952 users online (137 members and 815 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Teen charged with sexually assaulting 4-year-old

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=7537463

A 16-year-old Dover boy has been arrested and charged with sexually assaulting a 4-year-old boy.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

http://www.wgmd.com/?p=6277

Sometime during the function the two wondered off in the woods. A family member of the 16 year-old found the two in the woods and felt that something had happened.

State police were called and troopers found evidence of a sexual assault. The victim was taken to Kent General Hospital for treatment.

Oh, my heart goes out to the little guy. Sweetheart, I hope you have a loving family and all the supports you deserve. You are a good good boy and did nothing to deserve this.

The older teen needs to be stopped NOW before there are even more victims. I am so thankful that someone had enough gumption to question something that did not look right. They are my hero tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    Oh, my heart goes out to the little guy. Sweetheart, I hope you have a loving family and all the supports you deserve. You are a good good boy and did nothing to deserve this.

The older teen needs to be stopped NOW before there are even more victims. I am so thankful that someone had enough gumption to question something that did not look right. They are my hero tonight.
    Amen, Missizzy! It was a relative of the 16 yo boy that called authorities. I would love to know what made him/her suspicious.

http://www.doverpost.com/communities...-on-4-year-old

The teen has been identified as Ivan T. Worthy, Jr.

http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...0331/1006/NEWS

At some point, the two, whose names were not released, wandered off and disappeared for at least 45 minutes, Sgt. Walter Newton said.
    Newton said the family member had an uneasy feeling and contacted a park ranger, who contacted state police. The responding troopers found evidence of an assault, police said.

"The 16-year-old was acting strange, the clothing seemed to be in disarray, the family member asked questions that couldn't be answered, and the suspect gave inconsistent statements," Newton said.

Okay, so I have a question....this 16 year old's name has been released, but he's still a minor and I haven't been able to see where it actually says he's been charged as an adult. How much are we able to post due to his being a minor?
    This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...

I think it's interesting that a family member of the TEEN found them and felt something was suspicious and then went to the authorities. How many times do you think parents/family members witness this type of thing and just let it be?

Bravo to that family member. Maybe at this young age, the teen can get some help.

Quote Originally Posted by newcomer View Post
    I think it's interesting that a family member of the TEEN found them and felt something was suspicious and then went to the authorities. How many times do you think parents/family members witness this type of thing and just let it be?

Bravo to that family member. Maybe at this young age, the teen can get some help.
    I was just thinking about that same thing and wondered if something had happened in the past that made that family member suspicious of the 16 year old.

I hope we get some more information soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    I was just thinking about that same thing and wondered if something had happened in the past that made that family member suspicious of the 16 year old.

I hope we get some more information soon.

My best guess would be the behavior of the four year old tipped off the reporting family memeber and got em asking questions of the 16 year old.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice