2010.07.01 - Source: Terri Horman lied to investigators

The reliable source told KGW Terri was not cooperating with authorities and had refused to answer questions. Neither Terri nor her attorney had yet responded to questions Thursday afternoon.

"Kyron is still alive," Desiree said. "We would like all of you – everyone - to continue to get his face out there, to continue to look for him in your day-to-day activities. We pray each day for Kyron," she said.

The reliable source also told KGW cell phone records showed Terri was not where had she said she was on the day Kyron disappeared.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

I think that LE sometimes uses "leaks" by unofficial sources to get information out to the public, in this case maybe to put more pressure on TH. Since LE is being so close mouthed in this case I am tending to believe this.

Edit: I see that Dairygirl quoted about the cell pings.

Time for TH to speak the truth.

As I said on another thread........all the 'mis-information' printed (TH's son supposedly being away on a camping trip,the length of TH & KH's "courtship" & marriage etc)has come from TH's side so I'm not surprised if she herself isn't being truthful.
<sigh>

I know that cell pings are placing Terri's phone out on/near the island. However - is there any evidence that Terri herself had the phone in her possession? Did she call anyone with the cell and talk to them that morning? (Not a text - anyone could send a text).

I can see several scenarios where she might not have been in possession of the phone. For example - a friend of mine who has a cell has a defective "house" charger, but her "car" charger works, so the phone sometimes gets left in the car - and we know that TH was not driving her own car that morning. Now, if someone actually had a voice conversation with her on that phone, then there is evidence it was in her possession.

They also just said on KGW news at 7, that her polygraphs showed her to be deceptive..... in addition to what was in the article about the cell phone, not being honest with them, etc.

Wow...

Looks like the WW was right when they first reported about the pings. Moo

I know that the LDT isn't admissionable in court but what about cell phone pings? I realize they are trying to make a tight case but I just don't know why they don't arrest her or at least state that she is a person of interest. She has a lawyer now and it's not like she gave any useful information before that. I guess they could arrest her for lying to LE but she would probably get a small bond and be out in no time anyway. It just seems like they really don't have much.

I believe the school and their home is close enough to ping at SI even if they are not there. From following anther case on WS I have learned that if certain towers are busy it can be bounced to another tower and so it may be that just because her pings might show as pinging on the island tower they can not say with any certainty that she was actually on the island and not just somewhat near. It seems thay can actually be quite a ways from a tower and still ping. I have to take the cell ping info on SI (if it is a fact) with a grain of salt.

IF there is ever a trial in this case, a good defense lawyer can bring in "epert witnesses " who can scientifically refute the prosecution on cell phone pings. And,besides that,there could be other reasons given for lying. Meeting a lover,for example. IMO there are very good reasons why no arrest has been made. It might not hold up, at least for the present time....

All JMO

IF there is ever a trial in this case, a good defense lawyer can bring in "epert witnesses " who can scientifically refute the prosecution on cell phone pings. And,besides that,there could be other reasons given for lying. Meeting a lover,for example. IMO there are very good reasons why no arrest has been made. It might not hold up, at least for the present time....

All JMO

I think I would just admit to the lover rather than go around under suspicion of the disappearance/murder of a child.

I'm so sick of all this 'source' stuff. If the source is so reliable, name them. Otherwise, so far as I'm concerned it's the same tabloidesque sensationalist rumors that are crawling all over the net, and I give it no credence.

I know that the LDT isn't admissionable in court but what about cell phone pings? I realize they are trying to make a tight case but I just don't know why they don't arrest her or at least state that she is a person of interest. She has a lawyer now and it's not like she gave any useful information before that. I guess they could arrest her for lying to LE but she would probably get a small bond and be out in no time anyway. It just seems like they really don't have much.

There is really no reason to arrest her at this point. They have all the time in the world to start that ball rolling, at the time of their choosing. TH isn't going anywhere, she does not have access to any of her other children, and Kyron (in my opinion) is very likely deceased. Once they arrest her the clock will start ticking for the prosecution. I hope they take their sweet time and build a solid case, even if that takes six months.

Though it seems like this has gone on forever, it's only been four weeks.

I think I would just admit to the lover rather than go around under suspicion of the disappearance/murder of a child.

Yes,but what I meant was that cell phone pings give a general location, but cannot tell anything about intent. We can know where a person was,but not the reason they were there. Is that clear as mud now ??? LOL...

"The reliable source also told KGW cell phone records showed Terri was not where had she said she was on the day Kyron disappeared."

Help!!! Where did Terri say she was that morning? TIA

Yes,but what I meant was that cell phone pings give a general location, but cannot tell anything about intent. We can know where a person was,but not the reason they were there. Is that clear as mud now ??? LOL...

Does the truck she was driving have a GPS system?

I believe the school and their home is close enough to ping at SI even if they are not there. From following anther case on WS I have learned that if certain towers are busy it can be bounced to another tower and so it may be that just because her pings might show as pinging on the island tower they can not say with any certainty that she was actually on the island and not just somewhat near. It seems thay can actually be quite a ways from a tower and still ping. I have to take the cell ping info on SI (if it is a fact) with a grain of salt.

Cell ping location accuracy depends on the amount of towers in the area and the type of antenna each tower has. There aren't any towers on Sauvie Island but there are a lot of them close by, especially east and southeast. The more towers they can use to locate her pings, the more it doesn't matter if there is an issue with any one of the towers. You can just use different groups of towers to re-check the location and throw out the outlier, like you would in any experiment. They could be very confident she was not where she said she was after she left the school that Friday.

I think that LE sometimes uses "leaks" by unofficial sources to get information out to the public, in this case maybe to put more pressure on TH. Since LE is being so close mouthed in this case I am tending to believe this.

I so agree with you. They have their protocol, here in essence up against probably the finest criminal defense lawyer in the state and now need to be very clever in their strategizing to bring the case to a head where the arrest will be made. IMO

I think everything changed yesterday. Now she won't talk. And I don't think LE, or really the prosecutor, who has a great success record in Multnomah County, will want to make any deals or concessions for a confession.

I bet Houze is sitting on his haunches and licking his lips as we speak.

If she was running errands wouldn't the stores have some sort of camera system that could confirm her story? also if she said she drove a certain route couldn't LE check gas station videos and other store videos to see if her car drove by, I'm sure the cameras in the parking lots also scan a part of the road. So maybe LE couldn't confirm her wherabouts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back