POLL ADDED Connect The Dots-Working theories thread #2

What is your theory in Kyron's disappearance?

• Terri alone is responsible for Kyron's disappearance and it was unplanned, an accident.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Terri alone is responsible for Kyron's disappearance and it was planned.

Votes: 43 15.8%
  • Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, it was unplanned and DeDe was called for help

Votes: 38 13.9%
  • Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, it was planned and DeDe helped plan it.

Votes: 108 39.6%
  • A stranger abducted Kyron. (Stranger being ANYONE except Terri, DeDe or accomplice.)

Votes: 20 7.3%
  • Kyron is still at the school or somewhere around the school grounds

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • A stranger abducted Kyron or Kyron is still at the school or somewhere around school grounds.

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • No idea

Votes: 47 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma Peel

an unexpected turn of events
Reaction score
Working Theories Thread

Here's the place to bring your theories and more complex analysis together using the facts and your powers of reasoning. Make Deductions Inductions, Intuitions, Speculations, Assumptions, and Hypothesize the day away. Problem Solve, Postulate, Percolate, Incubate, Ruminate, Mull your theories over. Expand them, refine them, have them tested, and best of all, get some friendly feedback from your fellow WSers. Theory & Analysis here presumed to be of speculatory nature. Please speculate responsibly and within TOS.

:detective: :waitasec: :bow: :idea: :thumb: :clap: :eek:nline: :curtsey: :aktion033: :shakehead: :read: :snooty: :crazy: :blushing: :yes: :Jumpie: :talker: :highfive: :toast:
:woohoo:​

Notes:
This is not a general discussion thread. lf it becomes one, our theory thread might have to go away.

So, if you choose to post here, please know that:
1) you are either posting your own developed idea/theory/problem analysis for others to comment on, or
2) you're commenting on a theory that's been posted.

If you like some ideas from a previous theory, but want to post an entire theory of your own, you can credit the previous poster for helping you shape your ideas.

I have to warn you that threads like this turn into general discussion.
so please post your theories and then move on. If this turns into a GD thread it will be closed.

If you are unable to post your theory because you suspect the family,do the best you can.

We are going to open this up again for discussion. Be sure to follow the perimeters set in the above two posts so we don't have to close it down again. :)

My theory is that terri is indeed the key...........her husband has been having an affair and her son was sent away as he could not get on with Kaine......if she sent the son away it was to try and save her relationship, if he did she resented this, especially if she then still had to mother HIS child and he was in love with someone else and their relationship not good........I dont think she particularly like Kyron and is a very self centred person (taking the 2nd hubby to court 3 years after he had no contact with HER son and getting money from him, convinced me of this). The resentment either built up that day and after all the work she put into the project, he said something, and she told him to go to the car and killed him in an accident/fit of rage and put him in the river off that Island....

or

the resentment had been building up inside her like a pressure cooker and to get back at Kaine she has somehow...(a big big dont know how or where) sent Kyron off with someone.

Okay, this is my theory. I believe TH took Kyron at the school, premeditatedly, with the help of an accomplice who was familiar with the school and and had a reason to be there on June 4th. I have based this theory on the fact that I believe TH could not plan a way to get Kyron out of the school without being seen BY HERSELF.

I'm not sure about the motive, but I suspect the loss of income from her older son going to live with his grandparents triggered some arguments about money. Possibly she was being asked to pay child support, and she didn't want to go back to work. She couldn't get a teaching job and didn't want to work a cash register. I believe the atmosphere in the home was so poisoned that TH was in a rage. I am skirting the issue of the landscaper because I think there is more to that story than we know just now. I do not think TH's reasons for doing this would seem rational to most of us. I think anger made her irrational.

I think TH met the accomplice on Sauvie Island and, unfortunately, somehow Kryon was killed. I hope hope hope I am wrong about this and the little guy wandered away from school--will be found, and no one is to blame.

Questions I have that could make me change my mind or confirm what I am thinking:

1. Was a backpack left behind at school?
2. Did the LS ever do work at the school?
3. Was Kaine supposed to be at work all day and changed his mind last-minute? If so, why?
4. Why did TH's dad say TH thought there was a 50-50 chance she would be arrested for child endangerment?

I have other questions, too, but I think they cross the line into sleuthing people we are not able to sleuth just yet.

My theory is that terri is indeed the key...........her husband has been having an affair and her son was sent away as he could not get on with Kaine......if she sent the son away it was to try and save her relationship, if he did she resented this, especially if she then still had to mother HIS child and he was in love with someone else and their relationship not good........I dont think she particularly like Kyron and is a very self centred person (taking the 2nd hubby to court 3 years after he had no contact with HER son and getting money from him, convinced me of this). The resentment either built up that day and after all the work she put into the project, he said something, and she told him to go to the car and killed him in an accident/fit of rage and put him in the river off that Island....

or

the resentment had been building up inside her like a pressure cooker and to get back at Kaine she has somehow...(a big big dont know how or where) sent Kyron off with someone.

I like all your ideas--they fit with mine. I think rage is the key. I posted mine before I saw yours or I would have just added to it!

I think TH's son being sent away - which has been rumored in news articles to be because her bio son 'butted heads' with KH - set her off and she became determined to do whatever was necessary to shift the family dynamic again so she could bring her son back to live with her again.

Her first plan was to get rid of KH but - when she had trouble finding an accomplice - her fall back plan was to get rid of Kyron and then plead with KH that her son needed to be brought back to their home to reunite what was left of the family.

I don't get the feeling that she's a sociopath in the same way Scott Peterson and Casey Anthony appear to me to be, but I think she didn't want to get a divorce and wanted her biological son back living with her and was willing to devise whatever plan she could think of, criminally murderous or not, to achieve that objective.

JMO based on gut instinct and it may change tomorrow!

There are some of us(myself included) that are feeling as tho this definitely was a premeditated(&IMO planned for quite sometime) "abduction" of Kyron, possibly even a homicide but either way I feel as tho this was given alot of fore thought(esp. since the murder for hire plot coming to light)which BTW if the murder for hire were a fabricated story Its IMO that Houze(known for his PR) would have IMMEDIATELY released a statement perhaps even a mandantory retraction with threats of lawsuit, none of thats happened and not only do I believe that there is evidence that this is infact TRUE, but I think it was a carefully timed "leak"(as I've read a few others that seem to think so to). IMO the murder for hire scheme was revised and the "disappearance" of Kyron took precedence over the Kaine scheme for a couple of reasons. For one, yes, its possibly to ensure the payoff(ineritance/life insurance)to just baby K and herself. Which with Kyron still in the picture it at the very least wouldve had to have been split with Kyron, or even possibly solely to Kyron(Which of course is DY by proxy). IMO this possibly could be part of TMH's "reasoning"(tho IMO seems to be questionable rationale at the least)but could have quite possibly been part of her revision of including Kyron.. But I think(&of course this is IMO and that is what we are doing here in"working theories" is speculating&giving our opinions)I think that her resentment/anger at Kaine(whether for a legit reason or out of severely deluded and distorted thoughts I don't know)but I think that TMH blamed, resented, and was angry at the fact that her teenaged son very recently(within past 6or so mos.[which look at the "for hire"scheme timeline they could easily coincide with one another])NO LONGER RESIDING WITH THEM in their North Portland home. I, as I've seen others have also seen it possibly REVENGE, "see how it feels"(of course quite obviously to an extreme of tit for tat) but I don't think we are dealing with someone that is in the right mind, healthy mind, however you want to phrase it, mentally sick, perhaps. I think that these reasons combined with anger/hurt of his possible infidelity and her already unhealthy mental state created the perfect storm and final snap that led her to revise her scheme. I quite possibly believe that in her revision she possibly saw it as to kill two birds with one stone. By getting rid of Kyron possibly in her mind was more punishment than death to Kaine(as in he'd suffer more not thru his death, but thru having to live thru the death of his son)... I am not sure as to which she was determined to put the plan into action with(and she possibly didnt know either, just had decided that Kyrons "disappearance" took precedence for whatever of those reasons)... ALL of that said is all in reference to the premeditation and also possible motives.
... BUT BACK TO DISAPPEARANCE OF KYRON and the thought that it was ALL PLANNED OUT. With TMH being a huge fan of crime shows(by her own admission CSI)we know they show LE using such technology as cell phone pings to track/trace a perps movements therefore leading LE to their guilty man. That said, she would have CERTAINLY known for a fact that her movements of that day would be so very easily tracked/traced by her cell phone.(I am not an avid watcher of the crime shows and know this to be a fact).. So, in her planning of Kyron's abduction(perhaps murder) her knowledge of this cell phone fact she could have decided to use to her benefit.. Let me explain.. What if she infact WANTED her movements thru out the day of June 4th to be traced/tracked to Sauvie Island. When infact she was no where near Sauvie Island on this day(except for dropping off phone/picking up phone from SI). Lets say she dropped the phone off on SI sometime that morning(this could be why LE says her cell phone pings don't mesh with her timeline of being at the school)because according to the cell phone pings she was already on SI and according to the pings she stayed on SI for several hours. When infact she had just taken her phone to SI(couldve been anywhere on that island, even just placed quickly off the side of the road in a ditch and later returned to retrieve it from that ditch)AFTER she had taken Kyron to an all together COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, NOWHERE NEAR NEAR SI where her cell phone pings would show her being at (when instead she went an entirely different route and direction with Kyron)... Therefore there would be no trace/track of her movements that day(atleast not thru the technology of the cell phone)it would appear that she was at SI for several hours that day when infact the cell phone was strategically placed on SI, she left without the phone and went on with her nefarious plans for Kyron and then only when COMPLETELY DONE with all that plan entailed did she return to SI to retrieve the strategically placed phone, which would then appear(by the cell pings)that she was JUST THEN leaving SI...So, if she was a fan of all the true crime and it would seem that there has been perhaps months of planning(i.e. murder for hire, then revised to get rid of Kyron first for whatever reasons, some I explained above).. It would certainly seem plausible (IMO) that she would use some knowledge of how technology "catches the perps" she instead use it to her advantage to "outsmart the cops"(and I've heard this mentioned several times does TMH think she can outsmart LE? my answer is yes(IMO) I think she certainly thinks she can outsmart and outwit these cops, I think she tried to think "steps ahead of them") I just hope for little Kyron's sake that LE is/has been onto her [IMO] long planned disappearance and/or murder of her innocent little step son...

I think she saw that her soon to be ex was going to leave her.

She needed money to live. She really has no way of making much of a living. She would have to claim her DUI on a background check which may not help in getting a teaching job, esp with the child endangerment. Plus, she really didn't want to work as she was going to get back into body building which is a full-time job in itself.

Her ability to off her soon to be ex wasn't working out. I imagine it's a little difficult to find someone to do the job that you can trust and trust that they won't off you after they collect their payment.

Obviously she isn't too fond of her ex, so she decides to get rid of something he cares about.

What was next? Who knows.

REMINDER - for commenting on theories

If you're not posting a theory, but you wish to provide constructive feedback and/or comments on a posted theory - you're in the right place! Please provide details in your feedback to a theory - so the theorist can keep working on their theory.

It helps everyone trying to follow the theories & feedback if we quote the theory we comment on on in our posts.

Please feel free to snip the quoted theory respectfully for space. Just leave the first few lines visible, and don't delete the beginning quote command and end [/quote] command (both are in brackets).

If you're not posting a theory, or you're not replying to a theory, then ... your post might not belong on this thread. Yes, you've been inspired or you've just realized something but - Oh Dilemma! Where to post it?

Not to worry. This can be a good thing! It often happens during theory refinement - posters discover an area which needs more discussion - check existing threads for your topic or - start a specific subject thread to discuss what needs discussing. discussion of your new topic!

Just try to remember that general discussions arising out of a theory should not happen on this thread.

Thanks & Enjoy!

P.S. Thanks Kimster for letting us give this another try. :gomods:

I've been mulling this over and over all weekend.

IMO I do not believe TH did this out of revenge or jealously.

I think we are seeing a "new breed" of female perp. KC, Misty, Melissa Huckabee.

TH wanted - no, she LONGED for the "life she had" just a short 5 years ago. She was at peak body shape, winning (or placing in) competitions, her then BF (soon to be hubby) was "in love" with her, and she had 2 sons (one hers - the other the BF's and Kyron was very cute!). She was on top of the world.

Then it all started to crumble.

First, - the DUI which got DHS involved and possibly ruined her teaching career (that hadn't even gotten off the ground).

To make up for all that Kaine proposed marriage - in Hawaii no less. And shortly after TH pops up preggers. Kaine is overjoyed - and TH looks at it as just some "time off" from her bodybuilding.

Baby K arrives, older son "J" is going through the "teen rebellion" years (which are very very difficult) and Kyron is getting older (and to TH - more obnoxious).

Kaine is now no longer interested in "her" - her body has gone to chit, she can't loose the baby weight. Kyron is getting worse (in her eyes).

She sends "J" away - to get his act together - but TH looks at it more as some "freedom".

She can't get a job (hence the volunteering at Skyline). She can't make any money for herself. She can't get back to the gym on a regular basis because of all the "mommy duties".

She hates her life. She longs for the "life she had" as the center of attention. Things simmer to a heated boil and thus the plan to first off Kaine - that doesn't work. So, next the plan to get rid of Kyron.

I do believe she is very mentally unstable - but not to the point where she is this blubbering mess. I believe she has made "sarcastic" statements about the Kyron situation. I also believe she has alluded to "never giving up Kyron" - because that keeps the spotlight focused directly on her - which is exactly what she wants.

I, ME, MINE - pay attention to ME!!!!!

IMHO we're seeing it all over again - same problem - different scenerio.

There are some of us(myself included) that are feeling as tho this definitely was a premeditated(&IMO planned for quite sometime) "abduction" of Kyron, possibly even a homicide but either way I feel as tho this was given alot of fore thought(esp. since the murder for hire plot coming to light)which BTW if the murder for hire were a fabricated story Its IMO that Houze(known for his PR) would have IMMEDIATELY released a statement perhaps even a mandantory retraction with threats of lawsuit, none of thats happened and not only do I believe that there is evidence that this is infact TRUE, but I think it was a carefully timed "leak"(as I've read a few others that seem to think so to). IMO the murder for hire scheme was revised and the "disappearance" of Kyron took precedence over the Kaine scheme for a couple of reasons. For one, yes, its possibly to ensure the payoff(ineritance/life insurance)to just baby K and herself. Which with Kyron still in the picture it at the very least wouldve had to have been split with Kyron, or even possibly solely to Kyron(Which of course is DY by proxy). IMO this possibly could be part of TMH's "reasoning"(tho IMO seems to be questionable rationale at the least)but could have quite possibly been part of her revision of including Kyron.. But I think(&of course this is IMO and that is what we are doing here in"working theories" is speculating&giving our opinions)I think that her resentment/anger at Kaine(whether for a legit reason or out of severely deluded and distorted thoughts I don't know)but I think that TMH blamed, resented, and was angry at the fact that her teenaged son very recently(within past 6or so mos.[which look at the "for hire"scheme timeline they could easily coincide with one another])NO LONGER RESIDING WITH THEM in their North Portland home. I, as I've seen others have also seen it possibly REVENGE, "see how it feels"(of course quite obviously to an extreme of tit for tat) but I don't think we are dealing with someone that is in the right mind, healthy mind, however you want to phrase it, mentally sick, perhaps. I think that these reasons combined with anger/hurt of his possible infidelity and her already unhealthy mental state created the perfect storm and final snap that led her to revise her scheme. I quite possibly believe that in her revision she possibly saw it as to kill two birds with one stone. By getting rid of Kyron possibly in her mind was more punishment than death to Kaine(as in he'd suffer more not thru his death, but thru having to live thru the death of his son)... I am not sure as to which she was determined to put the plan into action with(and she possibly didnt know either, just had decided that Kyrons "disappearance" took precedence for whatever of those reasons)... ALL of that said is all in reference to the premeditation and also possible motives.
... BUT BACK TO DISAPPEARANCE OF KYRON and the thought that it was ALL PLANNED OUT. With TMH being a huge fan of crime shows(by her own admission CSI)we know they show LE using such technology as cell phone pings to track/trace a perps movements therefore leading LE to their guilty man. That said, she would have CERTAINLY known for a fact that her movements of that day would be so very easily tracked/traced by her cell phone.(I am not an avid watcher of the crime shows and know this to be a fact).. So, in her planning of Kyron's abduction(perhaps murder) her knowledge of this cell phone fact she could have decided to use to her benefit.. Let me explain.. What if she infact WANTED her movements thru out the day of June 4th to be traced/tracked to Sauvie Island. When infact she was no where near Sauvie Island on this day(except for dropping off phone/picking up phone from SI). Lets say she dropped the phone off on SI sometime that morning(this could be why LE says her cell phone pings don't mesh with her timeline of being at the school)because according to the cell phone pings she was already on SI and according to the pings she stayed on SI for several hours. When infact she had just taken her phone to SI(couldve been anywhere on that island, even just placed quickly off the side of the road in a ditch and later returned to retrieve it from that ditch)AFTER she had taken Kyron to an all together COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, NOWHERE NEAR NEAR SI where her cell phone pings would show her being at (when instead she went an entirely different route and direction with Kyron)... Therefore there would be no trace/track of her movements that day(atleast not thru the technology of the cell phone)it would appear that she was at SI for several hours that day when infact the cell phone was strategically placed on SI, she left without the phone and went on with her nefarious plans for Kyron and then only when COMPLETELY DONE with all that plan entailed did she return to SI to retrieve the strategically placed phone, which would then appear(by the cell pings)that she was JUST THEN leaving SI...So, if she was a fan of all the true crime and it would seem that there has been perhaps months of planning(i.e. murder for hire, then revised to get rid of Kyron first for whatever reasons, some I explained above).. It would certainly seem plausible (IMO) that she would use some knowledge of how technology "catches the perps" she instead use it to her advantage to "outsmart the cops"(and I've heard this mentioned several times does TMH think she can outsmart LE? my answer is yes(IMO) I think she certainly thinks she can outsmart and outwit these cops, I think she tried to think "steps ahead of them") I just hope for little Kyron's sake that LE is/has been onto her [IMO] long planned disappearance and/or murder of her innocent little step son...

This is a good theory except for one thing: If she left the phone on SI because she wanted everyone to believe she was on SI while dumping a body someplace else, why lie about it? She could simply tell LE, "Yes, I was on SI buying berries to make jam." They never find a body on SI because only her phone was there. She has the perfect alibi when a body shows up at *advertiser censored* 30 miles away.

It started out as pure hate for Kaine. But by her 40th birthday in March 2010, having failed to have her husband killed,TH reflected that she could be left impoverished if she and Kaine split. She knew her prospects of getting a teaching job were zero in this economy. Feeling ultra-low that month, she even let Kaine get away with offloading her eldest son to Roseburg

While spilling her guts to a close friend who lived close-by to the Hormans, the friend countered with her own set of problems. The friend, who was also past her prime, desperately needed money to save her own home/business etc.

The two women drew strength from each other and planned the abduction and the steps and pings they would subsequently take to throw police off.

The co-conspirator would not look out of place at Skyline Elementary and is someone very well known to Kyron.

They figured the crime would ultimately yield cash thru lawsuits against the school and other promotional opportunities that in this digital age go with the media circus.

Seemed like "a good idea at the time"...defenseless victim...deep pocket School District...lots of media attention to meet their Drama Queen needs...get revenge on Kaine. Timing was good...Science Fair would create smoke. In any case, school would be out for Summer within days which would put the plan on hold for another 3 months and the co-conspirator needed cash quickly.

At the time she committed the crime, TH had abandoned her plan to take out Kaine...figuring she would hurt him more by going after his son. Evil.

The co-conspirator helped secure Kyron's removal from the school area and handed him off to a male third party, likely a family member of the co-conspirator, who took him to a holding spot outside Portland. Ultimately Kyron was taken to a longer term holding place.

I pray that he's still alive and at this point there is no reason to believe he's not.

Snipped by me.

It started out as pure hate for Kaine. But by her 40th birthday in March 2010, having failed to have her husband killed,TH reflected that she could be left impoverished if she and Kaine split. ..... Timing was good...Science Fair would create smoke. In any case, school would be out for Summer within days which would put the plan on hold for another 3 months and the co-conspirator needed cash quickly.

I pray that he's still alive and at this point there is no reason to believe he's not.

But, where is the fast cash coming from, for either of them until and if the new lawyer gets some for pics or whatever? Lawsuits can take years. She waited until it had been a month to get a lawyer, who may or may not be getting any money, but it will be to pay him, maybe?

Interesting theory though.

This is a good theory except for one thing: If she left the phone on SI because she wanted everyone to believe she was on SI while dumping a body someplace else, why lie about it? She could simply tell LE, "Yes, I was on SI buying berries to make jam." They never find a body on SI because only her phone was there. She has the perfect alibi when a body shows up at *advertiser censored* 30 miles away.
Actually I never said she lied about it or that she went with the SI alibi... I did indeed think of these possibilities, tho and maybe she did try to go with that she was there, but because it didn't mesh with timeline at school(verified by ppl such as Zimmerman)only led to more questions from LE.... Remember we don't know what Terri's alibi was for the time frame, only that its not seeming to add up, therefore its quite possible that she indeed is saying, as you said, "she was on SI buying berries to make jam"... We have no way of knowing whether she went with this as her alibi or not... But my theory if it happened to be close to the truth of this matter, then that point does not matter because
Either way she succeeded in throwing LE(even if temporarily) off of the real trail leading to Kyron.

Snipped by me.

But, where is the fast cash coming from, for either of them until and if the new lawyer gets some for pics or whatever? Lawsuits can take years. She waited until it had been a month to get a lawyer, who may or may not be getting any money, but it will be to pay him, maybe?

Interesting theory though.

The McCann case out of the UK/Portugal wrote the book on raising money from missing children...generating a couple of million USD in the first few months and even more in subsequent months.

The McCann case out of the UK/Portugal wrote the book on raising money from missing children...generating a couple of million USD in the first few months and even more in subsequent months.

Really, I didn't know that. I have followed the case somewhat, but not closely. So the idea being you could raise enough to pay the lawyer and have more and have it fast. Not to have to wait for lawsuits?

Because I agree with you, she was about to need money in a big, big way. If she was willing to make the man that adopted her older son pay support when the bio dad didn't, even though he never saw the son, she will go to lengths to get money that doesn't involve working, clearly.

Thanks for the info on the McCann case, I will check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow