1081 users online (259 members and 822 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010.07.01 Cheney Takes on Another Major Case - Jim Greer

This was mentioned on several of the 6 PM newscasts, though I can't find any stories on them yet. the Orlando Sentinel had a brief mention.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5734927.story

This seems highly relevant to me, as it is a major local case that seemingly would take a lot of Cheney's time - and thus time away from Casey's case.

Trial date is set for Oct 18. Greer was the state Republican party leader, ousted for financial shenanigans. Cheney will have a press conference about it on Monday.

Coupled with Andrea leaving this week, I'm wondering what to make of it. Seems like it pretty much leaves Baez in charge on his own?
    www.amazon.com/shops/Grand_Media
    http://stores.ebay.com/grand-media-usa36

"This pretense of ignorance is getting old." - JA

This is gonna be goooooooooood!!! JB on his own??? Oh, the posts will fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
    This was mentioned on several of the 6 PM newscasts, though I can't find any stories on them yet. the Orlando Sentinel had a brief mention.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5734927.story

This seems highly relevant to me, as it is a major local case that seemingly would take a lot of Cheney's time - and thus time away from Casey's case.

Trial date is set for Oct 18. Greer was the state Republican party leader, ousted for financial shenanigans. Cheney will have a press conference about it on Monday.

Coupled with Andrea leaving this week, I'm wondering what to make of it. Seems like it pretty much leaves Baez in charge on his own?
    Maybe someone should explain to Cheney that you are supposed to stop working when your retire. :Banane30:

JB in charge on his own is just plain scary. ... but it should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Omachka View Post
    Maybe someone should explain to Cheney that you are supposed to stop working when your retire. :Banane30:

JB in charge on his own is just plain scary. ... but it should be interesting.
    I just realized that Cheney called for a press conference on a HOLIDAY.

I wonder if he realizes that?

I wonder if this is 'Yet Another Personality Clash', that JB wants to take the lead and just use Cheney for his DP qualification or, if JB wants the ball and to take it in a direction that no-one else wants to follow and sink with him?

Seems like the rats are leaving or setting some distance because JB is stubborn and wants to save his girl his way.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

Quote Originally Posted by texaslb218 View Post
    This is gonna be goooooooooood!!! JB on his own??? Oh, the posts will fly!
    Impossible. There has to be a DP qualified attorney on this team SOMEWHERE THAT WILL REMAIN.

Heavens to mercy. I can't even think straight anymore with all this news.

Where is AZ?!?!!

Quote Originally Posted by beach2yall View Post
    Impossible. There has to be a DP qualified attorney on this team SOMEWHERE THAT WILL REMAIN.

Heavens to mercy. I can't even think straight anymore with all this news.

Where is AZ?!?!!
    Well, Cheney will remain on the Casey case i believe, my question is - how much time will have have to devote to it?

The Greer case will have a TON of discovery and depos to do, I believe, and since it involves much financial finagling and hiding, seems like it would consume a lot of time just to understand the case.

And from what we've seen, he doesn't even understand or know all of the discovery in CASEY's case yet.

It's obvious he wants to end his career with a bang. What's that saying? Bang, Bang...

Well, Cheney will remain on the Casey case i believe, my question is - how much time will have have to devote to it?

The Greer case will have a TON of discovery and depos to do, I believe, and since it involves much financial finagling and hiding, seems like it would consume a lot of time just to understand the case.

And from what we've seen, he doesn't even understand or know all of the discovery in CASEY's case yet.
    MM, I don't even know how to begin to answer your question because I never dreamed he was as ignorant to the facts & evidence as he obviously is, per the 6/21 presser. Like you said in your last sentence.

I really have no clue what he has been doing this whole time. I can tell ya what he hasn't been doing though. lol

I am flabbergasted that he has taken on another case at all.

Insane. How could any DP-qualified lawyer think it was safe to leave JB in charge for the most important pretrial work of this case?

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

How odd! He hasn't got a handle on this case yet, and he is taking on another one ? He'd make better use of his time studying the facts of Caylee's murder.

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.

BBM

That is so true MM. What scares me to death is that KC will have an appeal on ineffective council if she is convicted. I sure hope Judge Perry will not allow this trial to be delayed any futher.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Road View Post
    It's obvious he wants to end his career with a bang. What's that saying? Bang, Bang...
    Now I have Cher singing in my head! thanks, that was so funny.

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    Insane. How could any DP-qualified lawyer think it was safe to leave JB in charge for the most important pretrial work of this case?
    Well, maybe we only need to look as far as the actors in this case.

I wish someone could have demanded court appointed attorneys oh maybe at least a year and half ago. How sad is all this junk for the justice of one murdered little girl by the name of Caylee.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

Eidetic is offline Open your eyes to the millions of lies that they tell you every day.
    Meeting with spiritual advisors and therapists
    Thread of the day

"She's safe. She's in God's loving arms. In a lot of ways, I'm content by the fact that she will never have to have her heart broken, or see the constant negativity that our society breeds -nor will she ever be abused or taken advantage of." -Casey Anthony
    "They just want Caylee back, that's all they're worried about right now,"- Casey Anthony

"I'm so angry and disappointed in our country's legal system, it makes me sick." -Casey Anthony
    "I guess you could say I am living for free off the kindness of strangers." -Casey Anthony
    "(Both of my parents are) not working, still, and yet, have the means to travel all over the country and don't feel that they have to explain where or why. Odd, right? -Casey Anthony

I am so sorry Caylee.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast