Tommy Croslin claims mistreatment in Putman Jail per Att

Justin Tyme

Reaction score
I seen this on New4jax but not sure if we could link.

Sorry - It is First Coast News. Thank you. tlcox for the correction and link.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=158126&catid=3

here's a story from the local ABC affiliate about his allegations

ETA a link to the actual motion filed by his attorney

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wtlv/docs/070110_croslin.pdf

some of the allegations include defective plumbing, inaddequate ventilation, and that detectives and LE officers were threatening to him, basically promising to tell the general population that he was being charged with the murder of a child, implying that he would be physically harmed by them.

Croslin Files Motion Alleging Harassment
Attorney Wants To Move Croslin To St. Johns County

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38041899

snipped:

The motion also claimed detectives from the Putnam County Sheriff's Office have visited Croslin to harass and threaten him. The alleged threats included telling Croslin that detectives would give other prisoners false information about him that could lead to "physical harm."

Oh My...I guess we know why Tommy was moved. He's in general now, (his big fear), so he's getting a dose of what prison life will be, & he doesn't like it. But for the most part, I don't care for inmates complaing about their accomodations. It seems a little ridiculous to whine about the air & plumbing, while imagining Haleigh's death. sounds like LE gave him their best 'suite'.. LE's tactics seem desperate at best. Do they think a stinky cell, is gonna make Tommy talk? so much for that good working relationship with LE, that Werter was bragging about.

Detectives should not be pulling that carp and if they are, I hope Werter can prove it.

As for the other issues, Tommy had been arrested before but never stayed in jail for long until the trafficking arrest. I am not sure Tommy really knew what to expect of jail but I am thinking he better try to get used to it...because it is what it is.

Detectives should not be pulling that carp and if they are, I hope Werter can prove it.

As for the other issues, Tommy had been arrested before but never stayed in jail for long until the trafficking arrest. I am not sure Tommy really knew what to expect of jail but I am thinking he better try to get used to it...because it is what it is.

Considering Ronald has said he is going to kill the person responsible for what happened to his daughter, is it really the smartest to put Tommy and Ronald together? What is Tommy had something on Ron, and Ron killed him under the guise of I thought you killed my daughter? Now, we dont know if Tommy and Ronald are together, but if they are, thats not the smartest thing to do.

And I hope Werter can prove it.

This is the kind of stuff I was afraid of. I don't care if it's 99 degrees in his cell, I don't care if the air is stagnant. I don't care if his food is terrible. I do care if they are harassing him. They don't have one shred of evidence against him, and the only reason they have the "Joe did it" and the "dock" confession, is because they put that story in his head, and offered him a deal if he would go along with it. We heard Tommy on jail house tape, after jail house tape saying this was the case. I think Werter has an excellent case against LE and I hope he pursues it. Maybe they can finally get real investigators on this case and solve it. This stuff makes my blood boil, and I'm even more certain now, that they don't have a clue as to what happened that night! MOO!

Well, so much for Hardy's "story" about Tommy being moved because of his nearing court date! Give me a break!

Well, if they have to resort to threatening to tell the other prisoners he's going to be charged for murder it sounds like they haven't got the evidence to charge him. Otherwise they'd just charge him and make his life living hell in court instead of making other inmates do it for them.

Maybe he's just whining though because the new cell sucks but his lawyer may suspect that complaining about the AC and the plumbing isn't going to get him moved.

It sounds like the detectives are totally frustrated with Tommy.

They obviously believe he knows what happened that night, and are sick of him playing games with LE. They want him to know that it's time to play hardball. I guess he had it too easy in St John, as he now wants to go back there.

What I don't understand is why he has been so stupid as to place himself at the MH that night, admit to seeing Haleigh in a van, and admit to knowing where her body was, if none of it was true.

I know he is not too bright, but to place yourself at the scene of the crime in a murder investigation, and then expect to get rewarded by getting a light sentence for the drugs charges, makes absolutely no sense at all. I do think they should have given him an IQ test along with the LDT.

He has had legal counsel throughout all of this, so what the heck is Werter advising him. Did Tommy go against legal advice when he admitted to being a witness in the murder of a child? Of course they are going to lean on him, after that. He can't just pick and choose certain details and not tell them everything he knows.

TC is a known liar so how do we know that everything he is complaining about (re. his rights being violated) is true.

Don't they normally tape these things, in case they get a confession?

Wow, I am quite shocked that most people are actually believing this about LE. Think about WHERE Werter got this information....Ummm...the outright "honest" Tommy Croslin???
:rolleyes:

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...-denied-lawyer-jail-interrogation-lawyer-says

An attorney for Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr. has asked a judge to prohibit any investigators from interviewing him without notifying his attorney.

In court documents filed today, attorney James Werter said that Croslin, who was transferred to the Putnam County jail last week, was interrogated by Putnam County investigators and denied an attorney.

He was told "that he did not need an attorney and that the attorney of record and his private investigator were 'rat-ing' him out," according to the motion.

Croslin is the brother of Misty Croslin, who was watching 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings before her disappearance in February 2009 in Satsuma. Both Croslins and Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, are in jail awaiting sentencing on prescription drug charges.

Werter declined commenting beyond the court filings.

The court documents said that officers berated Croslin Jr., accused him of murdering Haleigh and threatened to spread false information to other prisoners to cause him physical harm.

The motion also asks a judge for an order that the investigators appear in court to say why they shouldn't be held in contempt for civil rights violations.

Maj. Gary Bowling with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said he couldn't comment on the issue because of that request, but he said the department will speak with the court if asked to do so.

He was being held in jail in St. Johns County until last week to keep him away from a co-defendant, Putnam County officials said at the time. He pleaded no contest on June 3 to trafficking hydrocodone and no longer needed to be held separately, according to the Sheriff's Office.

He was being held in protective custody but is now in general population in Putnam County, according to the court documents.

A hearing is scheduled for July 16.

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wtlv/docs/070110_croslin.pdf

You know, it's awfully easy to see what Lindsy was talking about when she said PC was threatening her about having her children taken away from her, now. What's wrong with these people? They may be worse than the people they have behind bars. If these allegations are true, (and I believe when they allowed Tommy and Lindsy's jail house tapes to be released, the conversations we heard will back up his claims) they should all be fired! I remember some one else had a problem with the way PC conducted herself, and she was investigated by her own "people" and found to be innocent. These allegations were made by someone that I heard was "unreliable". The line between the good guys and the bad guys is becoming very blurred! I have a terrible feeling that my instinct about LE was right-on from the beginning, and they are truly inept! What a mess! MOO!

Wow. LE is trying to solve a MURDER of a 5 year old INNOCENT child. I could care less what LE does or doesn't do to these so-called "grownups" that were involved and/or had knowledge of her death.

I WILL keep Haleigh front and foremost on my list of importance, and to heck with all of these liars that could care less about justice for Haleigh or the value of her life!

They obviously believe he knows what happened that night, and are sick of him playing games with LE. They want him to know that it's time to play hardball. I guess he had it too easy in St John, as he now wants to go back there.

What I don't understand is why he has been so (something) as to place himself at the MH that night, admit to seeing Haleigh in a van, and admit to knowing where her body was, if none of it was true.

I know he is not too bright, but to place yourself at the scene of the crime in a murder investigation, and then expect to get rewarded by getting a light sentence for the drugs charges, makes absolutely no sense at all. I do think they should have given him an IQ test along with the LDT.

He has had legal counsel throughout all of this, so what the heck is Werter advising him. Did Tommy go against legal advice when he admitted to being a witness in the murder of a child? Of course they are going to lean on him, after that. He can't just pick and choose certain details and not tell them everything he knows.

TC is a known liar so how do we know that everything he is complaining about (re. his rights being violated) is true.

there really is no explaining Tomm's (something) actions, but I don't blame LE for expecting more-especially if they have evidence to back up his crazy stories. But his allegations do make me wonder if nothing of value was found at the river. I guess Tommy's lawyer is realizing that LE isn't their friend, & it's time to play hardball. Tommy didn't get a drug deal, for all of that info, so I'm guessing that Werter is realizing that Tommy is in big trouble & it's time to start playing some defense-by discrediting LE, & creating some reasonable doubt, based on coercion & targeting.

it sounds like the detectives are totally frustrated with tommy.

They obviously believe he knows what happened that night, and are sick of him playing games with le. They want him to know that it's time to play hardball. I guess he had it too easy in st john, as he now wants to go back there.

What i don't understand is why he has been so stupid as to place himself at the mh that night, admit to seeing haleigh in a van, and admit to knowing where her body was, if none of it was true.

I know he is not too bright, but to place yourself at the scene of the crime in a murder investigation, and then expect to get rewarded by getting a light sentence for the drugs charges, makes absolutely no sense at all. I do think they should have given him an iq test along with the ldt.

He has had legal counsel throughout all of this, so what the heck is werter advising him. Did tommy go against legal advice when he admitted to being a witness in the murder of a child? Of course they are going to lean on him, after that. He can't just pick and choose certain details and not tell them everything he knows.

tc is a known liar so how do we know that everything he is complaining about (re. His rights being violated) is true.

don't they normally tape these things, in case they get a confession?
amen!

What I don't understand is why he has been so stupid as to place himself at the MH that night, admit to seeing Haleigh in a van, and admit to knowing where her body was, if none of it was true.

Sorry, it doesn't sound like frustration to me. It sounds like corruption on LE's part. Tommy admitted he lied about going to the MH that night because that is what LE wanted him to say in order for him to make bail. He said from the beginning, he can't place Joe as being the "one", and that's what LE wanted him to do. Then, why are we surprised when he comes up with this unbelievable story about the van, the knife, the river and all that goes with it? It's what LE wanted, and they made some promises of releasing Tommy if he would go along with their story. Something is very wrong with this entire case, and I think it's finally starting to come to the surface. Even Misty has said when she tells them the truth they won't listen, and she says they don't want to hear anything about Ronald Cummings. Bring on the FBI and let the chips fall where they may!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back