1564 users online (367 members and 1197 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WI - East Troy, Male Skeletal 1552UMWI, 20-35, in cornfield, unusual shoes, Oct'79

Haven't seen this case posted here; mentioned in a few threads...but never looked into. He wore "unusual shoes" and photos are available on the Doe link. I'm still relatively "new" and am curious why this case hasn't been submitted to NCIC?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1552umwi.html

Unidentified Male

* Located on October 11, 1979 in East Troy in Walworth County, Wisconsin.
    * The victim had been shot with a 12 gauge shotgun.
    * Estimated Date of Death: June 30, 1979

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: Over the age of 20 years old (dob. 1947-1957)
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"-5'7"; 135-150 lbs.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: He was of unspecified race, but has been ruled to not be Black. Black hair.
    * Clothing: The only identifying objects found with the body were a pair of shoes of unusual design.

Case History
    The victim's skeletal remains were located in a corn field near the Village of East Troy in Walworth County, Wisconsin. The remains were badly decomposed and have not been identified.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-23-2013 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by masnitram View Post
    I'm still relatively "new" and am curious why this case hasn't been submitted to NCIC?
    I've run across quite a few cases where there aren't NCIC numbers. I guess back in 1979, things weren't as organized as they are now. And they still aren't as well organized as they should be.

It shouldn't be hard to narrow your list down, given the dark complexion and unusual facial shape.

I'm trying to decide what his ethnicity is - Native American? - East Indian?

East Troy is just over the Racine County line in Walworth County. The issue I'm having is that he was shot and killed in the summer of 1979 and not discovered until October of 1979. If the field was actually growing "corn"; when he was shot you'd think that sometime before the harvest the field would have been tended to. I grew up in Racine County right next to a very large farm. No matter the crop the migrant workers tended to the field quite regularly. It doesn't mention anything about if he appeared to have died there or was placed there after death. As far as race, I don't know when it became commonplace for Wisconsin farmers to move away from local kids to using migrant workers (usually Hispanic) however I would assume it was around the mid-late 70's...I know my parents and some of my older cousins (will say those 45+ now) worked on local farms in their youths. I however (age 33) don't know anyone around my age who ever did the same.
    Last edited by masnitram; 07-06-2010 at 10:44 AM. Reason: clarification

Exclamation

According to the Doe Network, the UID has been identified. It doesn't give a name however.....but thankfully the nearly 31-yr old mystery is over.

An unidentified male located in Wisconsin (208UMWI)
    has been identified

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/identified11.html

Oddly he has disappeared from the DoeNetwork site entirely, both from the unidentified and the identified sections. I've emailed Helene at the DoeNetwork to see what's up. He is still listed on the Wisconsin Gov't site as missing/unidentified...I've emailed them as well to see if he HAS been ID'D or not...

http://www.missingpersons.doj.wi.gov...fied/index.asp
    Last edited by masnitram; 10-21-2010 at 06:42 PM.

He has NOT been identified. Here is an email from Judy Rother...

"Mr. Martin,

I am the Area Director of Wisconsin, for the Doe Network. Helene has passed your email onto me and I looked into the case. This case was was mistakenly identified as recovered by the LE. The case was resubmitted to the Doe site earlier this month and is in the process of being added.

If you want I can scan and email you a copy of the posting? (I make copies of all my cases.)

Thank you for caring! Let me know if you would like a copy of the case posting.

Respectfully,
    Judy Rother
    Cannon Falls, MN

Area Director of South Carolina/South Dakota/Wisconsin
    Media Rep - South Carolina/South Dakota
    Researcher - South Carolina & South Dakota/Wisconsin
    www.doenetwork.org
    www.nampn.org
    https://www.findthemissing.org/ (NamUs)

"Until one has truly loved an animal, a part of their soul remains unawakened". "

This John Doe has been put back into DoeNet, and has a new DoeNet ID

The Doe Network:
    Case File 1552UMWI
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1552umwi.html

Reconstruction of Victim

* The victim was discovered on October 11, 1979 in East Troy, Walworth County, Wisconsin
    * Estimated Date of Death: June 30, 1979
    * Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: Over 20 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4-5'7"; 135-150 lbs.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Unspecified race, but has been ruled not to be Black. Black hair.

Victim's Shoes

Case History
    The victim’s skeletal remains were located in a corn field near the Village of East Troy in Walworth County, Wisconsin.
    The remains were badly decomposed and have not been identified.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-09-2012 at 07:59 PM.

What skinny shoes those are. They'd be a slim fit even for a woman's foot. I don't know much about racial and national differences in foot width other than that shoemakers in continental Europe tend to make slimmer shoes than those in Britain, USA, Australia etc.

The shoes

The shoes may be a clue in the disappearance of John Koziatek of Cincinnati, OH, missing on July 29, 1979.

A housemate of John's reported to family that the John disappeared with "my shoes", and had the nerve to take money from John's dad afterwards for the shoes. What was that about?

The reconstruction looks alot like the Koz.

Quote Originally Posted by roman View Post
    The shoes may be a clue in the disappearance of John Koziatek of Cincinnati, OH, missing on July 29, 1979.

A housemate of John's reported to family that the John disappeared with "my shoes", and had the nerve to take money from John's dad afterwards for the shoes. What was that about?

The reconstruction looks alot like the Koz.
    Are there any photos of the shoes that he disappeared with? Or are there any reasons for John to be in Wisconsin? The area the UID was found was fairly remote in the late 70's/early 80's. If John were there I wouldn't think it would be by accident, he'd have to have some ties. Western Racine County is still a major farming region but has grown significantly since that time with lot of farmland being subsidized for housing. John would have to have fairly strong ties to East Troy, Waterford, Burlington, etc for example. The only "touristy" thing I can think of is Alpine Valley which is a ski resort in the winter and a concert venue the rest of the year.

Alpine Valley

Were there any concerts at Alpine Valley July 29 or a little after there in 1979?

That might be a reason for John to be there.

I don't know about shoes he had on but that he had a housemates shoes, he liked to walk and climb. What type of shoes are those with the odd heels.

Here is John Koziatek's charley profile http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...atek_john.html

Were there any concerts at Alpine Valley July 29 or a little after there in 1979?

I don't know about shoes he had on but that he had a housemates shoes, he liked to walk and climb. What type of shoes are those with the odd heels.
    BBM--

This was my first thought too. Alpine Valley is a REALLY awesome venue and people are known to travel from all of the country to see shows there.

There is limited physical information about Mr. Koziatek. Do you remember or know his height and weight etc...? I'm not sure what those shoes are honestly...

From a quick search I found a few listings.

The Doobie Brothers- July 20th
    Blue Oyster Cult- July 29th

From http://www.classic-rock-concerts.com/cities/309 I found the following listings:

1979 Jul 2 Kansas, Alpine Valley Music Theatre
    1979 Jul 2 Climax Blues Band, Alpine Valley Music Theatre
    1979 Jul 3 Kansas, Alpine Valley Music Theatre
    1979 Jul 3 Climax Blues Band, Alpine Valley Music Theatre
    1979 Jul 7 James Taylor, Alpine Valley Music Theatre
    1979 Aug 18 The Allman Brothers Band, Alpine Valley Music Theatre
    1979 Sep 8 Rush, Alpine Valley Music Theatre

John Koziatek

Thank you all for your help. I am staying focused on the post for John Koziatek, who meets the description of this body and matches same timeframe. I look forward to your thoughts with John's people. Much appreciated

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast