2010.07.01 Cheney Takes on Another Major Case - Jim Greer

Muzikman

ROCKIN!
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com
This was mentioned on several of the 6 PM newscasts, though I can't find any stories on them yet. the Orlando Sentinel had a brief mention.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...im-greer-trial-date.-20100701,0,5734927.story

This seems highly relevant to me, as it is a major local case that seemingly would take a lot of Cheney's time - and thus time away from Casey's case.

Trial date is set for Oct 18. Greer was the state Republican party leader, ousted for financial shenanigans. Cheney will have a press conference about it on Monday.

Coupled with Andrea leaving this week, I'm wondering what to make of it. Seems like it pretty much leaves Baez in charge on his own?

This is gonna be goooooooooood!!! JB on his own??? Oh, the posts will fly!

This was mentioned on several of the 6 PM newscasts, though I can't find any stories on them yet. the Orlando Sentinel had a brief mention.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...im-greer-trial-date.-20100701,0,5734927.story

This seems highly relevant to me, as it is a major local case that seemingly would take a lot of Cheney's time - and thus time away from Casey's case.

Trial date is set for Oct 18. Greer was the state Republican party leader, ousted for financial shenanigans. Cheney will have a press conference about it on Monday.

Coupled with Andrea leaving this week, I'm wondering what to make of it. Seems like it pretty much leaves Baez in charge on his own?

Maybe someone should explain to Cheney that you are supposed to stop working when your retire. :Banane30:

JB in charge on his own is just plain scary. :eek: ... but it should be interesting.

Maybe someone should explain to Cheney that you are supposed to stop working when your retire. :Banane30:

JB in charge on his own is just plain scary. :eek: ... but it should be interesting.

I just realized that Cheney called for a press conference on a HOLIDAY.

I wonder if he realizes that? :waitasec:

I wonder if this is 'Yet Another Personality Clash', that JB wants to take the lead and just use Cheney for his DP qualification or, if JB wants the ball and to take it in a direction that no-one else wants to follow and sink with him?

Seems like the rats are leaving or setting some distance because JB is stubborn and wants to save his girl his way.

This is gonna be goooooooooood!!! JB on his own??? Oh, the posts will fly!

Impossible. There has to be a DP qualified attorney on this team SOMEWHERE THAT WILL REMAIN.

Heavens to mercy. I can't even think straight anymore with all this news.

Where is AZ?!?!! :banghead:

Impossible. There has to be a DP qualified attorney on this team SOMEWHERE THAT WILL REMAIN.

Heavens to mercy. I can't even think straight anymore with all this news.

Where is AZ?!?!! :banghead:

Well, Cheney will remain on the Casey case i believe, my question is - how much time will have have to devote to it?

The Greer case will have a TON of discovery and depos to do, I believe, and since it involves much financial finagling and hiding, seems like it would consume a lot of time just to understand the case.

And from what we've seen, he doesn't even understand or know all of the discovery in CASEY's case yet.

It's obvious he wants to end his career with a bang. What's that saying? Bang, Bang...

Well, Cheney will remain on the Casey case i believe, my question is - how much time will have have to devote to it?

The Greer case will have a TON of discovery and depos to do, I believe, and since it involves much financial finagling and hiding, seems like it would consume a lot of time just to understand the case.

And from what we've seen, he doesn't even understand or know all of the discovery in CASEY's case yet.

MM, I don't even know how to begin to answer your question because I never dreamed he was as ignorant to the facts & evidence as he obviously is, per the 6/21 presser. Like you said in your last sentence.

I really have no clue what he has been doing this whole time. I can tell ya what he hasn't been doing though. lol

I am flabbergasted that he has taken on another case at all.

Insane. How could any DP-qualified lawyer think it was safe to leave JB in charge for the most important pretrial work of this case?

How odd! He hasn't got a handle on this case yet, and he is taking on another one ? He'd make better use of his time studying the facts of Caylee's murder.

BBM

That is so true MM. What scares me to death is that KC will have an appeal on ineffective council if she is convicted. I sure hope Judge Perry will not allow this trial to be delayed any futher.

Insane. How could any DP-qualified lawyer think it was safe to leave JB in charge for the most important pretrial work of this case?

Well, maybe we only need to look as far as the actors in this case.

I wish someone could have demanded court appointed attorneys oh maybe at least a year and half ago. How sad is all this junk for the justice of one murdered little girl by the name of Caylee.

Okay...let's think about this, because there HAS to be SOME reason...

Is it possible that this is some sort of strategic BS...and I don't mean with the case itself. I mean within the defense team. It is pretty obvious there are some big egos and power struggles going on....

Is Mason trying to make a point here? Is he leaving JB hanging out to bomb until JB has no choice but to let CM take the lead? :waitasec: Not that I think he would be much better, but I am sure CM thinks that...

I'm just talking out loud here. Trying hard to make some sense of this....

Is it possible that this is some sort of strategic BS...and I don't mean with the case itself. I mean within the defense team. It is pretty obvious there are some big egos and power struggles going on....

Is Mason trying to make a point here? Is he leaving JB hanging out to bomb until JB has no choice but to let CM take the lead? :waitasec: Not that I think he would be much better, but I am sure CM thinks that...

Yeah, the TIMING on this announcement is REALLY REALLY ODD.

Wednesday: Andrea announces she is leaving. (I heard it was in the works for a month).
Thursday: Emergency motion filed that should not be an emergency.
Thursday: Cheney announces to Media that he is also joining the high-profile Jim Greer case defense team, and will have a PC the following Monday (a holiday)
Friday: Emergency hearing with Casey in attendance. I predict that Judge Perry may get a little testy.

Also Friday: I predict some other motion will be filed at 4:50 PM, with copies given to local media to talk about over the weekend.

I could understand Cheney joining another case if Andrea was still involved, but the day after she leaves????

Mind-boggling. :eek:

...and this all comes after JB takes a vacation.

Yeah, the TIMING on this announcement is REALLY REALLY ODD.

Wednesday: Andrea announces she is leaving. (I heard it was in the works for a month).
Thursday: Emergency motion filed that should not be an emergency.
Thursday: Cheney announces to Media that he is also joining the high-profile Jim Greer case defense team, and will have a PC the following Monday (a holiday)
Friday: Emergency hearing with Casey in attendance. I predict that Judge Perry may get a little testy.

Also Friday: I predict some other motion will be filed at 4:50 PM, with copies given to local media to talk about over the weekend.

I could understand Cheney joining another case if Andrea was still involved, but the day after she leaves????

Mind-boggling. :eek:

I wonder if the Inmate (and her family) have enough sense to be concerned about all this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back