705 users online (91 members and 614 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2010.07.02 - Atty Werter on JVM tonite talking about Tommy's claims

Story is coming on in a few minutes. Werter discussing Tommy's claims of mistreatment by LE.
    Last edited by Kimster; 07-04-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: added date

JVM: Tommy screaming foul, LE is strong-arming him.

Will we ever know what happened, or has the trail gone cold?

Are cops trying to put the squeeze on him about Haleigh?

WERTER: The problem is last week he was transferred, I had no idea he was being transported. LE tried to interrogate, Tommy asked for his attorney, LE refused. LE and others claiming it was just an interview. Werter says it was interrogation.

Now Tommy has free access to Werter by phone, but he didn't initially.

JVM: Do you believe, Jim, that cops are threatening to charge your client TC with Haleigh's murder?

WERTER: FDLE never uttered those kind of threats, they came out of someplace else. Not concerned that Tommy will be charged with felony murder. There's problems with this case with regard to charging the person that should be charged. Inconsistencies between Tommy's story and Misty's story. He's been volunteering up until a couple months ago, then everything went to a halt.

JVM: What do they want?

WERTER: They don't know what they want. They don't know what to believe and what to trust.

JVM: It all started with Tommy and Misty's grandmother.

MIKE BROOKS: What's to believe from Flora Hollars, Jane. We've had her on the show and suddenly we don't hear from her. Is it to get her just her 15 minutes of fame or what? The cast of characters is incredible.

WERTER: JO is sitting up there in Tennessee just watching the events.

JVM: Everybody is a pathological liar in this entire family and that is why we can't figure out what happened to Haleigh and where she is.

so, he & Tommy are back to the Joe story??? didn't Tommy recant in a jail recording, or was that just Misty?

I think Werter had more to say but on that type of show you eventually get the host, guest, and the talking heads all talking a the same time. Werter got cut off, but I felt he wanted to say more.

I'm getting a little tired of the "poor Tommy" message being promoted by Mr. Werter. His problem is one of his client's own creation. He has told a tale completely unsupported by any evidence whatsoever and has FAILED a polygraph to boot. LE doesn't believe him and neither do I.

There's a simple solution for the dilemma Mr. Werter's client finds himself in. Tell the TRUTH. Strap it up to a polygraph and PUBLISH THE RESULTS. Hook Tommy up and show me he's telling the truth for a change and pal, he'll go from ZERO to HERO in my eyes and likely all of this country's eyes by finally, finally, telling us the truth about what happened to Haleigh Cummings.

A private polygraph examination is dirt cheap in the big scheme of things and Tommy Croslin is well within his rights to publish the results of the test. Publish a truthful result to pertinent questions asked and I'll promise you LE's not going to be picking on "poor Tommy" anymore.

But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. Accordingly, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed upon the housetops. Luke 12, 2-3

I am not sure it is appropriate to say this here but I do not trust Werter. It appeared to me on TV this evening as though he was trying to put the focus back on JO. If he has some evidence that strongly suggests JO, I would like to hear it. If his only "evidence" is his client's words, I would like him to go fly a kite.

If Tommy really made up the Joe story, now is the time to proclaim his innocence & prove it. Seriously, this makes me doubt him even more. His lawyer knows he's dealing with a known liar, & these kinds of legal motions only bring more attention to that fact. Now we know, because of Werter's filing, that Tommy is being accused of murder. Is that something, he really wanted the public to know? I wouldn't think so. not without the proof to dispute it.

I think that the only way that Tommy is gonna be believed, is to either back up the Joe story, with a PASSED poly, or explain why he lied, & back that up with a PASSED poly. I am sick of suspecting innocent people of murder. That's not fair. Some people are so convinced of Ron's, Misty's, Joe's guilt, that they'll never change their minds. This is unfair. If Tommy knows what happened, (& by the way, he's the ONLY one who keeps putting himself in the thick of things), then he needs to be held accountable. I've read so many times where prople have said, 'put me in a room with Misty, & I'll get the truth out of her', well, that's what the cops are finally doing, with Tommy. I hope they got something, important, because if they really did threaten to charge him, then they must already have something incriminating. & if Tommy's covering for somebody, who in the world is so dear to him, that he would accept the label of child murder, instead of just telling the truth? even if it was Misty, she was barely 17 at the time...no jury, after hearing her sorry story, would stick it to her. But they would stick it to to Tommy. His lawyer better get ready, because I see a storm a brewin'.

Mr. Werter needs to know that jail personel are not required to notify an inmates attorney that they are about to be transferred. In fact, the inmate himself would not even know about it until an officer came to the inmates cell with a huge plastic garbage bag before dawn and tells him to pack his things to leave. It is due to security concerns that no one know.

I do not know of a jail that has to permit an inmate the use of a phone any time he pleases. In a dorm or unit setting, there are usually several phones at the front of the dorm/unit/dayroom. If Tommy was locked in a cell 24/7, it might take some time for an officer to get a phone to him or take him out to a phone. A jail runs on a tight schedule and not for inmates requests.

Mr. Werter, IMO, is making much ado about nothing. Maybe he could use an inmate handbook outlining the jail rules and policies.

I once asked a defense attorney if he would lie for a client. He just told me that there were many ways a statement could be made that was not the whole truth but not a lie either. LOL. And I am NOT saying that all defense attornies lie.

JMO
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Why is it that the first thing the defense attorny seems to do is attack LE...for being corrupt, conspiring against his client, ect. Why don't they try a different tactic? Maybe say 'My client is innocent' and produce proof to back it up.

Oh yeah! I forgot, the client would have to be innocent.
    JMO

Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    WERTER: The problem is last week he was transferred, I had no idea he was being transported. LE tried to interrogate, Tommy asked for his attorney, LE refused. LE and others claiming it was just an interview. Werter says it was interrogation.

Now Tommy has free access to Werter by phone, but he didn't initially.

JVM: Do you believe, Jim, that cops are threatening to charge your client TC with Haleigh's murder?

WERTER: FDLE never uttered those kind of threats, they came out of someplace else. Not concerned that Tommy will be charged with felony murder. There's problems with this case with regard to charging the person that should be charged. Inconsistencies between Tommy's story and Misty's story. He's been volunteering up until a couple months ago, then everything went to a halt.

JVM: What do they want?

WERTER: They don't know what they want. They don't know what to believe and what to trust.
    bbm

If it wasn't FDLE, then who was it? PCSO? FBI? Notice how Mr.Werter makes it sound like he's saying who Tommy is making the accusations against, but he really isn't.

It's not clear to me who Jane means when she says "they". Does she mean those who Tommy accuses of mistreating him or does she mean Misty & Tommy? Werter's answer is equally unspecific. Does he mean that LE doesn't know what to believe and who to trust between Misty & Tommy or does he mean that Misty & Tommy don't know what to believe and who to trust?

Defense attorney's make their living being as vague as possible and double speaking as much as needed to benefit their client.

I assuming he meant PCSO/FDLE.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast