1053 users online (269 members and 784 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Did this notorious RSO have anything to do with Kyron?

Quote Originally Posted by adh74 View Post
    Okay, I've only been thinking about this for a few minutes, but this is what I can come up with....

Theory:
    TH & KH were having marital problems.
    TH had reason to believe (based on history or his own say so) that he would try to take custody of the baby.
    She figured if she got rid of KH, she'd have the baby all to herself.
    Decides to hire a hitman to off her husband.
    Landscaper falls through.
    Finds someone else.
    Phase 1: Sell Kyron to pay hitman.
    Phase 2: Off KH.
    Phase 3: Take baby and life insurance and get outta dodge.

This would explain why they think Kyron might still be alive. They may think he was sold, not killed.
    Wasn't there a 64 year old SO in Portland that cut off his ankle monitor and skipped? Wonder if he could have had Kyron or been given Kyron by someone?

Does anyone remember who this guy was?

TIA
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    Wasn't there a 64 year old SO in Portland that cut off his ankle monitor and skipped? Wonder if he could have had Kyron or been given Kyron by someone?

Does anyone remember who this guy was?

TIA
    William Althouse is his name. There's a lot of info on him here- http://www.katu.com/news/local/97533604.html

William Althouse- The RSO who cuts off his ankle monitoring bracelet and disappears.

Talk of William Althouse came up in another Kyron thread, and although he definitely hasn't been linked to Kyrons disappearance, I found it interesting that he has been wearing an ankle monitoring bracelet for 4 years..then all the sudden decides to cut it off and flee.

Mods- if this isn't allowed, I apologize. Feel free to move/delete it. I just thought, since it happened near Portland around the time of Kyrons disappearance maybe we should sleuth/look into it?

There's more information about Althouse here- http://www.katu.com/news/local/97533604.html

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    William Althouse is his name. There's a lot of info on him here- http://www.katu.com/news/local/97533604.html
    Thank you so much, KaylynnCouture!

I started a thread on him earlier this morning..maybe a mod can merge?
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108463"]Did this notorious RSO have anything to do with Kyron? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    I saw this article posted in the "landscaper/hitman" thread. I'm a little confused - is THIS GUY the landscaper? Or is he just an RSO that cut off his monitor last Thursday after having lived with it for 4 years? Wouldn't LE know exactly where he was on June 4th to be able to rule him out?

When did the SO cut off his ankle monitor?

OK SO lived in the area so we can discuss this. Just remember I believe this SO went missing about a month after Kyron disappeared. phew.
    Last edited by grandmaj; 07-04-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Thread open. Thanks for your patience.

http://www.flashalertportland.net/press-releases.html
    "Althouse was on GPS monitoring, but he cut off his GPS ankle bracelet and failed to report to his Parole Officer. He is now wanted. His last known location was the area of Locust St. NE and Cherry Ave. in Salem around 12:30 pm on 06/29/10. Althouse is known to frequent wooded parks and likes to loiter around the riverfront area. He methodically plans his offending behaviors and should be considered a threat to minor children."
    Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.--Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    When did the SO cut off his ankle monitor?
    Sounds like the last time they have him tracked was on June 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    I saw this article posted in the "landscaper/hitman" thread. I'm a little confused - is THIS GUY the landscaper? Or is he just an RSO that cut off his monitor last Thursday after having lived with it for 4 years? Wouldn't LE know exactly where he was on June 4th to be able to rule him out?
    As far as I know, he isn't the landscaper. He's just a RSO that cut off his ankle monitor suspiciously last week, and disappeared.

Well, after 4 years with the ankle monitor he suddenly cuts it off and disappears. He is certainly far from the Portland area by now most likely.

I just find this suspicious. And I would like to know who this guys relatives are and who has been visiting him. Off limits to anyone other than him as far as sleuthing goes if I am correct in TOS.

JMO

Wouldn't LE have already checked the GPS bracelet to see if he was near the school that day? I don't think this guy is involved in Kyron's disappearance.

Salem is an hour and a half away from where Skyline is. I doubt this guy is related; they would have been able to place him. And I don't think LE would have ANY PROBLEM with saying "We believe this child molester has KYRON - look for both of them!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast