CSI Shirt

Wrinkles

Reaction score
I still have a whole flock of questions about how it was that a 7 year old boy was wearing a CSI t-shirt. I certainly hope there is an innocent answer to that, because if there isn't...I can't help but thinking that the shirt was a chess move, a taunt... I hope that the latter is NOT the case.

Yes, exactly...but for just how long could they act? :) Since I talk in my sleep, a bug would never be good in my home. Heck I even answer questions while I'm sleeping.

Interesting point the CSI thing. I still have a whole flock of questions about how it was that a 7 year old boy was wearing a CSI t-shirt. I certainly hope there is an innocent answer to that, because if there isn't...I can't help but thinking that the shirt was a chess move, a taunt... I hope that the latter is NOT the case.

I think the shirt thing is a coincidence--I posted about this on another thread, but it was off topic so I removed it. On which thread would talk about the CSI thing not be off topic?

I think the shirt thing is a coincidence--I posted about this on another thread, but it was off topic so I removed it. On which thread would talk about the CSI thing not be off topic?

BBM

IMO, the hinkey meter of the LE officials and the FBI was at extreme when they saw the picture of Kyron wearing a CSI shirt in the picture at the science fair on the day he went missing!

OK, I'll just post my opinion here since we're continuing to discuss it on this thread--feel free to move it. Kyron has that CSI shirt on in several photos and his half-brother appears to have the same shirt. I'm sure it's just one of his favorite shirts. I'm not a parent, but I understand that sometimes it's hard to get kids to not wear their favorite shirt day after day. (Until they get older and the other kids call them out on it.)

I don't watch much TV, but from what I understand, however, CSI is not appropriate viewing for a 7-year-old. But if, as has been speculated, they got the shirt at an OMSI CSI exhibit (http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/06/omsi_exhibit_inspired_by_csi.html http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2009/05/22/omsis-csi-the-experience-crime-scenes-for-kids/), since it's a children's museum, I'm sure the content was not too grisly or gory for young kids. But it was probably a lot of fun. I haven't been to OMSI for years but I have fond memories of it and would have cherished a souvenir from there. JMO

Also, it has been said Terri is a fan of CSI (do we have a link for that?), but it's doubtful she forced her kids to wear shirts of something she liked. I think it's just a coincidence. I would think if TH had planned this in advance, she would have had enough forethought to *not* let him wear the shirt that day, or else it's a detail she didn't consider. She strikes me as naive and not calculating enough to thumb her nose at us on purpose by having him wear that particular shirt on purpose. JMO

Hello Haeve,

I'm not sure when/if it is off topic, or off topic on this thread... Just thought I would toss it in at this late hour because I can't shake the coincidence yet.

here is a csi t shirt thread for you all :)

I have to think that, if this was premediated, as I believe it was, that the CSI shirt was no coincidnce. Maybe subconsciously but not a coincidence. I don't think it was a favorite because he would have probably worn it more often. It does seem like a lot of his shirts are oversized, like they came from his big step brother so maybe he got it from him. The CSI being her favorite show came from her Facebook, which also makes me question how she watched it since she said they had no TVs in the house. Maybe on the computer?

I have to think that, if this was premediated, as I believe it was, that the CSI shirt was no coincidnce. Maybe subconsciously but not a coincidence. I don't think it was a favorite because he would have probably worn it more often. It does seem like a lot of his shirts are oversized, like they came from his big step brother so maybe he got it from him. The CSI being her favorite show came from her Facebook, which also makes me question how she watched it since she said they had no TVs in the house. Maybe on the computer?

I know her facebook said they had no tv, but there are pictures taken in their house that show a large flat screen tv hanging over the hearth. Specifically, the picture of them wearing fabric halloween masks over their eyes--look behind them.

I know her facebook said they had no tv, but there are pictures taken in their house that show a large flat screen tv hanging over the hearth. Specifically, the picture of them wearing fabric halloween masks over their eyes--look behind them.

I haven't see that picture but, assuming that it was taken at their house it means one of two things. Either they purchased a TV after she made that statement or she wasn't honest when she made that statement. What year was that picture taken? I couldn't find it in the Halloween photo album. Or they could have gotten rid of their TV after the picture was taken.

Eta, she made the statement about not having a TV in June, 2009.

BBM

How could CSI be her favorite program if they have no TV (as in they don't watch TV)!?!?!

I haven't see that picture but, assuming that it was taken at their house it means one of two things. Either they purchased a TV after she made that statement or she wasn't honest when she made that statement. What year was that picture taken? I couldn't find it in the Halloween photo album. Or they could have gotten rid of their TV after the picture was taken.

Eta, she made the statement about not having a TV in June, 2009.

Looking through the pictures, the earliest I see the TV is October 2009, so it is not unlikely they got the TV after she made that statement.

I guess they could watch CSI on the computer, they might be a very computer-friendly family with one of those great big monitors (do I sound jealous, with my mini, ancient laptop...)

But I think the shirt was meant for the science fair day only...if something happened without premeditation, as I believe, then Terri might be agonizing over this now...

I have children aged 7 to 14 and it would not strike me as odd that he was wearing the shirt (I mean if I just saw him on the street). That said, it was a big thing I noticed in the first artical I read about him.

I think it is interesting how many people seem very concerned with the size of his shirt, my (2) boys have always worn oversized shirts, I never thought twice about it before. I have noticed with this case though that a lot of people take issue with that "his shirt is too big", when to me, that is completely normal.

As an aside, we moved in April of this year, and we decided not to have the cable turned on at our new home, I have talked to many Mom's since and have been surprised at the answers I have received in that they have either moved and not had the TV turned back on, or just had it shut off, and are seeing how that works for their family. It doesn't seem odd to me, and we have 2 big screens! We have the one in the living room set up with the VCR and the kids watch movies sometimes, but just because it is up there, doesn't mean we aren't being honest in that we have no tv service. I guess that it one thing I am pointing out, I say we don't have TV when in fact, we have TVs, but we don't have cable. I guess it depends on how you word it.
Oh, and I watch my shows still, but on my computer. It is also easy to plug your computer into the TV monitor and watch them on the bigger screen too. But even if I did this (which I don't) I would still answer that "we don't have TV" in a casual conversation. lol

imoo of course!

BBM

How could CSI be her favorite program if they have no TV (as in they don't watch TV)!?!?!

we know a couple who doesn't have a TV but they get DVD series from the library and watch on their laptops after the kids go to bed

I did think it was weird that such a small child was wearing a CSI shirt but I figured he wore it because it was the science fair and CSI= Science.

The first thing that I noticed about the tee-shirt was that it had the same bright green that is featured on Kyron's science display :D

God Bless America!

I'm starting to sense a pattern here, that includes the red squirrel. If a kid wants desperately to please his mom, and knows CSI is a cool show, it's so easy to see how he'd pick that shirt. He seems to be surrounded with what his mom likes, including that "nut house" sign. A kid can tell when he's never good enough, and just tries harder and harder to be the pleaser.

:cow:

I also might say, "We don't watch TV" when what I mean Ishtar we don't have cable and we don't get decent reception for broadcast networks. However, we watch CSI by purchasing it from the iTunes store. We have an Apple TV, a Netflix account, with a Roku box, VCRs, And DVD players. Lots of media, no broadcast television.

I also suspect Kyron got the shirt at the exhibit, the CSI Experience, which has been touring the country, as well as having a permanent home in Las Vegas.

All my opinion

Very early on, I commented about the CSI not unusual for a kid his age because their is a whole CSI brand. My nephew got a CSI kit for his birthday a couple of years ago and he loves to watch crime shows (we have several cops in the family). The kit included fingerprinting dust and tape, this liquid stuff that was supposed to be like luminol, it came with a black light, and lots of other stuff. You can go to any Toys R' Us and find these kits, I think there are like 4 or 5 different ones. I imagine thats where the CSI shirt came from too.

From Day 1, I have thought TH was responsible. There was just something about her account of the morning and something about her facebook page that rubbed me wrong. Looking back I remember thinking how bizarre it was that she listed crimes shows as her favorite and the day Kyron went missing he was wearing a CSI t-shirt. I think she purposely dressed him that shirt that day! JMO

BBM

I think they do have a TV, only not cable. But either way, there's a simple answer - DVDs. :) I own almost all the CSI dvds and watch them much more than I watch the show in regular TV. (See my avatar, also - that Grissom from the show) And I watch them on my desktop computer sometimes.

It's true that a kid probably wouldn't watch that show - too gory and grown-up. So I think it's much more interesting and important that Terri was a fan - it might explain why this whole thing is so complicated. Maybe she picked up some tips.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back