Weight: 105 - 115
Height: 5'0" - 5'4"
Sex: Female
Birth Range: 1959 - 1966
Hair Color: Reddish Color Wig
Eyes: Unknown

Cobb County ME's Office 770-528-2200
Narrative:
The victim had reconstructive Surgery on her right eye with a plastic orbital plate and an old fracture of the left ankle with a metal pin and a metal plate in the left shoe, suggesting a special shoe.

Victim was covered with a Brown Corduroy jacket from Rich’s size 40L, and a Men’s “shop” Shirt. Victim wore western boots with thick fleece like lining, blue short sleeve pull over shirt with a playboy bunny, size large, western style ruffled long sleeve blouse and blue jeans.

http://gbi.georgia.gov/00/case_detail/0,2695,67862954_74030338_122088581,00.html

UID is not in Namus and other than those medical findings, there are no other specified identifiers, nor for that matter is there an estimated date of death.

this missing person bears some facial resemblance. Martha McNeil was 5'0", 105 lbs, 26 y.o. when last seen in NC in March 1984.

Martha had a history of domestic violence in her life so she could have been injured that way and tried to hide them. given the magnitude of the injuries on the UID it's hard to imagine that her family would not know but there aren't many potential matches out there for this UID:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2537/3/

I just saw CarlK post this case on another UID thread and it jogged something in my memory. Here is the recon of our UID:

623UFGA.jpg

18-25, 5'0" - 5'4", 105-115 lbs. Found 5/84
"The victim had reconstructive Surgery on her right eye with a plastic orbital plate and an old fracture of the left ankle with a metal pin and a metal plate in the left shoe, suggesting a special shoe."

Cynthia Campbell Woolard: (Doe 3036DFFL)
CWoolard.jpg
CWoolard1.jpg

Cynthia: 22, 5'2" - 5'4", 125-130 lbs.
Left leg is 3/4 inch shorter than the right as a result of a car accident. She wore a special shoe with a lift in it to even her legs out. Had a steel rod in her left femur from a car accident. Scar on left arm from fracture in a car accident. Pelvis was broken in same accident. Source: http://doenetwork.org/cases/3036dffl.html

Possibly the same person?

I never did call this in....no mention of the arm or pelvis fractures made me want to think a little more on this one.

The case is in NamUs now, and there are photos of the clothing. Interesting from the case file:https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/15539

There is a new reconstruction, which looks close to the old one: ETA: I think it's actually the same recon, now that I look at it, just with a slightly different wig and angle:

Also, with the body, we knew there was a men's work shirt, but there is more info on that as well:

According to NamUs, that's "George" written on the one side of the shirt, and "Doug Hyde Unlimited" written on the other side.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10724

Wondering about Kathleen Randall? She was traveling around with truckers in the Southeast and the time frame fits...there are no injuries mentioned in her profile on Doe or on Namus though..

I also looked up Doug Hyde Unltd...corporation was dissolved in 2001..

OC Lady:

Kathleen Randall is worth submitting to the Doe Network for this UID. There are no injuries in her profile, yet where she was last reported and last seen, match circumstances of this UID. Photo of Kathleen and this UID are similar.

It cannot hurt, and only help to submit the match.

I submitted Kathleen Randall to Pam Reed at UTHSC as a potential match for NAMUS UP 10724.

I plan to call the Cobb County ME tomorrow as well.

Received a response from Pam Reed

Dear OC Lady -

I will definitely take a look at these two. Thank you very much.

Pamela Reed
Regional Systems Administrator
National Missing & Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I just sent an e-mail to Pam Reed at UTHSC asking for an update -

I also checked Kathleen Randall's NAMUS profile and it has an update comment under DNA "an initial inquiry underway for DNA"

Does anyone know what that means?? I'm wondering if they might be working on a match -the one I submitted...or another one??

I just sent an e-mail to Pam Reed at UTHSC asking for an update -

I also checked Kathleen Randall's NAMUS profile and it has an update comment under DNA "an initial inquiry underway for DNA"

Does anyone know what that means?? I'm wondering if they might be working on a match -the one I submitted...or another one??

It means they are working on getting DNA from Kathleen Randall's relatives (parents, siblings or children). "Sample submitted - Tests complete" means it is on file and comparisons can be made through NAMUS.

I found this UID referenced in a long 2011 article about Cobb County, GA cold cases. Just thought something in the article might spur some ideas, if it hasn't been brought here before, which I don't believe it has unless I'm just missing it. Quoting the part that has to do with this UID:

Cobb authorities seeking help solving 78 old murders

...MARIETTA — A note in a glass case in the lobby at Cobb Police headquarters reads: “Please help me!”

Above it is the reconstructed model head and bust of a young woman whose skeletal remains were found on Nichols Drive in Mableton on May 10, 1984....

...In the 1984 case of the unidentified woman whose story is on display at police headquarters, the detectives say they aren’t really looking for her killer any longer, but they would still like to know who she was.

At the time, police believed she may have been a prostitute, and that her body was dumped on the side of the road. When she was found, police estimated she had been dead for several weeks. The medical examiner ruled her death a homicide, but the cause was unknown.

Draped over her remains, police found a man’s light beige-colored work shirt from a company called Doug Hyde Unlimited with the name “George” written on the front pocket.

Police said they found George who worked for that company at the time, but it led to nothing.

The medical examiner found that the woman had reconstructive facial surgery on her left eye. Police guessed that she may have been punched in that eye during an earlier incident.

More recently, police have sent her remains to an organization in Texas for DNA testing. The organization will eventually try to match her DNA to the DNA of family members in the nationwide missing persons database.

“She’s been unidentified since 1984, and obviously without even knowing who she was, solving the murder was near impossible,” Szeniawski said. “…We don’t expect to ever find who killed her, but we’d at least like to find out who she was and tell her parents that she’s dead and what happened to her.” ...

http://mdjonline.com/view/full_stor...thorities-seeking-help-solving-78-old-murders

Just reading through this one for the first time ... I see they found who "George" was but it lead nowhere ... I hate reading that ... why did she have HIS shirt draped over her? Obviously he explained that one away

A contemporary article at the time of her discovery--no real new info, but at the time she was believed to be a white female in her late teens-early twenties, 5'2"-5'4", 105-115 lbs, with light brown hair (no mention made of a wig at that time). She was thought to have been dead for up to three months, based on the condition of the remains and the winter clothing she wore. Note was made of the major reconstructive surgery she had had on the right side of her face.

Cobb County 1984 WhtFem - Newspapers.com

As a note on the reconstructive surgery, I have cared for patients with similar surgeries, and many of them will still show some facial asymmetry afterward. I think this is actually reflected in the bust that was made, but difficult to see due to the angle of the head and how it was photographed. The right eye appears lower than the left. I don't know if it would've been noticeable in passing, but I think it would have been to those who knew her well and saw her face in motion at close range. Unfortunately for us, it might be more difficult to see in a poor quality photo (or obviously a photo taken before the surgery was done). The arrangement of the clothing on the remains unfortunately seems to suggest sexual assault.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back