Did this notorious RSO have anything to do with Kyron?

LaLaw2000

Louisiana
Reaction score
Okay, I've only been thinking about this for a few minutes, but this is what I can come up with....

Theory:
TH & KH were having marital problems.
TH had reason to believe (based on history or his own say so) that he would try to take custody of the baby.
She figured if she got rid of KH, she'd have the baby all to herself.
Decides to hire a hitman to off her husband.
Landscaper falls through.
Finds someone else.
Phase 1: Sell Kyron to pay hitman.
Phase 2: Off KH.
Phase 3: Take baby and life insurance and get outta dodge.

This would explain why they think Kyron might still be alive. They may think he was sold, not killed.

Wasn't there a 64 year old SO in Portland that cut off his ankle monitor and skipped? Wonder if he could have had Kyron or been given Kyron by someone?

Does anyone remember who this guy was?

TIA

Talk of William Althouse came up in another Kyron thread, and although he definitely hasn't been linked to Kyrons disappearance, I found it interesting that he has been wearing an ankle monitoring bracelet for 4 years..then all the sudden decides to cut it off and flee.

Mods- if this isn't allowed, I apologize. Feel free to move/delete it. I just thought, since it happened near Portland around the time of Kyrons disappearance maybe we should sleuth/look into it?

There's more information about Althouse here- http://www.katu.com/news/local/97533604.html

I started a thread on him earlier this morning..maybe a mod can merge?
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108463"]Did this notorious RSO have anything to do with Kyron? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

William Althouse is his name. There's a lot of info on him here- http://www.katu.com/news/local/97533604.html
I saw this article posted in the "landscaper/hitman" thread. I'm a little confused - is THIS GUY the landscaper? Or is he just an RSO that cut off his monitor last Thursday after having lived with it for 4 years? Wouldn't LE know exactly where he was on June 4th to be able to rule him out?

OK SO lived in the area so we can discuss this. Just remember I believe this SO went missing about a month after Kyron disappeared. phew.

http://www.flashalertportland.net/press-releases.html
"Althouse was on GPS monitoring, but he cut off his GPS ankle bracelet and failed to report to his Parole Officer. He is now wanted. His last known location was the area of Locust St. NE and Cherry Ave. in Salem around 12:30 pm on 06/29/10. Althouse is known to frequent wooded parks and likes to loiter around the riverfront area. He methodically plans his offending behaviors and should be considered a threat to minor children."

I saw this article posted in the "landscaper/hitman" thread. I'm a little confused - is THIS GUY the landscaper? Or is he just an RSO that cut off his monitor last Thursday after having lived with it for 4 years? Wouldn't LE know exactly where he was on June 4th to be able to rule him out?

As far as I know, he isn't the landscaper. He's just a RSO that cut off his ankle monitor suspiciously last week, and disappeared.

Well, after 4 years with the ankle monitor he suddenly cuts it off and disappears. He is certainly far from the Portland area by now most likely.

I just find this suspicious. And I would like to know who this guys relatives are and who has been visiting him. Off limits to anyone other than him as far as sleuthing goes if I am correct in TOS.

JMO

Wouldn't LE have already checked the GPS bracelet to see if he was near the school that day? I don't think this guy is involved in Kyron's disappearance.

Salem is an hour and a half away from where Skyline is. I doubt this guy is related; they would have been able to place him. And I don't think LE would have ANY PROBLEM with saying "We believe this child molester has KYRON - look for both of them!"

Salem is an hour and a half away from where Skyline is. I doubt this guy is related; they would have been able to place him. And I don't think LE would have ANY PROBLEM with saying "We believe this child molester has KYRON - look for both of them!"

Right but until LE officially 100% confirms and knows this guy isn't related, I don't think it's a bad idea to have this thread here.

Whether this guy is related to Kyron's disappearance or not, I think he unfortunately did something to SOME child in order to have caused him to cut the bracelet, randomly, after 4 years of no issues, and flee.

Wouldn't LE have already checked the GPS bracelet to see if he was near the school that day? I don't think this guy is involved in Kyron's disappearance.

Hmmmmm....I'd like to agree and hopefully Oregon is more squared away than California. However, remember the Jaycee Dugard case and the recent deaths of Amber Dubose and Chelsea King. It appears no one was monitoring the monitoring bracelets. It will be interesting to see if Oregon can provide substantiating data on this guy.

LE already stated long ago this was an isolated case and no other kids were in danger (i.e. this was a family affair and not an abduction by a stranger).

He's probably completely unrelated, but I'm 100% in favor of leaving the thread here, if for no other reason than free publicity for him. He deserves his 15 minutes of capture. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back