2010.07.02 - Atty Werter on JVM tonite talking about Tommy's claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

krkrjx

The answer is blowin' in the wind.
Reaction score
Story is coming on in a few minutes. Werter discussing Tommy's claims of mistreatment by LE.

JVM: Tommy screaming foul, LE is strong-arming him.

Will we ever know what happened, or has the trail gone cold?

Are cops trying to put the squeeze on him about Haleigh?

WERTER: The problem is last week he was transferred, I had no idea he was being transported. LE tried to interrogate, Tommy asked for his attorney, LE refused. LE and others claiming it was just an interview. Werter says it was interrogation.

Now Tommy has free access to Werter by phone, but he didn't initially.

JVM: Do you believe, Jim, that cops are threatening to charge your client TC with Haleigh's murder?

WERTER: FDLE never uttered those kind of threats, they came out of someplace else. Not concerned that Tommy will be charged with felony murder. There's problems with this case with regard to charging the person that should be charged. Inconsistencies between Tommy's story and Misty's story. He's been volunteering up until a couple months ago, then everything went to a halt.

JVM: What do they want?

WERTER: They don't know what they want. They don't know what to believe and what to trust.

JVM: It all started with Tommy and Misty's grandmother.

MIKE BROOKS: What's to believe from Flora Hollars, Jane. We've had her on the show and suddenly we don't hear from her. Is it to get her just her 15 minutes of fame or what? The cast of characters is incredible.

WERTER: JO is sitting up there in Tennessee just watching the events.

JVM: Everybody is a pathological liar in this entire family and that is why we can't figure out what happened to Haleigh and where she is.

so, he & Tommy are back to the Joe story??? didn't Tommy recant in a jail recording, or was that just Misty?

I think Werter had more to say but on that type of show you eventually get the host, guest, and the talking heads all talking a the same time. Werter got cut off, but I felt he wanted to say more.

I'm getting a little tired of the "poor Tommy" message being promoted by Mr. Werter. His problem is one of his client's own creation. He has told a tale completely unsupported by any evidence whatsoever and has FAILED a polygraph to boot. LE doesn't believe him and neither do I.

There's a simple solution for the dilemma Mr. Werter's client finds himself in. Tell the TRUTH. Strap it up to a polygraph and PUBLISH THE RESULTS. Hook Tommy up and show me he's telling the truth for a change and pal, he'll go from ZERO to HERO in my eyes and likely all of this country's eyes by finally, finally, telling us the truth about what happened to Haleigh Cummings.

A private polygraph examination is dirt cheap in the big scheme of things and Tommy Croslin is well within his rights to publish the results of the test. Publish a truthful result to pertinent questions asked and I'll promise you LE's not going to be picking on "poor Tommy" anymore.

I am not sure it is appropriate to say this here but I do not trust Werter. It appeared to me on TV this evening as though he was trying to put the focus back on JO. If he has some evidence that strongly suggests JO, I would like to hear it. If his only "evidence" is his client's words, I would like him to go fly a kite.

If Tommy really made up the Joe story, now is the time to proclaim his innocence & prove it. Seriously, this makes me doubt him even more. His lawyer knows he's dealing with a known liar, & these kinds of legal motions only bring more attention to that fact. Now we know, because of Werter's filing, that Tommy is being accused of murder. Is that something, he really wanted the public to know? I wouldn't think so. not without the proof to dispute it.

I think that the only way that Tommy is gonna be believed, is to either back up the Joe story, with a PASSED poly, or explain why he lied, & back that up with a PASSED poly. I am sick of suspecting innocent people of murder. That's not fair. Some people are so convinced of Ron's, Misty's, Joe's guilt, that they'll never change their minds. This is unfair. If Tommy knows what happened, (& by the way, he's the ONLY one who keeps putting himself in the thick of things), then he needs to be held accountable. I've read so many times where prople have said, 'put me in a room with Misty, & I'll get the truth out of her', well, that's what the cops are finally doing, with Tommy. I hope they got something, important, because if they really did threaten to charge him, then they must already have something incriminating. & if Tommy's covering for somebody, who in the world is so dear to him, that he would accept the label of child murder, instead of just telling the truth? even if it was Misty, she was barely 17 at the time...no jury, after hearing her sorry story, would stick it to her. But they would stick it to to Tommy. His lawyer better get ready, because I see a storm a brewin'.

Mr. Werter needs to know that jail personel are not required to notify an inmates attorney that they are about to be transferred. In fact, the inmate himself would not even know about it until an officer came to the inmates cell with a huge plastic garbage bag before dawn and tells him to pack his things to leave. It is due to security concerns that no one know.

I do not know of a jail that has to permit an inmate the use of a phone any time he pleases. In a dorm or unit setting, there are usually several phones at the front of the dorm/unit/dayroom. If Tommy was locked in a cell 24/7, it might take some time for an officer to get a phone to him or take him out to a phone. A jail runs on a tight schedule and not for inmates requests.

Mr. Werter, IMO, is making much ado about nothing. Maybe he could use an inmate handbook outlining the jail rules and policies.

I once asked a defense attorney if he would lie for a client. He just told me that there were many ways a statement could be made that was not the whole truth but not a lie either. LOL. And I am NOT saying that all defense attornies lie.

JMO

Why is it that the first thing the defense attorny seems to do is attack LE...for being corrupt, conspiring against his client, ect. Why don't they try a different tactic? Maybe say 'My client is innocent' and produce proof to back it up.

Oh yeah! I forgot, the client would have to be innocent. :banghead:

WERTER: The problem is last week he was transferred, I had no idea he was being transported. LE tried to interrogate, Tommy asked for his attorney, LE refused. LE and others claiming it was just an interview. Werter says it was interrogation.

Now Tommy has free access to Werter by phone, but he didn't initially.

JVM: Do you believe, Jim, that cops are threatening to charge your client TC with Haleigh's murder?

WERTER: FDLE never uttered those kind of threats, they came out of someplace else. Not concerned that Tommy will be charged with felony murder. There's problems with this case with regard to charging the person that should be charged. Inconsistencies between Tommy's story and Misty's story. He's been volunteering up until a couple months ago, then everything went to a halt.

JVM: What do they want?

WERTER: They don't know what they want. They don't know what to believe and what to trust.

bbm

If it wasn't FDLE, then who was it? PCSO? FBI? Notice how Mr.Werter makes it sound like he's saying who Tommy is making the accusations against, but he really isn't.

It's not clear to me who Jane means when she says "they". Does she mean those who Tommy accuses of mistreating him or does she mean Misty & Tommy? Werter's answer is equally unspecific. Does he mean that LE doesn't know what to believe and who to trust between Misty & Tommy or does he mean that Misty & Tommy don't know what to believe and who to trust?

Defense attorney's make their living being as vague as possible and double speaking as much as needed to benefit their client.

I assuming he meant PCSO/FDLE.

So when Werter said "FDLE never uttered those kind of threats, they came out of someplace else.", he really meant PSCO/FDLE? Then who do you think he meant uttered the threats? The FBI?

So when Werter said "FDLE never uttered those kind of threats, they came out of someplace else.", he really meant PSCO/FDLE? Then who do you think he meant uttered the threats? The FBI?

I think what Werter is trying to say was that when Tommy called him after his failed poly and they had a meeting with P. Cone from PCSO and JJ, the agent from FDLE Tommy was not treated the way he was when just the PC detectives/captain were present at the incident at the PCSO.

Link to press release stating who was present at meeting:

http://www.artharris.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/James-Werter-Press-Release.pdf

He meant that the uttered threats came from the persons he named in the motion, Cone, Piscitello and Merchant. He also mentions Sheriff Hardy-probably because he is their boss and allowed it to happen so he is holding him responsible for Tommy's treatment, also.

Link to Werter's motion stating who was present:

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wtlv/docs/070110_croslin.pdf

JMO

I didn't know inmates weren't allowed to be threatened...next thing you know they won't be allowed to be imprisoned either.

I have not seen any indications that this was an interview or an interrogation. I am proud of the PCSO....Kudos to them! Somebody should be kicking butt and not taking numbers. I am sick of this carp. Next up...pull rc out of his cell and do the same thing...then move on to Misty. This coddling has got to stop. Inmates and their rights! Pooey! What about Haleigh's rights?

It had to be, by legal definition, an interrogation. Tommy wasn't free to get up and leave at any time.

The fact that he was moved doesn't bother me near as much as them not notifying his attorney in a timely matter that he was moved.

For any LE not to immediately stop and contact his attorney when asked bothers me.

The minute that he asked for his attorney then everything should have stopped until his attorney was present. Doesn't matter what he is charged with or what he was being questioned about, that one thing along with PCSO's response really bothers me.

Simply because he has rights and if they are willing to violate his rights, who else has had their rights violated and who else might have their rights violated in the future by this group of LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave