Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread 2

Originally posted by Tricia. Carrying over to the new thread.

Dear Websleuths Members,

We have a problem with this discussion. I know we can work it out so the discussion can continue without us having to pull the thread for review or having to ban people.

The only people who need to be verified are those who actually know the main people involved. If you are good friends with Beth's kindergarten teacher then you do not need to be verified. If you are best friend's with Beth's best friend's cousin, you do not need to be verified.

If you know and have contact with any of the main people in the case and you want to post about it then you need to be verified. Or if you work directly with any of them. My point is it needs to be direct social or business contact for you to be verified.

You need to be verified if you say you are related to the main people involved in the case.

The verification process is very simple. I have to know your real name and talk to you on the phone. NO ONE will have the information but me.

Let me stress that this verification process is not perfect and people can slip through but short of hiring a private detective this is the best we can do.

If someone who is verified posts something you must always understand that there is a chance, even though they have been verified, that they may not be who they say they are. It's the chance we have to take.

Please email me if you feel you want to post about your personal experience in the case and need to be verified. tgrif@xmission.com

We do not allow Gossip and that's how we differ from the other websites.

Definition of Gossip; "A person who habitually reveals personal or sensational facts about others. "

I disagree a bit with the official definition. You can gossip just once in your life and it can have devastating effects. You don't need to be habitual.

We deal in facts and theories as long as the theories are not ridiculous or state as fact that someone is guilty of a crime when they have not been convicted. We look at the evidence and information provided to us (mostly) by the main stream media and discuss it. That is what we do.

In the Casey Anthony case her lawyer is named Jose Baez. People call him "Jose Bozo." We put a stop to it because it does nothing to advance the discussion.

In cases such as Beth's where the news is now down to a trickle it is difficult to keep the conversation going. It's time like this where posters tend to get personal and argue.

Please, as owner I really want to keep Beth's case out there, but I will pull the thread and the discussion if the rules cannot be followed.

Take a look at our Terms of Service

But I'll make it easy for you.

Don't be a jerk.
Don't call anyone a name.
Don't gossip
Be respectful
Don't drag names of innocent people out and plaster them all over the Internet.
Do post and discuss and theorize and enjoy yourselves.

If you have any questions feel free to email me or PM me.
tgrif@xmission.com

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Friendy reminder. Opinion and discussion is welcome here. Websleuths has no control over what the FB administrators are doing or how they respond to the members of their FB group. Opinion is welcome, but complaints about the FB group should be addressed directly with the ADMIN of the FB group. We are not going to permit this thread to be turned into a complaint session about what they are or are not doing and how they respond to or moderate their FB group.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you
Cubby
moderator.

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Beth's family are victims. Your opinion on their actions or lack of actions is ok, but there will be no bashing of the victims family and their will be no bashing of persons not officially named by LE as a person of interest or suspect. Currently, there are no named POI's or Suspects in Beths case.

Thank you
Cubby

I check on this case daily... I pray every night that Beth will be found and reunited with her family.

IMO, whatever happened to Beth happened in Centralia... I say this because (as was posted on part 2 of this thread) why even bring Centralia into the story?

A few theories have stated that maybe everyone was partying in Mt. Vernon, Beth accidentally OD'd, and people hid her body to prevent themselves from being prosecuted. Hence the cover story about Beth taking the train home.

IMO, if something like that were to happen, most people trying to cover up a crime would take the path of least resistance... for instance, they would get rid of Beth's body, drive the rental car somewhere, abandon it, and the cover story could be that Beth went to get more beer (or whatever) and no one has seen her since. I don't think many people would think to go check the train schedule in a town 30 miles away and incorporate that into their cover story- it's just too complicated and can be too easily checked by authorities.

Since JW knew the train schedule for the day that she said dropped Beth off at the train station, I think that verifies that SOMEHOW the train schedule is important and was discussed prior to that time. (Between JW and Beth?). I think JW did drop Beth off at the train station, maybe to meet somebody? Maybe that mysterious 'somebody' told JW and Beth that he/she would buy Beth's train ticket and take the train with her? That would explain the lack of info regarding Beth purchasing a train ticket. And as for no one seeing Beth at the station, maybe she got out of one car and right back into another car.... And then 'someone' prevented her from getting out of the car (and getting on the train)...

Also, another curious fact... From the beginning, the story has been that Beth drove to Mt. Vernon with JW because JW didn't like 'driving alone' http://more.stltoday.com/stltoday/n...6536d3bb2d8ad3048625773d007535cc?OpenDocument
What could have happened to change that? JW did drive back alone, without Beth, and without reporting Beth missing, so JW must have at least assumed she knew where Beth was.... this whole case is so curious...

All the above is my opinion and I pray for daily for Beth to be returned to her family...

I check on this case daily... I pray every night that Beth will be found and reunited with her family.

IMO, whatever happened to Beth happened in Centralia... I say this because (as was posted on part 2 of this thread) why even bring Centralia into the story?

A few theories have stated that maybe everyone was partying in Mt. Vernon, Beth accidentally OD'd, and people hid her body to prevent themselves from being prosecuted. Hence the cover story about Beth taking the train home.

IMO, if something like that were to happen, most people trying to cover up a crime would take the path of least resistance... for instance, they would get rid of Beth's body, drive the rental car somewhere, abandon it, and the cover story could be that Beth went to get more beer (or whatever) and no one has seen her since. I don't think many people would think to go check the train schedule in a town 30 miles away and incorporate that into their cover story- it's just too complicated and can be too easily checked by authorities.

Since JW knew the train schedule for the day that she said dropped Beth off at the train station, I think that verifies that SOMEHOW the train schedule is important and was discussed prior to that time. (Between JW and Beth?). I think JW did drop Beth off at the train station, maybe to meet somebody? Maybe that mysterious 'somebody' told JW and Beth that he/she would buy Beth's train ticket and take the train with her? That would explain the lack of info regarding Beth purchasing a train ticket. And as for no one seeing Beth at the station, maybe she got out of one car and right back into another car.... And then 'someone' prevented her from getting out of the car (and getting on the train)...

Also, another curious fact... From the beginning, the story has been that Beth drove to Mt. Vernon with JW because JW didn't like 'driving alone' http://more.stltoday.com/stltoday/n...6536d3bb2d8ad3048625773d007535cc?OpenDocument
What could have happened to change that? JW did drive back alone, without Beth, and without reporting Beth missing, so JW must have at least assumed she knew where Beth was.... this whole case is so curious...

All the above is my opinion and I pray for daily for Beth to be returned to her family...

The only part that really bugs me with this JW story, is the story has changed more than once. Also they wouldn't have to go to the town 30 miles away she could have just check the schedule on her iPhone

First story.. she dropped BB at the station about 30 min before the train which we know the train leaves at 6:08PM..

Then about two weeks later it is reported as between 5-6 at the 'train station'
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=7477571

Then a week later it is she dropped her between 5-6 "across at Los Cabos and drove off with Beth still standing on sidewalk she didn't see which way Beth walked."

Lastly now it is reported..
"Beth is reported to have been taken to Centralia by BF and dropped across the street at Los Cabos and I'm giving a window of between 5-7 which is larger than first reported."
http://www.facebook.com/?page=1&sk=messages&tid=1512539458302#!/topic.php?uid=122739057758360&topic=169

I don't live in the area, but people that live in Centrailia report that where JW says she dropped BB off it is one way roads and she would have to know the town pretty well to get on this road in front of Los Cabos coming from the direction of Mt Vernon. If you look at the pictures from the train station you can see Los Cabos across the way. That Sunday was graduation and it was dinner time and the whole front of Los Cabos is all glass picture windows with tables in front (4 picture windows) Yet nobody in Centrailia saw BB, the staff have been shown a picture of Beth too nobody working there even saw her. Another thing that bothers me is JW got lost headed home on 57, which is just a straight shot up 57 to home how do you get lost on a straight shot? If she gets lost this easily how is it she is going to easily find her way to this one way road in front of Los Cabos that you have to take more than one road going thru town coming from the direction of Mt Vernon to get to that spot.
I am sure someone here from Centrailia could explain this part better than me.
(picture of Los Cabos from train station below you can see the painted picture windows across where Beth was to have been dropped off)
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=227&post=3730&uid=122739057758360#!/photo.php?pid=30759005&op=3&o=global&view=global&subj=122739057758360&id=1091082387

IMO.. the changing story is because when you tell a story, as the LE investigate hole appear in the story so you have to adjust your story. When Amtrak reported Beth was not on that train, the story was then she dropped her off not sure where she went.
So if the Centrailia story is changing over and over, you can't help but feel the story is a cover for what really happen. Why Centrailia? Makes me think "sight of hand" a magician term for when you want to make something disappear you draw attention to the other hand which is in the opposite direction, so while everyone is looking at the left hand your making it disappear in the right hand..

Why has the window of time now changed 5-7?? Key words here "larger than first reported" so the story change again. Maybe they forgot about something? This was dinner time, could it be the investigate found that something was done for dinner time that proved Beth was still in Mt Vernon at 6PM?? They would have had to order something since they were just visiting and this house was not stocked with food since nobody actually lives there. If they ordered something maybe this showed on Beth's CC??
Anytime a story keeps changing there is disception involved, no best friend is going to drop her friend in a strange town without knowing exactlly what she is doing and who she is meeting, women tell each other these things this was a 30 min ride you don't think they aren't going to talk about what the plans were that evening. IF Beth was going to meet someone in Centrailia, why the need to change the story more than once why not just tell LE this in the first place and take yourself completely out of the picture.
You make a good point why not just park the rental some place and hide Beth if in fact it was an OD.. only thing is JW needed the rental to drive back home. Oh she could have just rode back with RR since he came back to Woodstock too.. but then Beth could have just taken the rental in the first place to meet said mystery man then too. No train was ever needed to get home.

Just like the WPD LE first stated there is "no rhythm or reason to the bf story"

The LE are not releasing information and this is very frustrating. But I have to believe this is because there is a reason they are not ready to show their cards so to speak.
Oh course this is JMO

"I don't live in the area, but people that live in Centrailia report that where JW says she dropped BB off it is one way roads and she would have to know the town pretty well to get on this road in front of Los Cabos coming from the direction of Mt Vernon."

It is NOT on a one way.

OK thanx SD I knew someone else could explain this better that knew the town.
I did find the comments finally about this from two people that lived there speaking of the two one way streets and JW ending up on the East side of the street..

LMK ..especially arriving east side of the street you would have to know where your going heading that way- past 2 one ways besides Regions bank-..
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=227&post=3769&uid=122739057758360#topic_top

The train station makes no sense here.... Beth being dropped off to meet someone makes no sense. The following are reasons why. (imo)

If Beth was meeting someone, there was no need for Beth to not take the rental car to go meet someone. She would likely want to take her own transportation so she could leave when she wished. JW and RR had access to his vehicle so they would not have been left without transportation.

Why would Beth not have someone meet her at the reno home? It's not like she was going to risk someone seeing her personal vehicle or risk them knowing where she lived. This was at a home in a far away city which outside of the owners doing rehab work was going to be vacant. No chance this person would know where any of them lived or which vehicles they drove outside of a work van.

It is likely IF Beth met up with someone, that someone came to the RR home. IF Beth left with someone and didn't come back when it was time to leave, why would JW make up a story about it? Why not say a man named X came by to visit Beth, he hung out with us for this part of the weekend and then he and Beth went for a drive or went somewhere alone together but they never came back. I can only think of one logical, but very selfish reason JW would not be honest about that if the above theory is accurate and that is to save her job with SB. Telling your employer you lied about events to help cover for your employers spouse having extra marital affairs would certainly be reason to part ways as an employee. Would JW be so selfish to do lie about this to save her job?

just thinking outloud.

ETA: It might be that JW, RR, Beth and someone Beth met were in the area's JW is using as the last place seen in the days preceding Beths disappearance. They may have been in that area Friday or Saturday. If I were LE I would have asked those they interviewed in that area if they saw any of them in those area's at all that entire weekend, not just at the times JW described.

JMO

If what JW said is true, that she is cooperating and SB knows the truth, WHY wouldn't LE have come out with a statement that they received NEW information on when/where Beth was last seen? Why would they continue to allow the train story to be floating around in the news if JW came forward with truthful information? I don't believe LE would not have made a public statement with NEW information about where Beth was last seen, IF they had that information.

JMO

Hmmm. Is it possible LE has not put out any more media releases because they know they are not looking for a live Beth? LE wouldn't ask the public to be on the look out for someone they believe is likely deceased.

It is possible, imo, LE hasn't said anything because they are building a case to make an arrest. They won't show their cards until they do so. I hope that it is sooner than later......

jmo

Hmmm. Is it possible LE has not put out any more media releases because they know they are not looking for a live Beth? LE wouldn't ask the public to be on the look out for someone they believe is likely deceased.

It is possible, imo, LE hasn't said anything because they are building a case to make an arrest. They won't show their cards until they do so. I hope that it is sooner than later......

jmo

Cubby..........I think you may be right about this. Just a couple of minutes ago someone on FB a local said that she was out at Miller Lake looking around and came upon some deputies looking around. They then ask her what she was doing out there. She stated that this was not the first time they had been seen in that area. I live very close myself 15-20 miles but don't drive around that area every day. I think it is just a matter of time until this story breaks! Maybe they were just wanting to let JW and RR think that they were buying the train story? Maybe hoping they would slip up and say the wrong thing!!!IMO

Cubby..........I think you may be right about this. Just a couple of minutes ago someone on FB a local said that she was out at Miller Lake looking around and came upon some deputies looking around. They then ask her what she was doing out there. She stated that this was not the first time they had been seen in that area. I live very close myself 15-20 miles but don't drive around that area every day. I think it is just a matter of time until this story breaks! Maybe they were just wanting to let JW and RR think that they were buying the train story? Maybe hoping they would slip up and say the wrong thing!!!IMO

Hmmm. Interesting. What is Miller Lake like? Is this lake busy like Fox Lake or the lakes in that area? Lake Geneva for example? I'm in the Chicagoland area so I don't know anything about southern IL.

I wouldn't automatically make the jump that LE looking around at a Lake on a Holiday weekend would necessarily be related to Beths case. There could be a million reasons why LE would be looking around at a lake on a holiday weekend. Especially if it were a place where people were simply enjoying a warm summer weekend.

JMO

Hmmm. Interesting. What is Miller Lake like? Is this lake busy like Fox Lake or the lakes in that area? Lake Geneva for example? I'm in the Chicagoland area so I don't know anything about southern IL.

I wouldn't automatically make the jump that LE looking around at a Lake on a Holiday weekend would necessarily be related to Beths case. There could be a million reasons why LE would be looking around at a lake on a holiday weekend. Especially if it were a place where people were simply enjoying a warm summer weekend.

JMO

Miller Lake is a small lake. You have to buy a membership to be on it. Most people buy them to fish, the fishing is good there. There are home on some parts, but a lot of it is just banks. There is no beach, at least that I remember. It is nothing like Lake Geneva! There is a club house with restuarant and bar. It is only a short distance from the house in question! On the same road in fact. Also the Jefferson Co sheriff lives on that same road! It is about 5 miles from Mt.Vernon out in the country.

Is there access to Miller lake off the main roads? Do we know if RR's family has a membership or are they friends with anyone who has one? A yes or no is ok, I don't want to add any names.

If RR's family is no longer living there and hasn't in some time, it is unlikely they would be current members, but maybe they still have friends who are members.

If Miller Lake is a private members only lake it makes even more sense why LE would be around - to keep trespassers or those without memberships away.

JMO

You can drive around Miller Lake & the RR home is not on the same side of the road as the lake so they would not need a membership. I was driving around there Friday afternnon.

Is there access to Miller lake off the main roads? Do we know if RR's family has a membership or are they friends with anyone who has one? A yes or no is ok, I don't want to add any names.

If RR's family is no longer living there and hasn't in some time, it is unlikely they would be current members, but maybe they still have friends who are members.

It is off the main road, but there is a road that you take which takes you all the way around the lake. You are not always right at the waters edge but close at certain places. The lake is just a short distance north and a little west of the RR house. I don't know about the family having a membership or their friends. There are a lot of people that go there without a membership, there is not a lot of control as far as keeping people away. It is not gated or locked, anyone can get to the water if you want. There are homes on some of the waters edge, but not all the way around the entire lake. They do not patrol it!

The JCSD has had a lot of financial problems and had at one time cut patrol down to two deputies for the entire county. There may be times there are more, but as a general rule. I really doubt that the JCSD was there looking for trepassers! Hope this helps.

From what I was told membership is just for boating anyone can fish from the banks.

The person that was looking for Beth has been out there a couple of times walking around it and saw the LE looking over the last week or so. They stopped her and asked what she was doing, and if I know her she told them just what she was doing :) she said they are looking just keeping it very hush hush

Cubby you were very right on with your "they won't show there cards" comment! IMO :)

How big or deep is the lake? Is this the same lake that the boat was supposedly rented on? If it is a "member's only" lake then it is doubtful that there are boat rentals. The LE may have been out there for many reasons. One reason may have been following up on a tip.

I hope that we all find out something soon but this is another odd case with too many questions and no answers. I sincerely hope the LE is building a case but I do not feel hopeful.

If we are dealing with drug use/dealing this may be a situation like the Haleigh Cummings case. That case has a lot of shady people who were the last to see the missing and still even though they are sitting in jail we still have no answers and LE doesn't either.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member