Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cindy Anthony subpoenaed to appear in court

Hybrid View

Cindy Anthony subpoenaed to appear in court

See, the problem is that God gave man a brain and a p*nis
    and only enough blood to run one of them at a time..

That is gonna be a train wreck.................
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

FINALLY!!!!!!

Do have to say the 15th is getting a little more interesting!!!!!
    jmo

The hearing is set for the same date CA learned of Caylee's disappearance, July 15th. She has been trying to down play those calls but it is true excited utterance since she had just learned through LA, that Inmate Anthony admits she hasn't seen Caylee in 30 days...I truly hope CA tells it true!

Justice for Caylee

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
    The hearing is set for the same date CA learned of Caylee's disappearance, July 15th. She has been trying to down play those calls but it is true excited utterance since she had just learned through LA, that Inmate Anthony admits she hasn't seen Caylee in 30 days...I truly hope CA tells it true!

Justice for Caylee
    Was it ever determined that she was given that immunity thing? If she goes into some of the various "mis-truths" while on the stand can they get her for contempt?????
    jmo

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to zoey For This Useful Post:

Lee too !!!!!

Lee ordered to testify at hearing

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...t-hearing.html
    See, the problem is that God gave man a brain and a p*nis
    and only enough blood to run one of them at a time..

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post

Justice for Caylee
    total karma with it being the anniversery.

sadly i dont see her approaching the truth at all

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    total karma with it being the anniversery.

sadly i dont see her approaching the truth at all
    I honestly believe she doesn't know what the truth really is anymore.
    Buttons updated 08-13-2014

Thinking of Sue

Thanks Steadfast for the spinning Buffalo Bills Emu

Made by HD ----->

Warning: Some buttons may be offensive!
    BAD WORDS AND OFFENSIVE MATERIAL, BRIEF NUDITY
    AND STUFF LIKE THAT THERE!!

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    That is gonna be a train wreck.................
    God I feel so evil but LMAO ITA haha.. man this is gonna be good! This is gonna be the first hearing I'm planning on watching live!

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:

All I have to say is....

Can it be the 15th already? I can't wait for this hearing!!!!

They both better review their testimonies from previous statements made under oath otherwise they could be subject to perjury. That is why my mom always said liars need good memories! She was a very smart and honest lady God rest her soul.

Oh I cannot wait to watch the family dynamics with two of them going on the stand and Casey watching....I seriously cannot wait for this....I'm hoping Cindy starts telling the prosecutor why the 911 can't be admitted, or even better HHJP...please Cindy start telling everyone else how to do their job! I'm also hoping she comes up with some brand new twist on the story. Oh the lies....give me more of your ridiculous lies! Any chance she'll go off the rails and get hauled off in contempt of court? No, no...that would be too good to be true.

Wow, and I used to have sympathy for the woman...guess that's gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    Oh I cannot wait to watch the family dynamics with two of them going on the stand and Casey watching....I seriously cannot wait for this....I'm hoping Cindy starts telling the prosecutor why the 911 can't be admitted, or even better HHJP...please Cindy start telling everyone else how to do their job! I'm also hoping she comes up with some brand new twist on the story. Oh the lies....give me more of your ridiculous lies! Any chance she'll go off the rails and get hauled off in contempt of court? No, no...that would be too good to be true.

Wow, and I used to have sympathy for the woman...guess that's gone!
    LMAO, I think I love you!!

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lanie For This Useful Post:

oh i get the feeling this judge won't take any bs from them.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Oh please let her bring that nasty, hateful attitude with her, please let her defiant, cockiness permeate the courtroom, let her smack her gum and get bug-eyed, let her be everything she was for Morgan and more....please, please, please! I long to see this woman put squarely in her place and I can think of no one better to put her there than HHJP.

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    Oh please let her bring that nasty, hateful attitude with her, please let her defiant, cockiness permeate the courtroom, let her smack her gum and get bug-eyed, let her be everything she was for Morgan and more....please, please, please! I long to see this woman put squarely in her place and I can think of no one better to put her there than HHJP.
    we really don't ask for much do we???????
    jmo

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    I wonder if Lee and Cindy will be able to be present in the courtroom while the other is testifying?

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

23. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by essies View Post
    I wonder if Lee and Cindy will be able to be present in the courtroom while the other is testifying?
    I understood Hal, answered that question on his blog an he said 'NO" ..like they make most witnesses stay outside til called..This is when they will screw up their answers, not knowing what the other one said...Can hardly wait..Bring on the Judge, he will slap some sense into them..
    IMO

"May you always have LOVE to share,health to spare,and Friends that care."

25. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to shotzie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shotzie View Post
    I understood Hal, answered that question on his blog an he said 'NO" ..like they make most witnesses stay outside til called..This is when they will screw up their answers, not knowing what the other one said...Can hardly wait..Bring on the Judge, he will slap some sense into them..
    It will be interesting to see if LA stays after his testimony or skips right out.

27. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    It will be interesting to see if LA stays after his testimony or skips right out.
    again I wonder if ga will be there to support la??????
    jmo

29. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to zoey For This Useful Post:

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Well, hopefully, the SA won't allow Lee to leave just in case he needs to be re-questioned after Cindy's testimony!! Oh my, the scenarios that are playing in my head right now!!

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:

JSR is offline Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -Arthur Miller
    Quote Originally Posted by shotzie View Post
    No you can bet they will collaborate before that hearing to make sure their stories match exactly.
    Indeed the Irony IS Rich

Jodi Arias- "Quick on the slime, Slow on the facts"- From Juan's Closing Argument

"The difference between a stumbling block and stepping stone is the character of the person walking the path."- Travis Victor Alexander

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JSR For This Useful Post:

I'll try to answer a few questions and hopefully AZ will get a chance to drop by to expound.

Quote Originally Posted by zoey View Post
    Was it ever determined that she was given that immunity thing? If she goes into some of the various "mis-truths" while on the stand can they get her for contempt?????
    "Use immunity" does not protect a witness from perjury. However, if one of them absolutely refuses to answer a question after the judge has ordered them to, they can be held in contempt.

Quote Originally Posted by diz39 View Post
    OK, I may be the only dumb one here ( I lurk more than I opine) but what happens if Cindy or Lee get on the stand and really show their arse, a la Morgan depo. Do they declare them hostile witnesses? What is the implication of that?
    Or if they tell LIES in direct conflict with previous statements, does the judge hold them in contempt?
    Diz
    *snipped*

Well, they are both probably already hostile witnesses considering neither one of them wants to be there to answer the SA's questions. If they attempt to tell the SA what is "relevant" and dodge the question posed to them, HHJP will order them to answer it.

If they say anything in direct conflict with their prior statements/depos taken while under oath, LDB will drag out their statement or depo and read them the portion that is in conflict, thereby impeaching them. (LDB's motion cited several portions of their depos/statements that she finds relevant to the motion)

Quote Originally Posted by essies View Post
    I know during the trial they would NOT be allowed to. I am assuming the same rule will apply at this hearing.

To clarify - the one who testifies first would be allowed to hear the second witness' testimony, UNLESS there is reason to think the first witness would need to be re-called to the stand
    Last edited by beach; 07-06-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: add thought
    Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

diz39 is offline This piggy went "Weeeee!" all the way home!
    Quote Originally Posted by beach2yall View Post
    I'll try to answer a few questions and hopefully AZ will get a chance to drop by to expound.

"Use immunity" does not protect a witness from perjury.

*snipped*

Well, they are both probably already hostile witnesses considering neither one of them wants to be there to answer the SA's questions. If they attempt to tell the SA what is "relevant" and dodge the question posed to them, HHJP will order them to answer it.

If they say anything in direct conflict with their prior statements/depos taken while under oath, LDB will drag out their statement or depo and read them the portion that is in conflict, thereby impeaching them. (LDB's motion cited several portions of their depos/statements that she finds relevant to the motion)

I know during the trial they would NOT be allowed to. I am assuming the same rule will apply at this hearing.

To clarify - the one who testifies first would be allowed to hear the second witness' testimony, UNLESS there is reason to think the first witness would need to be re-called to the stand
    Thank you for your answers! If I can ask a followup: what is the implication of being a hostile witness?
    Also, if LDB impeaches their credibility due to conflicting statements, is there any legal repercussion for them? TIA!
    Diz
    Why is it that I feel the need to keep my tin foil beanie on at all times these days? Am I the crazy one? Or the normal one?

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to diz39 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by diz39 View Post
    Thank you for your answers! If I can ask a followup: what is the implication of being a hostile witness?
    Also, if LDB impeaches their credibility due to conflicting statements, is there any legal repercussion for them? TIA!
    When one is declared a "hostile witness" by the judge, it allows the SA to ask more 'leading' questions. I have a few more thoughts but I am not 100% positive of them, so I'm gonna stop there and let AZ take over.

In re. the conflicting statements - it is going to be BAD for the defense if they are impeached. It would not surprise me to see CA perjure herself (mainly because she doesn't know when to hush). However, I would faint if it got so bad that she was formally charged with perjury.
    Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast