Maggots On A Plane! Seriously, Frickin Maggots On A Plane In The Overhead Compartment

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
pic0maggot.JPG

Link

Maggots cut short plane trip for two Syracuse area women
Published: Wednesday, June 30, 2010, 11:36 PM Updated: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 9:10 AM

Thursday, July 01, 2010, 9:10 AM
Charles McChesney / The Post-Standard Charles McChesney / The Post-Standard

It wasn’t “Snakes on a Plane,” but two Central New York women were plenty creeped out when maggots began falling on them as they sat on a USAirways flight to Atlanta on Monday.

Desiree Harrell, of Syracuse, noticed maggots falling out of a closed overhead compartment as the plane was starting to taxi toward takeoff for Charlotte Monday afternoon. She told flight attendants she would not sit in that seat.

Sitting in front of her was Donna Adamo, of Skaneateles. She noticed what she first thought was a bit of lint in her lap, “but it was a little squishy,” she recalled.

Like Harrell, Adamo didn’t want to sit in her seat while maggots wiggled out of the overhead storage bin and fell on her. But, she said, “I didn’t want to be arrested for being insubordinate on a plane.”

Harrell told flight attendants to tell the pilot there was a problem. Soon the plane was heading back to the gate.

USAirways said the problem was caused by a passenger who brought a container of spoiled meat onto the plane. Harrell has her doubts about that. She said there was no smell of rotten meat. And, she said, there were flies on the plane, meaning the maggots had been there long enough to mature into flies.

:puke:

Link

The life cycle from egg to adult can be completed in as little as one week, but typically takes three weeks. House fly adults normally live about two and a half weeks during the summer, but they can survive up to three months at lower temperatures. Some overwinter outdoors in protected locations, or in crevices in buildings. Flies normally stay within one or two miles of their point of origin, but some have been known to travel as far as twenty miles.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFp30CkVcLo[/ame]

I would have screamed like a woman!!

Oh, ick, I need to go take a shower now. Eww, eww, eww, eww!!!!! GROSS!!! I would SO not have cared about getting in trouble or arrested, I would have been out of my seat, running down the aisle, and screaming at them to let me off the @#$%*&^&^%&$^#@@^((^*%%^$&* plane!

ya know, I guess its all how you look at this. Tonight on Bizarre Foods, Andrew was waiting to sample cheese with thousands of little maggots in it. And, if you have a wound, maggots are suppose to be the greatest thing for eating infection and dead tissue.

Personally, I don't want my cheese that ripe or my wounds eaten anyway, it would be un nerving to say the least to have them falling out from above.

I was just on a US Airways flight a few weeks ago.Had maggots started dropping on me they would have had to sedate me.I would have caused a serious disturbance.I don't do maggots.I'd rather a tarantula crawl on me.

I was just on a US Airways flight a few weeks ago.Had maggots started dropping on me they would have had to sedate me.I would have caused a serious disturbance.I don't do maggots.I'd rather a tarantula crawl on me.

I couldn't get home soon enough to shower. I would be pawing through my hair constantly and have to go to the mens room and completely disrobe in a stall to make sure none were on my clothes!! :sick:

that is naaaaaaasty *shudder*

They would really be glad I wasn't on that plane! I took my normal nightly shower as soon as I saw that! :sick::sick::sick:

I do not ever say the word.M. I had to read that with my hand over my eyes. Thank God I was not on that plane they would of had to taser me.

I read the ICA life cycle of a maggot thread, which was pretty amazing, but...no...not when they sneak up on me...hubby put a junebug down my shirt many years ago and i stripped in the yard...not pretty and he paid for that!

I couldn't get home soon enough to shower. I would be pawing through my hair constantly and have to go to the mens room and completely disrobe in a stall to make sure none were on my clothes!! :sick:

Thanks for the video link...made my day......

Thanks for the video link...made my day......

I love the question they ask the very last woman. "Was it disgusting?" What the hades do they expect the answer to be!!

"It was great!! God I love me some maggots. I don't understand why we had to turn back. Fortunately I was able to grab some and I'm saving them for later." :sick:

ya know, I guess its all how you look at this. Tonight on Bizarre Foods, Andrew was waiting to sample cheese with thousands of little maggots in it. And, if you have a wound, maggots are suppose to be the greatest thing for eating infection and dead tissue.

Personally, I don't want my cheese that ripe or my wounds eaten anyway, it would be un nerving to say the least to have them falling out from above.

I watched that show and all of them on the cooking channel. I can't believe how Andrew survives after eating all that stuff. The man loves his bull, and animal balls too.:angel: What the heck is wrong with him? I get sick after eating various foods and he can digest anything. It amazes me Porcine. Urg. I loved the episode where he ate the expensive bird's nests and made a big deal out of it. The cost was just out of this world. Just truly one of the strangest people I have ever seen on TV. He was a judge on Top Chef when they had to cook with exotic foods. (Who else could they get with that much experience?)

Now that I see the maggots on the plane, I am getting sick. I would perfer, "Snakes on a Plane" I think if I had the choice. Could you imagine sitting there and the maggots flying at you? OMG.

Always
Goz

I watched that show and all of them on the cooking channel. I can't believe how Andrew survives after eating all that stuff. The man loves his bull, and animal balls too.:angel: What the heck is wrong with him? I get sick after eating various foods and he can digest anything. It amazes me Porcine. Urg. I loved the episode where he ate the expensive bird's nests and made a big deal out of it. The cost was just out of this world. Just truly one of the strangest people I have ever seen on TV. He was a judge on Top Chef when they had to cook with exotic foods. (Who else could they get with that much experience?)

Now that I see the maggots on the plane, I am getting sick. I would perfer, "Snakes on a Plane" I think if I had the choice. Could you imagine sitting there and the maggots flying at you? OMG.

Always
Goz

Hey...don't be messin' with animal balls...I eat Lamb (fries) balls on a regular basis..and they are delish! I've also eaten Chocolate covered bees and ants..but lets draw a line here...nothing goes down my throat that wiggles!

Hey...don't be messin' with animal balls...I eat Lamb (fries) balls on a regular basis..and they are delish! I've also eaten Chocolate covered bees and ants..but lets draw a line here...nothing goes down my throat that wiggles!

Somebody better be checking that luggage...just sayin...

I guess someone put their carrion in the overhead bin?

But seriously, I don't even get how this could happen in real life. It sounds like the stuff of nightmares.

Something about the airline's version of the story doesn't make sense. A passenger brought maggot infested meat, and put it in the overhead?

I guess someone put their carrion in the overhead bin?

But seriously, I don't even get how this could happen in real life. It sounds like the stuff of nightmares.

Something about the airline's version of the story doesn't make sense. A passenger brought maggot infested meat, and put it in the overhead?

:floorlaugh:

I'm pretty sure that's BS. If it is true then the person was probably on the plane weeks before. JMO

Why oh why do I keep coming back to this link? Last night I was trying to keep my pizza down.This morning I have not eaten anything yet and still want to run in the bathroom. M's are my boogie man.

I forgot to ask this...Can they fly? I have to go on a plane in august.

Not until they mature into flies. They just fall out of the overhead compartment on your head and down the back of your shirt and on your lap and in your food. :innocent:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back