990 users online (164 members and 826 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559

    Thumbs down Maggots On A Plane! Seriously, Frickin Maggots On A Plane In The Overhead Compartment



    Link

    Maggots cut short plane trip for two Syracuse area women
    Published: Wednesday, June 30, 2010, 11:36 PM Updated: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 9:10 AM

    Thursday, July 01, 2010, 9:10 AM
    Charles McChesney / The Post-Standard Charles McChesney / The Post-Standard

    It wasnít ďSnakes on a Plane,Ē but two Central New York women were plenty creeped out when maggots began falling on them as they sat on a USAirways flight to Atlanta on Monday.

    Desiree Harrell, of Syracuse, noticed maggots falling out of a closed overhead compartment as the plane was starting to taxi toward takeoff for Charlotte Monday afternoon. She told flight attendants she would not sit in that seat.


    Sitting in front of her was Donna Adamo, of Skaneateles. She noticed what she first thought was a bit of lint in her lap, ďbut it was a little squishy,Ē she recalled.

    Like Harrell, Adamo didnít want to sit in her seat while maggots wiggled out of the overhead storage bin and fell on her. But, she said, ďI didnít want to be arrested for being insubordinate on a plane.Ē

    Harrell told flight attendants to tell the pilot there was a problem. Soon the plane was heading back to the gate.


    ______________________

    USAirways said the problem was caused by a passenger who brought a container of spoiled meat onto the plane. Harrell has her doubts about that. She said there was no smell of rotten meat. And, she said, there were flies on the plane, meaning the maggots had been there long enough to mature into flies.



    Link

    The life cycle from egg to adult can be completed in as little as one week, but typically takes three weeks. House fly adults normally live about two and a half weeks during the summer, but they can survive up to three months at lower temperatures. Some overwinter outdoors in protected locations, or in crevices in buildings. Flies normally stay within one or two miles of their point of origin, but some have been known to travel as far as twenty miles.

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFp30CkVcLo[/ame]



    I would have screamed like a woman!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,593
    Oh, ick, I need to go take a shower now. Eww, eww, eww, eww!!!!! GROSS!!! I would SO not have cared about getting in trouble or arrested, I would have been out of my seat, running down the aisle, and screaming at them to let me off the @#$%*&^&^%&$^#@@^((^*%%^$&* plane!
    "Iím gonna miss that smile
    Iím gonna miss you my friend
    Even though it hurts the way it ended up
    Iíd do it all again
    So play it sweet in heaven
    ĎCause thatís right where you wana be
    Iím not crying because I feel so sorry for you
    Iím crying for me"

    ~ Toby Keith, Cryin' for Me/Wayman's Song

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    in a world of my own
    Posts
    1,417
    ya know, I guess its all how you look at this. Tonight on Bizarre Foods, Andrew was waiting to sample cheese with thousands of little maggots in it. And, if you have a wound, maggots are suppose to be the greatest thing for eating infection and dead tissue.

    Personally, I don't want my cheese that ripe or my wounds eaten anyway, it would be un nerving to say the least to have them falling out from above.
    narrow, limited thinker, but I'm trying to grow

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    1,487
    I was just on a US Airways flight a few weeks ago.Had maggots started dropping on me they would have had to sedate me.I would have caused a serious disturbance.I don't do maggots.I'd rather a tarantula crawl on me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticFringe View Post
    I was just on a US Airways flight a few weeks ago.Had maggots started dropping on me they would have had to sedate me.I would have caused a serious disturbance.I don't do maggots.I'd rather a tarantula crawl on me.
    I couldn't get home soon enough to shower. I would be pawing through my hair constantly and have to go to the mens room and completely disrobe in a stall to make sure none were on my clothes!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,315
    that is naaaaaaasty *shudder*
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the State of Denial
    Posts
    5,303
    They would really be glad I wasn't on that plane! I took my normal nightly shower as soon as I saw that!
    Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    1,590
    I do not ever say the word.M. I had to read that with my hand over my eyes. Thank God I was not on that plane they would of had to taser me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the State of Denial
    Posts
    5,303
    I read the ICA life cycle of a maggot thread, which was pretty amazing, but...no...not when they sneak up on me...hubby put a junebug down my shirt many years ago and i stripped in the yard...not pretty and he paid for that!
    Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the State of Denial
    Posts
    5,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    I couldn't get home soon enough to shower. I would be pawing through my hair constantly and have to go to the mens room and completely disrobe in a stall to make sure none were on my clothes!!
    Thanks for the video link...made my day......
    Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the State of Denial
    Posts
    5,303
    Somebody better be checking that luggage...just sayin...
    Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooner Fan View Post
    Thanks for the video link...made my day......
    I love the question they ask the very last woman. "Was it disgusting?" What the hades do they expect the answer to be!!

    "It was great!! God I love me some maggots. I don't understand why we had to turn back. Fortunately I was able to grab some and I'm saving them for later."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a place called Vertigo
    Posts
    17,676
    Quote Originally Posted by PorcineGranny View Post
    ya know, I guess its all how you look at this. Tonight on Bizarre Foods, Andrew was waiting to sample cheese with thousands of little maggots in it. And, if you have a wound, maggots are suppose to be the greatest thing for eating infection and dead tissue.

    Personally, I don't want my cheese that ripe or my wounds eaten anyway, it would be un nerving to say the least to have them falling out from above.
    I watched that show and all of them on the cooking channel. I can't believe how Andrew survives after eating all that stuff. The man loves his bull, and animal balls too. What the heck is wrong with him? I get sick after eating various foods and he can digest anything. It amazes me Porcine. Urg. I loved the episode where he ate the expensive bird's nests and made a big deal out of it. The cost was just out of this world. Just truly one of the strangest people I have ever seen on TV. He was a judge on Top Chef when they had to cook with exotic foods. (Who else could they get with that much experience?)

    Now that I see the maggots on the plane, I am getting sick. I would perfer, "Snakes on a Plane" I think if I had the choice. Could you imagine sitting there and the maggots flying at you? OMG.

    Always
    Goz

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the State of Denial
    Posts
    5,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    I watched that show and all of them on the cooking channel. I can't believe how Andrew survives after eating all that stuff. The man loves his bull, and animal balls too. What the heck is wrong with him? I get sick after eating various foods and he can digest anything. It amazes me Porcine. Urg. I loved the episode where he ate the expensive bird's nests and made a big deal out of it. The cost was just out of this world. Just truly one of the strangest people I have ever seen on TV. He was a judge on Top Chef when they had to cook with exotic foods. (Who else could they get with that much experience?)

    Now that I see the maggots on the plane, I am getting sick. I would perfer, "Snakes on a Plane" I think if I had the choice. Could you imagine sitting there and the maggots flying at you? OMG.

    Always
    Goz
    Hey...don't be messin' with animal balls...I eat Lamb (fries) balls on a regular basis..and they are delish! I've also eaten Chocolate covered bees and ants..but lets draw a line here...nothing goes down my throat that wiggles!
    Last edited by Sooner Fan#1; 07-10-2010 at 07:37 PM.
    Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooner Fan View Post
    Hey...don't be messin' with animal balls...I eat Lamb (fries) balls on a regular basis..and they are delish! I've also eaten Chocolate covered bees and ants..but lets draw a line here...nothing goes down my throat that wiggles!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Fantasy Island, 'DA Plane, Da Plane'
    By Camper in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 12:31 AM
  2. Drs. remove 50 maggots from man's ear
    By golfmom in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-30-2005, 04:53 AM
  3. A spoonful of MAGGOTS a day, keeps the doctor away.
    By blueclouds in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-01-2004, 05:25 PM
  4. British doctors to prescribe maggots
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 04:14 AM