1332 users online (357 members and 975 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!

Man charged with child neglect, 'She is not even my kid'

FORT WALTON BEACH A 28-year-old man was arrested June 28 on charges of child neglect without great harm.
    Nickolas Ronald William Weeks was being visited by his probation officer and an Okaloosa County Sheriff's deputy when a three-year-old girl answered his door.
    According to the Sheriff's report, the two officials found the man in an upstairs bedroom asleep on the floor naked.
    In another room, the deputy found an 11-month-old girl in a playpen with a diaper full of feces and urine, which appeared to not have been changed for hours. The girl also had developed a rash.
    The deputy shined a light in Weeks face and shook him to wake him up. He appeared to be under the influence of "an unknown intoxicant," the report said.
    Later, the deputy heard from the mother who said Weeks had come to the home late the night before intoxicated, but she had assumed he would wake up if the children needed him, the report said.
    She also said Weeks is not the biological father.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/neg...ch-walton.html
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

Good God! Did he even KNOW he was there with children??

What kinda mother leaves a passed out drunk man to "care" for her 3 yo and 11 month old???

Charge her!!!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

And the mother has not been charged why? Have the children not been placed in protective custody? This makes no sense. The mother is the most responsible as far as I can tell. It doesn't even sound like the guy knew he was supposed to be watching the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    And the mother has not been charged why? Have the children not been placed in protective custody? This makes no sense. The mother is the most responsible as far as I can tell. It doesn't even sound like the guy knew he was supposed to be watching the kids.
    Exactly. From the story, I am not even sure the guy knew he was "babysitting."
    Why aren't they charging the mother if she left the kids with him after he came to her home as she says "intoxicated" ?

Well I guess he made his point.

What the heck is he on probation for? Who is "she"? They have to charge her, right?

I can't find anymore on this.

huh? sounds like this guy is the scapegoat for mom

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    ITA I am sure it sounds like he is no angel but he did NOT know they were there, supermom admitted that. and when he first woke, the first thing he did according to the article was ask after the kids.

he certainly appears to care more than she does. LE barking up the wrong parent IMO

So she in effect abandons those children...I mean really, leaving your kids alone with a wasted, passed-out man, thinking he'll "wake up" if the kids need him? Who does that?? She might have said on the way out, "I'm going to so-and-so, you're in charge of the kids..." Does she think the wasted, passed-out man really heard her or comprehended??

Yes, ITA, barking up the wrong parent here!

Scapegoat? Why because he is the man of the house? They both are cut from the same negligent cloth, male or female, bio parent or this weeks boyfriend.

The PO was visiting the man at that address. This leads me to believe this is the man's address. So he is I am assuming - the boyfriend of this supermother and further the children appaer to be staying there as well. Granted they are not his children but they were left in his care and under his supervision by said supermom.

Both need to have no access to children and their heads examined in my humble opinion. hold on, I need to go back and read the article. Just saw someone post about mom admitting that boyfriend was not aware she was leaving him in charge of the kids.

Okay, just re-read the article.

When awakened he inquired "where are my kids? Where are my kids?"

This tells me he was aware he was supposed to be responsible for the children that day.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

when i say scapegoat i mean he's like oswald being set up to take the fall alone when mom's on the grassy knoll with the fatal head shot

thanks for clarifying. They are both less than the scum on the bottom of my shoe and both should be prosecuted for child neglect and endangerment.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

when i say scapegoat i mean he's like oswald being set up to take the fall alone when mom's on the grassy knoll with the fatal head shot
    Fabulous analogy! Love it.