784 users online (127 members and 657 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Angry

Charles Manson and all his followers should rot in prison to the day they die. If there is a Hell, they should rot along side with Osama bin Laden, 9/11 Terrorists, Adolf Hitler, and Pol Pot.

Quote Originally Posted by weedemout View Post
    free leslie!
    Why? She should have gone to the electric chair / gas chamber years ago, and is fortunate to still be drawing breath and eating three times a day on the taxpayers' dime.

free leslie!
    I must respectfully disagree.

Angry

free leslie!
    Totally disagree. Leslie Van Houten and all the Manson family should be executed.

It's my unpopular opinion, but I proudly state it.

Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation.- Henry Ward Beecher

It's my unpopular opinion, but I proudly state it.
    I stand by this. Too much compassion is a bad thing.

Compassion fatigue
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compassion_fatigue"]Compassion fatigue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I think the truth is people don't change.
    Last edited by HMSHood; 12-01-2011 at 11:39 PM.

The people in this case should never be released. I remember this case well.
    They should all rot in he!!.
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

Compassion for the compassionate

Manson & his girls deserve as much compassion as they demonstrated during their crimes... She can set her ass where she is until she is old and gray

An Understatement

Many years ago, just after this crime occurred, I happened to work with a young woman who had gone to school with Leslie Van Houten. The young woman stated, " I don't know what happened to Leslie. She must have just gotten in with the wrong crowd."

Quote Originally Posted by heartfortruth View Post
    There is quite a bit of information all over the internet right now if anyone wants to "refresh" their memory of these unspeakable events and people involved.

Not very "refreshing" , however........

"trending" on Yahoo....# 1.........
    I went to one site.....enough to do more damage to my psyche today ...along with missing Alisa........think I'll go get some breaths of fresh air and cool off a bit.....
    I just don't know what I think about LVH being released.....
    any more thoughts?
    I remember all of it, too, heart -- I'm that old!

Let me say that I am one of those raving liberals; I was against the DP until I read Helter Skelter and other sources about this awful crime, and because of these murders and the brutality therein, I began to look at the DP differently. Still liberal about darn near everything else.

This is my opinion:

Since they were all given the death penalty initially, and then, as we remember, CA decided it was not to be in CA anymore, they gave them Life. When the DP in CA was restored, why were these folks not put back on death row? IANAL so I have never understood that. And why is "Life" not l-i-f-e in CA? In my home state, LWOP means what it says. No parole ever, period. Anyway....

And yes, of all the ones that were involved in Tate and/or LaBianca, LVH does seem the least bloodthirsty, but she went along knowing what would prolly happen and she participated. Apparently she held Rosemary's legs for her to be stabbed, and she then stabbed her most likely after RLB was dead. But she was there, and her sentence was Death. She has done some good things and has talked prolly sincerely about her remorse and regret about what she did in previous parole hearings, and she was young & under the influence of a madman when she committed the crime. But, again I say, she went along. She could have hitch-hiked home without going into that house, but she didn't.

No parole for LVH, or any of them, ever.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

I think LVH should stay exactly where she is..

The Manson crimes are what initially sparked my interest in the (somewhat morbid) true crime area.

Is she remorseful? Who knows..
    Does she think daily of why she is where she is? Probably..

She took part in a horrific crime, and those affected can't be bought back so I think LVH should rot in jail until she herself passes away..

Life should be for life and the death penalty should have been given back to them when CA reinstated the death penalty..

This is all my opinion only
    SA Hospital Liason Officer @ Yasminah's Gift of Hope

Supporting Parents of Premature Birth & Sleeping Angels

www.ygoh.org.au

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Yes, keep her inside even though Manson killer Steve Grogan, who participated in the Shorty Shea murder, has been released - Lord only knows why. If she is still alive when she's 90, I can imagine her generating some sympathy.

Manson was arrested here in Peoria, IL during 1949 when he was caught burglarizing a local Chevrolet dealership. In a recent letter to a Peoria Journal Star reporter, he said that he had fond memories of this town; saying it wasn't too big but big enough to get lost in.
    Last edited by STANDREID; 05-17-2013 at 10:54 PM.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Ass end of nowhere, hell hole of a holler
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by tapu View Post
    I've read that she has had several offers of employment, from her lawyers' offices and from friends of her family. This has been cited and backed up at the earlier parole hearings. Also--though this certainly doesn't guarantee a job--she has earned a bachelor's and (I think) a master's degree in prison. She also has organized and managed several service and educational groups inside Frontera.
    Maybe I'm just a mean witch, but.....seriously??? Any Manson member out in the world?? And Grogan loose in an open-air asylum of his old friends??

Quote Originally Posted by STANDREID View Post
    Yes, keep her inside even though Manson killer Steve Grogan, who participated in the Shorty Shea murder, has been released - Lord only knows why. If she is still alive when she's 90, I can imagine her generating some sympathy.

Manson was arrested here in Peoria, IL during 1949 when he was caught burglarizing a local Chevrolet dealership. In a recent letter to a Peoria Journal Star reporter, he said that he had fond memories of this town; saying it wasn't too big but big enough to get lost in.
    Thanks, Stan, for that little anecdote -- not exactly endearing but a weird (of course) tidbit. Cray-cray then, cray-cray now. Peoria, huh? WTH was he doing up there? Thanks for the little bit!

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    Thanks, Stan, for that little anecdote -- not exactly endearing but a weird (of course) tidbit. Cray-cray then, cray-cray now. Peoria, huh? WTH was he doing up there? Thanks for the little bit!
    If I remember correctly, he came through here with a buddy after they bolted from a Indiana reform (approved) school.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast