Found Deceased FL - Lynda Meier, 40, Hallandale Beach, 4 June 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://southflorida.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-hallandale-missing-woman-20100608,0,194315.story

Police ask for help in finding missing Hallandale Beach woman
Lynda Robin Meier was last seen Friday, and two women used her credit card the next day
By Sofia Santana, Sun Sentinel
4:55 PM EDT, June 9, 2010

HALLANDALE BEACH Two women used a missing woman's credit card a day after she disappeared, leading police on Tuesday to issue an urgent plea to the public for help.

Police say Lynda Robin Meier, 40, was last seen Friday, driving away from her condo building at 1850 S. Ocean Drive in her red 2007 Cadillac Escalade, Florida tag LI7DA. The SUV has chrome wheels.

Meier is 5-foot-8, 140 pounds, investigators said.

Two women used Meier's Mastercard at the Walmart Supercenter at 5851 NW 177th St., near Miami Lakes, on Saturday, and a store surveillance camera filmed the transaction, police said.

Although the use of Meier's credit card has police concerned, they say it's too soon to tell whether foul play is involved in her disappearance.

Police ask anyone with information regarding Meier's whereabouts or the identity of the women photographed at Walmart to contact investigators at 954-457-1400.

Meier's family is offering a $1,000 reward for anyone who can provide information that leads police to finding Meier, unharmed.

Staff researcher Barbara Hijek contributed to this report.

Sofia Santana can be reached at svsantana@SunSentinel.com or 954-356-4631.
54191963.jpg

http://cbs4.com/local/missing.hallandale.beach.2.1749943.html

Jun 14, 2010 5:48 pm US/Eastern

HALLANDALE BEACH (CBS4) - The mother and brother of Linda Meier, a missing woman who police say they now believe to be the victim of foul play. Crimestoppers announced the reward for information about her disappearance has increased to $26 thousand

Hallandale Beach police say they have located a person of interest in the disappearance of a woman more than a week ago.

http://wap.wsvn.com/wap/news/text.jsp?sid=218&nid=14823943&cid=4704&ith=4&title=Local+News+

Tourist finds skeletal remains
Updated on: 2010-06-29 07:20:29
Story posted 2010.06.29 at 07:15 AM EDT

WEST BROWARD, Fla. (WSVN) -- Authorities are investigating human remains found near mile marker 45, along U.S. 27.

Monday morning, at around 8:45, a tourist pulled off to the side of the road to rest when he discovered the bones with some clothing, according to police.
<snipped>
Police are now looking at missing persons cases. In Broward County, Hallandale Police are looking for 40-year-old Lynda Meier, who was last seen June 4th. In Miami-Dade, Marisol Ramon, who is also 40, has been missing since May 26th. "Obviously, we're going to look into missing persons or anything that might help us determine who it is that we have out here," said Concepcion.

54191963.jpg

Police say Lynda Robin Meier, 40, was last seen Friday, driving away from her condo building at 1850 S. Ocean Drive in her red 2007 Cadillac Escalade, Florida tag LI7DA. The SUV has chrome wheels.

Meier is 5-foot-8, 140 pounds, investigators said​

Two women used a missing woman's credit card a day after she disappeared, leading police on Tuesday to issue an urgent plea to the public for help.

Police ID pair accused of using missing Hallandale woman's credit card

Police learned that a day after Meier's family reported her missing, a surveillance camera recorded two women using Meier's credit card at a Wal-Mart near Miami Lakes.

Officials on Friday identified the women as Jessica Morales, 24, of Opa-locka, and Susan Panchoo, 23, of Miami.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...611_1_florida-tag-li7da-credit-card-police-id

Person Questioned In Missing Hallandale Woman Case

There's still no sign of a woman missing from Hallandale Beach for more than a week but police did question a person Monday night in connection with the case. A woman brought to the Hallandale Beach Police Department is not a person of interest, according to investigators. She is, however, someone who is giving information and possible leads into the disappearance of Lynda Meier.

Meier, 40, was last seen on June 4th leaving her home in the 1800 block of Ocean Drive. In grainy video taken from a surveillance camera, Meier can be seen leaving her condo at 5:17 a.m. and driving off in her red 2007 Cadillac Escalade.

http://cbs4.com/local/missing.hallandale.beach.2.1751920.html

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21001613695740/

Posted: 07/07/10 at 5:35 am EDT Last Updated: 07/07/10 at 7:15 am EDT

HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. (WSVN) -- Police have released surveillance camera footage that appears to show a woman who has been missing for over a month and two men who may have knowledge of her whereabouts.

One of the pieces of footage made public Tuesday shows an individual believed to be Lynda Meier, who was last seen leaving her Hallandale Beach apartment on June 4, withdrawing cash from a Bank of America ATM, just off Hallandale Beach Boulevard, at about 5 a.m. on the day of her disappearance.

Each of the two additional pieces of footage appears to show, according to authorities, two different, hooded men using the same debit card from Meier's June 4 transaction to withdraw cash from bank ATMs in Miami-Dade County, on separate occasions. A close-up shot shows one of the subjects wearing shiny sunglasses and concealing the remainder of his face with his hand during the apparent theft. Police have labeled the men persons of interest in the case.

Authorities confirmed that human remains discovered last week off US 27 are not Meier's.

http://cbs4.com/local/human.remains.found.2.1812487.html

Jul 19, 2010 7:32 pm US/Eastern
HOLLYWOOD (CBS4)

A dive team working in an area near the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and I-95 found human remains in the water. Detectives arrived at the scene just before noon when the remains were first recovered. Several dive teams aided the crime scene units.

<snipped>

Meier has been missing since June 4. She was last seen leaving her Hallandale Beach home on Ocean Drive around 5:17 a.m. in a red 2007 Cadillac.

Police did not immediately identify the remains and said it would take time. Investigators will also check to see if the remains could belong to other missing South Florida women, including Marisol Ramon and Sharon Elson.

Ramon was last seen in Miami Lakes in late May. Elson's been missing from her Hollywood apartment since mid-May.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Remai-98801464.html

By JEFF BURNSIDE
Updated 7:00 AM EDT, Tue, Jul 20, 2010

The human remains found in a canal off Hollywood Boulevard just west of I-95 are not that of Lynda Meier, the missing Hallandale Beach woman who lived a short distance away, according to a preliminary examination by Broward County Medical Examiner Joshua Perper.

&#8220;The examination of the bones in a preliminary review show that most likely this was a black, young woman, who probably died less than a year before, considering the amount of soft tissue that was found, and perhaps even as little as 6 months,&#8221; Perper said.

That time frame, if it holds true, would also rule out Sharon Elson of Hollywood, a black female missing since May.

I did not even know about this case but I'm just sick over it. Her poor mom.

Here's the lastest

Phylis Meier has been in a living hell for nearly 4 months now. On June 4th her daughter Lynda disappeared after leaving her beachside condo in Hallandale at 5:17 in the morning. Surveillance video showed her at an ATM, then driving through the intersection of US1 and Hallandale Beach Blvd; from there she just disappeared.

"I look out my windows, (and say) 'Where are you'," Meier told CBS4's Ted Scouten. "I sit in my kitchen, 'Where are you out there? Send me a sign, call somebody'."

So far the police have as few signs as Meier to point them in the right direction. Here's what they know. On the day she disappeared two men used her ATM card at banks in the northern and central sections of Miami-Dade County.

In each case, their faces were covered and not captured on security cameras. Investigator would like to talk with these men. Also, two women were interviewed by police after they were caught using Lynda Meier's credit cards. Investigators said they got their biggest break in the case so far from the women &#8211; the location of Meier's SUV.

Meier's red Cadillac Escalade was found in the parking lot of an Opa Locka apartment complex. Residents of the complex told police the SUV would come and go, with men getting in and out of it, but that's all they can remember.

http://cbs4.com/local/lynda.meier.hallandale.2.1926513.html

Wow it sounds to me like the police have a lot to go on. The girls that used the credit card didn't get charged? What's up that.

Wow it sounds to me like the police have a lot to go on. The girls that used the credit card didn't get charged? What's up that.

I guess they have there reasons but they should have charged them and they should have arrested them.

I know they got vital information from them, the missings car. They had found it and I guess LE is just trying to get the evidence in the case.

I really think these suspects are involved in another missing person case, 45yo Sharon Elson who has been missing since May 11, 2010.

Both are not to far apart I believe.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morbidlittlemind