1100 users online (228 members and 872 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

All LE Press Conferences Raw Videos, Audios, Transcripts: Sunday July 4 1020

All LE Press Conferences Raw Videos, Audios, Transcripts
    Last Updated: Sunday July 4 1020

Transcripts of the opening statements (not the Q&As with reporters) of many of the press conferences, as well as additional LE statements, are posted on the two Multnomah Co. Sheriff's Office websites here:

June 5 News Conference: 'Exhaustive' Search Under Way

June 6 News Conference - Deputies 'No Closer' To Finding Boy

June 7 - Noon - Kyron Horman search news conference

June 7 - Four o'clock - Kyron Horman search update news conference

June 8 - Noon - Tues. noon update on search for Kyron Horman

June 8 - Four o'clock - School Interviews nearly complete

June 9 - Noon - This one is raw audio - not video

June 9 - Four o'clock - Search for Kyron: Wednesday 4 p.m. news conference

June 10 - Noon

June 10 - Four o'clock - Latest update on Kyron Horman search

June 11 - Noon - Kyron Horman search Friday noon update

June 11 - One o'clock - Kyron Horman family speaks publicly for 1st time

June 12 - Two o'clock - Capt. Shults answers for Kyron's parents

June 13 - Noon - News Conference: Criminal Investigation

June 18 - Police explain Kyron flier with stepmom info

July 2 - Raw: Sheriff Dan Staton on Kyron case

This is not the press conference, but a separate interview conducted of Sheriff Staton by the Oregonian on July 2:
    Kyron Horman investigation: Transcript of interview with Sheriff Dan Staton
    Published: Friday, July 02, 2010, 4:03 PM

Full raw press conference video Wednesday, August 11, 2010:

Another LE Press Conference Video for June 6

Just found an additional video to the one posted about for June 6 with three more LE speaking at the Press Conference.

Parents, students interviewed in disappearnce of Kyron Horman

Third video for June 6 Press Conference

Sheriff Dan Staton and Superintendent Carole Smith

At the beginning is parts of Staton talking as in the video posted above, then Carole Smith from the school speaks.

Additional Press Conference Video for June 7

This video has an intro by MCSO's Capt Gates, followed by a gentleman from the FBI speaking.

Additional Press Conference Video for June 8

This has Capt Gates and Ben Keefer from Portland Public Schools, principal of Skyline Elementary school. The video I posted above doesn't have Ben Keefer.

I'm having some problems with the ustream video of the Aug 11 press conference. I found this additional video:

Video: Watch the Kyron Horman news conference
    Published: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 10:47 AM
    Updated: Thursday, August 12, 2010, 12:46 PM

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office held a press conference at 11 a.m. Wednesday to release new case details in the Kyron Horman investigation.

Press Conference September 15

KGW - Sheriff: Kyron Horman case in hands of task force
    Posted on September 15, 2010 at 4:13 PM
    Updated today at 5:28 PM
    Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton said there had been "significant movements" in the 15-week investigation .

Press Conference September 15

Raw: Sheriff on Kyron Horman case pt 1
    Posted on September 15, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Raw: Sheriff on Kyron Horman case pt 2
    Posted on September 15, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    Last edited by BeanE; 09-15-2010 at 09:45 PM.

Press Conference raw video from KOIN - September 15

The KGW has most of Staton's comments at the end edited out. This video from KOIN has all the comments.

September 15 miscellaneous press conference transcriptions

Staton: When we had our conversations in the past we were talking about a case that we had no knowledge of.

Staton: We will probably play about a thirty percent role.

September 15 press conference transcriptions regarding "other cases"

Staton: I believe that some of the information, and some of the, through some of the discussions, there are going to be concerns, not necessarily cases.

There may be cases that come out of this, but through the discussion, there are going to be issues that the sheriff's office is going to have to address.

I believe the Portland Police Bureau will be actively involved in that.

A lot of these issues we won't address until we actually do a debrief on this investigation once it's come to a conclusion.

There are a lot of issues that have developed. There's a lot of information that our detectives, that have, that, that they've developed through the course of this investigation that (pause) have developed some concerns.

And I think those concerns need to be addressed whether it's going to turn into an investigation and/or a notification process to other government entities. We still, that still remains to be assessed.

September 15 press conference transcription

Regarding things that LE will tell reporters about in the future when they ask them about things that stress LE

Reporter asked if people would be surprised when they find out what happened to Kyron, or if it would be what they are expecting.

Staton: (pause) I know Im taking a long pause on that. I have to think through that answer.

I think there will be things that will come out of this investigation that will surprise you, that you'll think about later on after it's over.

These are things that I'll tell you, when you ask me about the stresses that my staff is under, and that the other detectives and agency, agency representatives here are under is that uh (pause) we have a knowledge of things that we don't want to know about (pause) and that's the only way I can answer that.

We have a knowledge of things that we wish we didn't.

Changes in Kyron's investigation announced 9/15/2010

August 11 Press Conference
    Transcription of LE (Captain Gates) on "ton of evidence"

Approx 18:33

Reporter: What about surveillance footage of Terri Horman at any one of these Fred Meyer locations? Do you have surveillance footage of Terri Horman?

Captain Gates: We, we are examining a, a major ton of evidence, and I'm not able to comment on what that evidence is, or to the exact nature.

(Reporter interrupts with a different question)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast