The Doe Network:
Case File 271UMCA http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/271umca.html
NamUs UP Case 2761 https://identifyus.org/cases/2761
Note: Photos of tattoos are shown at links above.
Unidentified White Male
* The victim was discovered on August 15, 1995 in San Diego County, California
* Estimated Date of Death: A few days
* Estimated age: 20-25 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'9"; 182 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Short brown hair; blue eyes. Short, 1/2 inch, linear scar on the anterior aspect of the left shoulder, with two areas of scarring on each side, suggestive of sutured wound (possibly an old gunshot wound scar).
* Tattoos: Deco/tribal (a Fleur de lis) tattoo on the right upper arm, going circumferentially around it, which appears to be a wavy line and a scroll, with a symbol similar to the spade emblem on a deck of cards. Tattoo on left arm is a crude-looking line drawing resembling a sunset and clouds with seagulls.
* Dentals: Available.
* Clothing: 1 black T-shirt with "Marithe Francois Girbaud: A higher state of evolution" printed on the front and "Are you envolved over a ringed planet?" with four stars printed on the back; 1 multicolored camouflage pants. Black combat type boots. Located with him was a soiled white sheet and 1 broken plastic pan sheath.
* Fingerprints: Available
* DNA: Available at State lab.
The victim was located shot to death in a rural area north of Fallbrook; 0.4 miles West of Intersection Sandia Creek Drive & Rock Mountain Drive. The victim's head was partially bound with duct tape.
Investigators searched missing persons databases, ran his fingerprints, and contacted military bases ---- but none offered any clues in the case.
Detectives at the time checked with tattoo parlors in Fallbrook and Escondido to see if anyone recognized either tattoo, but no one did.