gal_alcala_93.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 129
  • gal_alcala_100.jpg
    gal_alcala_100.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 122
  • JBrewer1.jpg
    JBrewer1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 172
I always notice this case since she has the same name as my mother-in-law. Some websites mention that she may have run away with a boyfriend. Doesn't anyone know who the boyfriend was or where he is now? If she was dating a boy then surely her family or at least a close friend knew who he was. Looks like LE could check into what became of the boyfriend.

The Doe Network:
Case File 1465DFTX

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1465dftx.html

Joyce Creola Brewer
Missing since September 6, 1970 from Grand Prairie, Texas
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Date Of Birth: January 24, 1955
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7" (170 cm); 135 lbs (61 kg)
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Scars on the underside of her left arm, the side of her chest, and her torso.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Joyce Brewer was last seen on September 6, 1970, in Grand Prarie, Texas.
It is believed she ran off with a boyfriend.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Grand Prairie Police Department
972-237-8790

NCMEC #: NCMC1058775

Source Information:
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brewer_joyce.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5879/2/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

No archived articles found.

This week Joyce will have been missing 40 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• JBrewer.jpg
    JBrewer.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 99
  • JBrewer1.jpg
    JBrewer1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 97
  • JBrewer2.jpg
    JBrewer2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 97
Sure would like to know more about this boyfriend!

DOB: Jan 24, 1955
Age Now: 58
Missing: Sep 6, 1970
Missing From:
GRAND PRAIRIE
TX
United States
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'7" (170cm)
Weight: 135lbs (61kg)

Both photos shown are of Joyce. She was last seen on September 6, 1970. Joyce has a scar on the underside of her left arm, the side of her chest, and her torso.

NCMC1058775c1.jpg

NCMC1058775x1.jpg

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1058775&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

My mother lived in Grand Prairie for several years when she was growing up, until she quit school and ran away to California in 1972. I mentioned to her that I had joined this site and on a long shot, I asked her if she knew Joyce Brewer. She thought she did know her, on the periphery. Joyce would have been about three years older than her. My mother said that she had a friend named Jack (she called him Jackie) Brewer, and that his sister was named Joyce. She was sure they were the same person. She said she never knew that Joyce had been reported missing, or that she had run away from home. Anyways, I know I didn't really contribute anything "new", but maybe it will renew some interest in the thread.

The part about the family believing she ran away with the boyfriend is the strangest part of this story, to me anyway. Did the family know who the boyfriend was? Is he missing? I would think in the 70s you would have to be at least 16 to get married so even if she ran away with an older boyfriend I doubt she could have married without a parent signing for permission. Does anybody know? Would you be able to get married younger than 16 if you were pregnant?

My grandmother had to sign permission for my mother to get married at 16 in Texas in 1975 (and she wasn't pregnant), so I'm guessing yes, she would have had to have had a parent or legal guardian sign for her, pregnant or not. I do believe you could get married younger than 16, but again, only with parental permission.

She didn't have a brother named Jack. Also, the family says that they never learned the the name of the new boy she was seeing and supposedly ran off with. She left on a bus headed for Oklahoma, but was never seen getting off the bus there. The person at the bus station who sold her the ticket remembered her buying the ticket, but did not have any information on a male who may have been traveling with her.

I wonder if she had a driver's license or social security number? If she did not, and she really did run off with someone, maybe she married him and just can't be traced under the new name. It's possible she is still alive somewhere. Did the sister say whether Joyce would have gone away and never contacted anyone again? Was there anything going on at home that would have made her want to leave?

Her sister said to me that there would be no way, if she was still alive, that she would not have at least contacted her brother, as they were extremely close. That being said, there were indeed issues at home, as in most families with teens. The events leading up to her running off, in fact, could have prompted her to break off all ties with her family. The only thing that really bothers me about that is, once we grow up a little and start having our own families, the need to share our lives with them supercedes all petty, childish acts of our past...usually. The problems at home were normal problems, though, you know...not heinous acts of child abuse or sexual abuse...that's what I don't understand.

JC Brewer looks like she could be a twin to a woman who lives in my town. Her son goes to school with my kids. Makes me wonder if her mom could be JCB. I don't dare ask her but I know her maiden name. I'd rather not post it here for all to see because I could be wrong. Grand Prairie is only a couple of counties away from where I live. Is there someone I could give the name to in private and let them take it from there?

Stella, I can help you out. I live about an hour away from Grand Prairie and I'm a PI.

It wasn't all that hard for teens to run away and start new lives in the late 60's/early 70's. Both of my older brothers ran from Connecticut to Haight-Ashbury at ages 17 and 19. My oldest brother's girlfriend ran off with him- she was 15. They got married and had a baby. Unfortunately, both of my brothers died from their addictions, but many years later. The girlfriend never made it past her 20's, as she OD'd. They were reported missing but the police at that time wouldn't investigate every runaway to Cali. They did contact family much later...which makes me think that most of the kids who never do didn't make it, but I hope I'm wrong.

Does anybody know the bus she got on? I assume it was greyhound. also, where at in Oklahoma was it?

on a genealogy forum her birthday was put down 1954? is it possible the date is wrong? probably not but just a thought.

also on charley it says "She got into an argument with her parents about staying out late, and left the house angrily. She lived in the 300 block of southeast 9th Street"

so why is it believed that she ran off with a boyfriend if the argument was about just staying out let? is there something that is being left out? I'm sure she had friends who must've known who the boyfriend was and it had to be someone at school perhaps? if she was really close to the brother shouldn't he at least known her circle of friends?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back