Competitive Eating or Professional Wrestling?

If the perfect person for you became a competitive eater would that be the end of it?

• I'd really have to be sure they are the one.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I voted no. But thats cause with the inside track you coyuld get some of that food where it really n

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Hot dog link

Former hot dog eating champ arrested
By the CNN Wire Staff
July 5, 2010 4:44 a.m. EDT

New York (CNN) -- He didn't compete for the hot dog eating title this year, but he did cause a scene at the contest.

Takeru Kobayashi was arrested at Coney Island after his rival, Joey Chestnut, won the annual Nathan's International Hot Dog Eating Contest.

The six-time champion of the contest was trying to make his way on stage after this year's event, according to a representative for Kobayashi and a New York police officer at the Brooklyn precinct booking desk.

The incident was not a publicity stunt, Maggie James, Kobayashi's spokeswoman, said Sunday night.

"He got excited when people chanted his name after the contest .... so he jumped up on the stage because he wanted his fans to see him and (he thought) maybe they would chant, 'Let him eat,'" James said, referring to a dispute that kept Kobayashi from the table this year.

Kobayashi -- who took home the title every year from 2001 to 2006 -- did not compete because of a contract dispute with Major League Eating. He watched from the stands....

On a sports radio program this morning they were asking if a woman was perfect in every way and you thought she was THE ONE and you found out she was a competitive eater would that be a deal breaker for you?

For me no, unless it kept her traveling too much.

We'll open this up to men and women for the voting.

I voted yes.
My family was/is highly influenced by the Great Depression. Although I'm only thirty something, competitive eating drives me crazy because of the wasted food.

Children go to bed hungry in this country and throughout the world so I personally find no "sport" in gluttony.Its decadent,disgusting and makes me wish wasting food was a crime!
I'd love that pig on that 'Man vs. Food' to see firsthand hunger and starvation.
It makes me sick............

Total deal breaker! I can't stomach someone that even chews with their mouth open or smacks their lips while eating...turns my stomach!

I've stopped dating someone for poor tables manners. DISGUSTING!

Makes me sick to watch them- especially dunking those hot dogs & buns in water so they go down easier- yuck.

My hubbgy grew up extremely poor and while hes not a pig he has a healthy appetite and never ever leaves food on his plate, ever. He said there were some days all they got to eat all day were beans.

I grew up the opposite and have trained myself to eat everything on my plate, as it irritates the he77 out of hubby when I leave food on my plate.

Those competitive eaters are looking forward to a future of heart disease and god knows what. They are the heart attacks of the future so that's job security for people like me :)-

I LOVE the hot dog contest! Happy Joey Chestnuts is champ. I think it's all in good fun and a great tradition.
If the hubby joined, I'd support him. (As long as he won) HA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back