extortion plot: 'Why not?'
    Dutchman suspected in Natalee Holloway disappearance is in a Peruvian jail on a separate murder charge

NBC News and news services
    updated 9/6/2010 6:49:49 AM ET

AMSTERDAM — A Dutchman suspected in the disappearance of U.S. teenager Natalee Holloway reportedly confessed to a newspaper in his home country that he extorted money from the girl's parents.

"I wanted to get back at Natalee's family — her parents have been making my life tough for five years," the De Telegraaf newspaper quoted Joran Van der Sloot as saying in an interview published Monday.

"When they offered to pay for the girl's location, I thought: 'Why not?'" he added, according to the newspaper.

Van der Sloot is currently in jail in Peru, charged in a separate case with killing a 21-year-old woman there.

A federal grand jury in Alabama has indicted him on charges of wire fraud and extortion in relation to the Holloway case. He was the last person seen with Holloway before the girl vanished on the last night of a high school graduation trip to Aruba.

little more at link:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39023617...me_and_courts/

What a self serving narcisis JVDS is...his sense of entitlement, his rationale for extorting...unfrigginbelievable...He's a miserable guy and I do hope once he's done with his Peruvian jail woes, he is extradited to the United States. He will then have another trial, with I believe, a guilty verdict, finally...JMHO

Seems JVDS's KARMA is starting to kick his butt...JMHO

Justice for Natalee

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:

What a piece of human garbage. He's going to get what he deserves, and I can't wait. How dare he talk about how tough HIS life has been. I feel terrible for the Holloway family, especially Beth. He'll never be punished for Natalee's disappearance, so there's no reason for him to not tell the truth and give her family some peace. He is a monster.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eachandevery For This Useful Post:

Please discuss the extradiction (sp?) right here.

Salem
    "I'll put it this way: I certainly wouldn't want them behind me in a knife fight." -- Ad".

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

and here we are again ... 7 years later and still seeking justice for Nat, Dave and Beth!
    I absolutely cannot stand the looks of that POS JVS, at least he is removed from society! Prior to the murder and conviction of Stephany, I suspected Nat was being used as a sex slave; unk to me the capability and brutality of JVS

Huffington Post has a great article on the current status @
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1447410.html

Prayers for Dave and Beth during yet another difficult time!
    just trying to make sense out of all of this

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to B4igo2it For This Useful Post:

Thumbs up

Joran van der Sloot Update: Peruvian judge sets May hearing for US extradition request

CBS/AP) LIMA, Peru - A Peruvian judge has set a May 8 hearing to consider a U.S. request to extradite convicted killer Joran van der Sloot so he can be tried for extortion

more at link .................... http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...ition-request/

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Please discuss the extradiction (sp?) right here.

Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by B4igo2it View Post
    and here we are again ... 7 years later and still seeking justice for Nat, Dave and Beth!
    I absolutely cannot stand the looks of that POS JVS, at least he is removed from society! Prior to the murder and conviction of Stephany, I suspected Nat was being used as a sex slave; unk to me the capability and brutality of JVS

Huffington Post has a great article on the current status @
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1447410.html

Prayers for Dave and Beth during yet another difficult time!
    Thank you Salem for unlocking that thread...I guess I put it out too soon but I was just overly joyful for Natalee and her parents..

No one ever said justice is swift...It takes time and his time is coming up, has come up, is up...I can't wait for this to happen for Natalee and her parents..

He's one huge narcisist who thinks only of himself...how grateful I was that he was caught on camera to get him convicted for Stephany's murder..that's where it began and will end with JVD in a prison on American soil, to never be let out into society, ever again...

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:

Awesome! IF convicted in the U.S. of extortion, he'll be sent back to Peru to serve his 28 years for MURDER, then he'll be returned here to serve his sentence, which COULD be 24 years!

Couldn't happen to a more deserving ahhh............. criminal!

just sayin'
    fran

“I think he will be extradited within the next three months,” Van der Sloot's attorney, Maximo Altez, told CNN. “He will go to trial in the United States. Once he is sentenced, he will return to Peru to finish serving his 28 years, and then go back to the States to serve whatever sentence he gets there.”
    If found guilty of extortion, he could face up to 24 years in prison, CNN reports

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...#ixzz1tA1n5BDY

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Maybe I'm not understanding this, but wouldn't he have to serve his time in Peru first?? Or maybe not? Idk. Not sure he wants to come to the us he's not liked very well here!
    Jordan

Let's go Yankees!!!!! My family was featured on Nancy Grace!

Natalee Holloway I'll never stop searching for you until you're found! 5-30-05

I my cop!!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to officer'swife 2010 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by officer'swife 2010 View Post
    Maybe I'm not understanding this, but wouldn't he have to serve his time in Peru first?? Or maybe not? Idk. Not sure he wants to come to the us he's not liked very well here!
    It sounds like authorities are seeking a conviction in the US prior to his release in Peru in order to ensure that he isn't released in Peru ... where he can quickly return to Aruba or disappear.

The only thing about the case in the US that bothers me is that Joran did approach Beth regarding funds in exchange for revealing the location of her daughter's remains. He then cancelled the deal and then, a month or so later, Beth contacted Joran to offer money in exchange for him revealing the location of her daughter's remains. That small detail of Joran cancelling the detail and Beth renewing it leaves me unclear on who was responsible for initiating the money tranfers. It seems to me that by going strictly by the law, Joran would have a loophole in the fact that he cancelled the deal.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

Hi Otto, is there a source for events such as you describe.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...72957320120511

There is evidence that he offered Natalee Holloway's mother fake information about her daughter's remains in exchange for $250,000. She paid him $25,000 of it.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tadpole12 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    It sounds like authorities are seeking a conviction in the US prior to his release in Peru in order to ensure that he isn't released in Peru ... where he can quickly return to Aruba or disappear.

The only thing about the case in the US that bothers me is that Joran did approach Beth regarding funds in exchange for revealing the location of her daughter's remains. He then cancelled the deal and then, a month or so later, Beth contacted Joran to offer money in exchange for him revealing the location of her daughter's remains. That small detail of Joran cancelling the detail and Beth renewing it leaves me unclear on who was responsible for initiating the money tranfers. It seems to me that by going strictly by the law, Joran would have a loophole in the fact that he cancelled the deal.

Ahh gotcha thanks!!!! Since I've followed NH case since day 1 my parents and family all know about every detail and my dad who is a rev. Who forgives everybody says look in his eyes there's no soul there and never has been. He's just dark. I just often wonder if The Holloways will really ever get closure??
    Jordan

I my cop!!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to officer'swife 2010 For This Useful Post:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...43756920120605

Van der Sloot's Extradition to US Must Wait
    Mon Jun 4, 2012

"Joran van der Sloot's extradition to the United States will not happen until he serves his sentence for murder in Peru, the country's highest court has ruled. That could be as long as 28 years. "

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tadpole12 For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see him (hopefully) convicted of more charges

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole12 View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...43756920120605

Van der Sloot's Extradition to US Must Wait
    Mon Jun 4, 2012

"Joran van der Sloot's extradition to the United States will not happen until he serves his sentence for murder in Peru, the country's highest court has ruled. That could be as long as 28 years. "

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thefragile7393 For This Useful Post:

Joran van der Sloot's U.S. Extradition Approved

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D166969

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Just saw where BHT is suing national enquirer. I feel so sorry for her family
    Jordan

I my cop!!

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to officer'swife 2010 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by officer'swife 2010 View Post
    Just saw where BHT is suing national enquirer. I feel so sorry for her family

Natalee Holloway's mother sues National Enquirer 21 Jun 2012
    http://www.wwntradio.com/news/news.p...ional-enquirer-

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Tadpole12 For This Useful Post:

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/j...logises-murder

Joran van der Sloot apologises for murder
    Published on 25 June 2012

"In the letter, which was written to Stephany Flores' parents, Joran says, “I wish I could go back and change things. This never should have happened.” Van der Sloot says he was intoxicated and suffering from psychological problems when he killed Flores."

"In another letter, Van der Sloot asks that his prison sentence be reduced because his attorney lied to him. According to Van der Sloot, his former attorney told him that he had made a deal with the judge that if Joran confessed, he would only receive 18 years behind bars."

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Tadpole12 For This Useful Post:

Dutch Press Review Tuesday 26 June 2012

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/du...y-26-june-2012

"De Telegraaf points out that the 24-year-old Dutchman is due to appeal against the long prison sentence next month, hoping to knock a couple of years off his sentence.

Van der Sloot says in the letter, which has been leaked by his reinstated lawyer Maximo Altez, that he was drunk and killed the 21-year-old in a rage, after finding her looking at documents pertaining to the Natalee Holloway case on his laptop. Natalee Holloway disappeared exactly five years earlier on the Caribbean island of Aruba, she has since been declared dead – Joran van der Sloot is still the prime suspect in her murder."

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Tadpole12 For This Useful Post:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joran-van-d...ry?id=16712156

ABC News

July 4, 2012
    Joran van der Sloot Blames lawyer, Begs .....

"My rights have been constantly abused," van der Sloot reportedly wrote. "After bad legal advice in which my lawyer promised me I would receive 15 years if I plead guilty, I did … I have a history of psychological problems which were never taken into consideration."

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Tadpole12 For This Useful Post: