2010.07.03 Sheriff confirms Kyron last seen *inside* school

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
While going through the transcript of Oregon Live's interview with Sheriff Staton July 2, buried within it, I found this little nugget.

I felt because of the circumstances behind this type of a search, the fact that it involved a child, it was inside of a school, was the last known sight of the child, this was significant to me.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

This tells me several things:

- Nobody saw Kyron leave the school. Nobody saw him leaving, walking down any steps, stepping outside a door, walking down a pathway outside, anywhere in the parking lot, anywhere in the fields adjacent to the school, entering the woods near the school, walking down any nearby road, or riding in any vehicle.

- The rumor about a teacher or two teachers seeing Kyron leave the school with Terri has been proven by LE to be untrue.

- Nobody saw Kyron after the morning of June 4. All possible sightings of Kyron so far have been ruled out, such as the little boy seen riding in the truck.

So we now have two things confirmed by LE at this point regarding the last sighting of Kyron:

- Place: inside the school

- Person: Terri

What we are missing about the last sighting of Kyron, confirmed by LE, are:

- Place (specific): where inside the school was Kyron last seen

- Time: what time was Kyron last seen

I've been turning this over and over in my head. So little info, and when we get a tiny inadvertent nugget like this from LE, I beat it to death lol. Help me beat it some more, please! :)

- I made some contentions above based on this info. Please sanity check them for me - are they true, untrue, questionable?

- What other conclusions can we now draw from this info?

- What else can we rule out?

- What other new questions does it present for us?

Not necessarily. If you look at the quote in context, it's clear he's looking back and explaining his decision at that time to call in the FBI. This was very early on in the case, and at that point they hadn't interviewed anyone to any extent. The belief that 'inside the school was the last known sight of the child' may well have changed since then.

Did that make sense?

"One of the major, major players in this, which you don't normally call in initially, but I had them called in the very first day that this started, was the FBI. I felt because of the circumstances behind this type of a search, the fact that it involved a child, it was inside of a school, was the last known sight of the child, this was significant to me. It was very important and I felt that I needed to have all of the resources available. This is an unusual circumstance for a child to come up missing inside a school.

"So these were the resources employed. Getting back to the financial end of it — let me say this first, I don't put a dollar figure on a child who is vulnerable and I won't do that. And I will employ whatever it is that I have available to me to try to locate a child or someone that is vulnerable.

Ah ha, just as I thought. Cannot say anymore at this moment other than, stop narrowing local LE.

This is my post from the Skyline School thread...

Let's gather the actual info we know:

Kyron's deskmate Tr's statements (transcribed directly from the interview videos):

"He walked by the hallway and I'm like, Hi Kyron, and he's like Hi, I'm gonna go see this cool one, electric one. I'm like alright, bye, and that's the last time I saw him, he never did made it back to class." (KPTV 6/9)

"I went downstairs and that was the last time I saw him, I never did see him after that."
"And she (sub brought in to help with science fair) was like...oh no, where's Kyron, there's only five. And Ms. P's like, um, it's alright, calm down, calm down, he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water. She's like, alright I'm gonna leave, and she left." KOIN (6/11)

In that KOIN video the reporter also says Tr's grandmother says Tr told her he saw TH leaving the building and that Kyron was not with his stepmom when she left school.

Earlier in this thread Lavender transcribed a telephone interview made by KATU with MCSO Lt Mary Lindstrand where Lindstrand said:

"His stepmother and he were in the school looking at the science fair, had been in 2 or 3 different classrooms. I am told he went up one stairwell, she went up the other stairwell. She saw him walking down the hall toward his classroom, and that’s the last she saw him.”

Gosh, every time I begin to lean one way, I am hurled in the other direction!

To add to what I posted above, IIRC the FBI was notified very early in the case... that same evening within just a few hours of the initial response by local LE. At that point it would have been too early to determine if anyone saw Kyron leave the school, he was simply going on the information they had at that time.

Hope I'm making sense here lol

ETA:

Between 7 and 7:45 p.m. Sheriff Dan Staton personally calls the FBI to alert them to the disappearance.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

VERY early in the case, only about 3 hours from the initial response. At that time, they probably only had Terri's and the teacher's versions of events from that morning.

So we now have two things confirmed by LE at this point regarding the last sighting of Kyron:

- Place: inside the school

- Person: Terri

-snipped-

LE's STATEMENT is that the last "person known by them " to have seen Kyron is Terri.

Of course, the last person to have seen Kyron at school, that WE KNOW of - is the perp.

I was kind of left with the impression after yesterday that maybe Terri and Kyron were seen leaving the school together, for some reason. Can't remember why I felt that, maybe it was one of those "we can't comment on that" which have sometimes really meant "yes."

Yesterday I thought he was directly during press Q & A asked about confirming seeing Terri & Kyron both in the schol and he was able to confirm that.

With a follow up question of Terri &/or Kyron leaving the school, and he said he couldn't comment on that.

my speakers are on the fritz. darn. if you're listening to it - you might have a listen to the Q & A in this area of questioning... FWIW

This is my post from the Skyline School thread...

Let's gather the actual info we know:

Kyron's deskmate Tr's statements (transcribed directly from the interview videos):

"He walked by the hallway and I'm like, Hi Kyron, and he's like Hi, I'm gonna go see this cool one, electric one. I'm like alright, bye, and that's the last time I saw him, he never did made it back to class." (KPTV 6/9)

"I went downstairs and that was the last time I saw him, I never did see him after that."
"And she (sub brought in to help with science fair) was like...oh no, where's Kyron, there's only five.

And Ms. P's like, um, it's alright,

calm down, calm down, he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water.

She's like, alright I'm gonna leave, and she left."
KOIN (6/11)

In that KOIN video the reporter also says Tr's grandmother says Tr told her he saw TH leaving the building and that Kyron was not with his stepmom when she left school.

Earlier in this thread Lavender transcribed a telephone interview made by KATU with MCSO Lt Mary Lindstrand where Lindstrand said:

"His stepmother and he were in the school looking at the science fair, had been in 2 or 3 different classrooms. I am told he went up one stairwell, she went up the other stairwell.
She saw him walking down the hall toward his classroom, and that’s the last she saw him.”

Chili Fries, What IF the child is still hidden somewhere in the school?

Have you heard IF LE looked in the schools freezer, furnace room, in all the lockers or on top of the schools roof?

Not necessarily. If you look at the quote in context, it's clear he's looking back and explaining his decision at that time to call in the FBI. This was very early on in the case, and at that point they hadn't interviewed anyone to any extent. The belief that 'inside the school was the last known sight of the child' may well have changed since then.

Did that make sense?

Well carp, Calliope. Don't burst my bubble! LOL.

Yep, now that you point it out, it looks like he well could mean at that point only.

*sigh* back to the drawing board.

Have you heard IF LE looked in the schools freezer, in all the lockers or on top of the schools roof?

And inside ceiling tiles.

Yesterday I thought he was directly during press Q & A asked about confirming seeing Terri & Kyron both in the schol and he was able to confirm that.

With a follow up question of Terri &/or Kyron leaving the school, and he said he couldn't comment on that.

my speakers are on the fritz. darn. if you're listening to it - you might have a listen to the Q & A in this area of questioning... FWIW

Yep I just listened to the raw presser video a little bit ago. He confirmed that they both were definitely at the school that morning.

"His stepmother and he were in the school looking at the science fair, had been in 2 or 3 different classrooms. I am told he went up one stairwell, she went up the other stairwell. She saw him walking down the hall toward his classroom, and that’s the last she saw him.”

When they parted they both went up different stairwells? Why did Terri need to go up a stairwell? Was the science fair in a gym in the basement or something and she had to go up to get out of the building? Did she go to the school office or something after parting with Kyron?

I have wondered all along if it isn't possible he is somewhere in the school... or somewhere very close to the school. I still believe he was led away from the school, on foot, by an adult or older student. Although I am not convinced that after all this time, if he is deceased, that he is still there... if he was killed ner the school, the perp has had a month to move his remains far, far away.

Yep I just listened to the raw presser video a little bit ago. He confirmed that they both were definitely at the school that morning.

ETA: Just remembered he said they had indications or indicators they were both definitely at the school.

Well carp, Calliope. Don't burst my bubble! LOL.

Yep, now that you point it out, it looks like he well could mean at that point only.

*sigh* back to the drawing board.

Sorry =\

He was talking about all the resources used in this search and investigation, and I really do think he was explaining why he called in the FBI so early on. I'm not sure I'd take that to mean LE still believes that's the last known sight of kyron, although it could be. It may be that they still haven't found anyone who witnessed him actually leaving the school.

Have you heard IF LE looked in the schools freezer, furnace room, in all the lockers or on top of the schools roof?

Oh I just read about them searching the roof in an article. Darn it I closed the window already. It was a very early article. Within the first few days, and I think the roof search was Day 1 (June 4).

ETA: Just remembered he said they had indications or indicators they were both definitely at the school.

Do you have a link to the raw video from yesterday's PC? I have been looking without much success. I was getting ready to leave for work when that went on last night. TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back