Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Cindy Anthony subpoenaed to appear in court

Quote Originally Posted by beach2yall View Post
    The hearing is set to cover both the admissibility of the 911 calls AND the motion to reconsider the TES ruling previously denied by Judge Strickland.
    Which is why all of us want it to be Thursday already. I mean, can you imagine it? Cindy and Lee on the stand? MN wiping the floor with the defense for the umpteenth time? It's going to be so awesome it should be on pay per view. I know I'd gladly pay to watch this hearing of the century!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    Which is why all of us want it to be Thursday already. I mean, can you imagine it? Cindy and Lee on the stand? MN wiping the floor with the defense for the umpteenth time? It's going to be so awesome it should be on pay per view. I know I'd gladly pay to watch this hearing of the century!
    It is a bit sad that I went to the store today and bought ingredients for a crock pot dinner on Thursday. lol
    Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joypath View Post
    Okay, I CAN'T let this post go unanswered on so many levels.
    Cindy Anthony's experience as WHAT...the wife of a member of LE? Speaking as one such creature (mine is retired State homicide, highly decorated), extrapolating FACTS aka "Anthony mistruths" to "only apply pressure to get them to respond" to ANY division of LE is dancing on the edge of, if not falling into, illegal behavior, providing a false police report or as ICA is well aware, lying to LEO! Guess she never helped him study for promotional exams, you DO learn so much!
    Now, if you're talking about CA's wifely experience vs actions toward HER husband, the "only apply pressure to get them to respond" just MIGHT be the only tool in her toolshed but not a universal axiom!
    IF she makes the inane statement UNDER OATH that she was using the odor of a corpse to emphasize a need to Code 3, there will be some explaining to follow that better sound more rational than "hurry because I smell icky stuff" vs "hey you guys & gals with families and committed by oath to protect and serve, there's a missing, possibly kidnapped innocent almost 3 year old child in imminent danger"
    Heck NO! Just 'cause CA says something, that isn't the end of it!

The jury should find CA very believable as a very upset, spontaneous utterer of the truth during that 911 call and may sit with mouths collectively catching flies as CA attempts to modify her extemporaneous 911 call with semi-scripted courtroom banter.
    I just speak from experience in my own life. That may come from being on the lower end of the income scale not sure. In my experience, police respond quicker when they are under pressure of some sort. It needs to be urgent and not some stolen car that happens to be in their own garage. I think she also said my daughter was missing and I just found her. These are not emergencies and no pressure to respond quickly. Now if you say your granddaughter is missing and it smells like there's been a dead body in the car, that will raise an eyebrow and get a response. Most people who have experienced any use of the police understand this. It must be urgent to get a quick response. This is nothing new to Ca. She knew this. all my opinion

6. The Following User Says Thank You to notthatsmart For This Useful Post:

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by notthatsmart View Post
    I just speak from experience in my own life. That may come from being on the lower end of the income scale not sure. In my experience, police respond quicker when they are under pressure of some sort. It needs to be urgent and not some stolen car that happens to be in their own garage. I think she also said my daughter was missing and I just found her. These are not emergencies and no pressure to respond quickly. Now if you say your granddaughter is missing and it smells like there's been a dead body in the car, that will raise an eyebrow and get a response. Most people who have experienced any use of the police understand this. It must be urgent to get a quick response. This is nothing new to Ca. She knew this. all my opinion
    And risk getting charged with filing a false police report if it's NOT true??? Cindy wanted Casey arrested for Grand Theft Auto. Then it dawned on her that Caylee was still gone for 31 days and Casey wasn't allowing her to see/talk to her (we now know that wasn't possible, so Casey had to concoct a lie at that point- which turned out to be invisinannny, only she fingered ZF-G to the police). Cindy was definitely hysterical when she put two and two together and realized the car smelled like a dead body and... Caylee was nowhere to be found. This clearly was an excited utterance by the 3rd 911 call, not just a ruse to get the police there quicker!
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pattymarie View Post
    Thanks for posting these....to watch these again after all this time...just reiterates to me the shock of the extent of the lies. In video #2 as CA was hearing about all of KC's lies and made-up people...there was not reaction from her. Nothing...no horror, no indignation, ...not even denial. She had not even an emotional reaction whatsoever. This is one mom who knows her daughter is a pathological liar.

If someone had hard copy evidence of preposterous lies that one of my children told...making up people and making up a job...and I never knew about and was just confronted about for the first time ever...I would scream, cry and throw up...not just at the shock and extent of the lies...but because, in that instant I would know that she was the killer.

She knows now and always knew that KC killed Caylee.
    I so agree with all that you wrote ~
    Like you, if someone was sitting across the table from me, and crossing off each lie that had been told to me for a month {or more}, it would be like a kick in the gut to me.

Hard enough to double me over and make me physically ill at the thoughts that would be racing through my head ~
    I would be crying and screaming, for someone, anyone, to do SOMETHING.

I would have a "Casey Moment" ~ "Make them STOP".

I would also know that something terrible, terrible was wrong, and that life would never be the same.

I could not sit there and chomp on gum and, tap the table, look at my "notes", and, go off in another direction the way that CA does.

Never.

Yes, she KNEW that Caylee was gone, and was never coming back ~ As both of them {GA & CA} told reporters one day on their way to either see KC, or perhaps for an interview, "We've already LOST one child, we CANNOT LOOSE another.
    Trueth be known, CA knew on July 3rd when she wrote her sobbing, and, "gonna get ya Casey" note on FaceBook.

Here's a cliff note for ya CA, "ya "lost KC a LONG time ago, LONG before you LOST Caylee". And, it was in YOUR HANDS to have been possibly been able to SAVE her, or at the very least help her.
    But, maybe the medical deductable was not worth it to you, or, your pride in keeping all the dirty laundry at home is the reason.....

And, Caylee was not lost ~ She was killed.
    And, she could have been saved, too.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Purple Iris For This Useful Post:

BTW, sort of off topic but I've been thinking about it while reading this thread. I doubt KC knew that when she said Caylee had been kidnapped that it would then start to involve the FBI.

Also, I think it's time to stop referring to KC as ICA. On Thursday that might stop being a differentiating factor between Cindy and KC. JMO
    Buttons updated 07/22/2014-2014

Thinking of Sue

Thanks Steadfast for the spinning Buffalo Bills Emu

Made by HD ----->

Warning: Some buttons may be offensive!
    BAD WORDS AND OFFENSIVE MATERIAL
    AND STUFF LIKE THAT THERE!!

12. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    BTW, sort of off topic but I've been thinking about it while reading this thread. I doubt KC knew that when she said Caylee had been kidnapped that it would then start to involve the FBI.

Also, I think it's time to stop referring to KC as ICA. On Thursday that might stop being a differentiating factor between Cindy and KC. JMO
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

As in "two for one" strike of a keystroke ....... birds of a feather, flock together ....... naw, ICA and IKC is what I like. Emphasis on the double I's or we could use ICA for KC and Ica for CA. Kinda/sorta takes CA down a level using lower case letters.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to countzero For This Useful Post:

I don't believe that Casey thought that her mother was REALLY on the phone to the law when they were in the car ~

Cindy probably threatened Casey all the time with calling the police on her for one thing or another, and, she never followed through with it.

When Casey told Cindy that Caylee had been "kidnapped", and had been gone for a month, she probably figured that she could talk her mother out of calling the police, and, to go into "cohoots" with her and let her join the private investigation that she claims she had been doing for a month ~
    And, Cindy is just as twisted and devious as her daughter, and, she probably thought that she COULD have managed the job.

But, with Lee showing up, it put a twist in their skirts and put them both on the spot to do something ~ IMO.

I have long maintained that had the police never been called, that Caylee would have "gone to summer with her new-found grandparents for bonding", and come fall, it would have extended, and that would have been the end of it.
    Cindy would tell all that Casey was enrolled in college, was spreading her wings, was doing great and marvalous things, and, "Oh, you just missed Caylee, we had her over the weekend unexpectedly". Damn the luck.....will be sure to let you know the next time we have her, she's getting so big~!!

18. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Purple Iris For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beach2yall View Post
    It is a bit sad that I went to the store today and bought ingredients for a crock pot dinner on Thursday. lol

YUM!!!!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Whome? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    "I'm here for Caylee."
    Wow! That simple, but beautiful statement just teared me up. The thought of someone sitting in that courtroom and letting them know that Caylee had someone there just for her. A stranger, no less, standing there for her, as her own flesh and blood try to help free the person who killed her, who also happens to be her flesh and blood. Powerful!

It Was Ancient Aliens!

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chefmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    And risk getting charged with filing a false police report if it's NOT true??? Cindy wanted Casey arrested for Grand Theft Auto. Then it dawned on her that Caylee was still gone for 31 days and Casey wasn't allowing her to see/talk to her (we now know that wasn't possible, so Casey had to concoct a lie at that point- which turned out to be invisinannny, only she fingered ZF-G to the police). Cindy was definitely hysterical when she put two and two together and realized the car smelled like a dead body and... Caylee was nowhere to be found. This clearly was an excited utterance by the 3rd 911 call, not just a ruse to get the police there quicker!
    I respectfully disagree with most of this. Ca knew for several hours that the car smelled horrible.IMO Not an excited utterance at all in my opinion. I do not think it really matters because I believe the Judge will allow this call in no matter what.IMO That will only defer it to the jury though and put the burden on the state to prove that Ca really believed the car smelled like a dead body.IMO I do not know how they are going to do that though. If the defense is articulate enough, they will be able to get Ca's point across through questioning. IMO I think the state is only interested to show that Kc articulated this nanny story. IMO As far as I know, Kc has never changed from the Nanny has my child story.Imo I have heard variations given by others of some blanchard park theory or concept, but I don't know of Kc herself changing that story except through hearsay. IMO Even in the hearsay changed story, the Nanny still has the child. IMO Jb said that Kc has a compelling reason for her actions. We will have to wait til trial. IMO I am very interested to watch Ca on the stand. I do not believe it will be like the civil trial at all. I believe she will be very respectful and tearful. IMO

Ps: What would we expect? We intend to kill your daughter, may we ask you some questions mam? Thats a pretty tough question in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Iris View Post
    I don't believe that Casey thought that her mother was REALLY on the phone to the law when they were in the car ~

Cindy probably threatened Casey all the time with calling the police on her for one thing or another, and, she never followed through with it.

When Casey told Cindy that Caylee had been "kidnapped", and had been gone for a month, she probably figured that she could talk her mother out of calling the police, and, to go into "cohoots" with her and let her join the private investigation that she claims she had been doing for a month ~
    And, Cindy is just as twisted and devious as her daughter, and, she probably thought that she COULD have managed the job.

But, with Lee showing up, it put a twist in their skirts and put them both on the spot to do something ~ IMO.

I have long maintained that had the police never been called, that Caylee would have "gone to summer with her new-found grandparents for bonding", and come fall, it would have extended, and that would have been the end of it.
    Cindy would tell all that Casey was enrolled in college, was spreading her wings, was doing great and marvalous things, and, "Oh, you just missed Caylee, we had her over the weekend unexpectedly". Damn the luck.....will be sure to let you know the next time we have her, she's getting so big~!!

This is so sad but so true.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Whome? For This Useful Post:

I know the Caylee buttons were worn in court by the A's (disgusting as far as I am concerned), but I would ask the clerks office if wearing anything other, such as tee shirts with "I am here for Caylee" would be allowed by HHJP. Some judges are picky about this. If the court does allow I would, but also realize it opens one up to questioning as someone else pointed out earlier. As most know here, I am not opposed to stating my opinions in public.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to countzero For This Useful Post:

Arrow

I respectfully disagree with most of this. Ca knew for several hours that the car smelled horrible.IMO Not an excited utterance at all in my opinion. I do not think it really matters because I believe the Judge will allow this call in no matter what.IMO That will only defer it to the jury though and put the burden on the state to prove that Ca really believed the car smelled like a dead body.IMO I do not know how they are going to do that though. If the defense is articulate enough, they will be able to get Ca's point across through questioning. IMO I think the state is only interested to show that Kc articulated this nanny story. IMO As far as I know, Kc has never changed from the Nanny has my child story.Imo I have heard variations given by others of some blanchard park theory or concept, but I don't know of Kc herself changing that story except through hearsay. IMO Even in the hearsay changed story, the Nanny still has the child. IMO Jb said that Kc has a compelling reason for her actions. We will have to wait til trial. IMO I am very interested to watch Ca on the stand. I do not believe it will be like the civil trial at all. I believe she will be very respectful and tearful. IMO

Ps: What would we expect? We intend to kill your daughter, may we ask you some questions mam? Thats a pretty tough question in my opinion.
    Yes, Cindy did know about the smell in the car for hours, that's backed up by the depositions of her supervisor and co-workers, see the Gentiva thread. However, it didn't dawn on her until after she picked up Casey at Tony's apartment minus Caylee, that she still didn't know where Caylee was after 31 days.
    I don't think the reason for the state introducing the 911 calls matters, but it clearly shows that Casey did concoct the nanny abduction story on the spot between the pressure of Cindy's questions to her and the 911 dispatcher's questions. I think there is written proof that Casey also concocted version #2 of the nanny abduction from Jay Blanchard Park.
    Last edited by LinasK; 07-09-2010 at 10:42 PM. Reason: add bolding

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by countzero View Post
    I know the Caylee buttons were wore in court by the A's (disgusting as far as I am concerned), but I would ask the clerks office if wearing anything other, such as tee shirts with "I am here for Caylee" would be allowed by HHJP. Some judges are picky about this. If the court does allow I would, but also realize it opens one up to questioning as someone else pointed out earlier. As most know here, I am not opposed to stating my opinions in public.
    If not, then you can still wear a Caylee picture button, it will get the message across that you're there for the victim, not to support her murderer.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    If not, then you can still wear a Caylee picture button, it will get the message across that you're there for the victim, not to support her murderer.
    Or, maybe just a plain T-Shirt with no writing.

But, a picture of a microscope and ........

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Purple Iris For This Useful Post:

IMO, the real value of the 911 tapes is that it allows the jury to hear how unemotional KC was when this all went down. CA's voice is stressed, strained, frantic, and tearful. The "smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car" statement is a red herring. The gold is in KC's voice as she talks to the operator.

It Was Ancient Aliens!

35. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to chefmom For This Useful Post:

Or, maybe just a plain T-Shirt with no writing.

But, a picture of a microscope and ........
    Or a T-shirt with a sun to symbolize Caylee's sunshine?

It Was Ancient Aliens!

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chefmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chefmom View Post
    IMO, the real value of the 911 tapes is that it allows the jury to hear how unemotional KC was when this all went down. CA's voice is stressed, strained, frantic, and tearful. The "smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car" statement is a red herring. The gold is in KC's voice as she talks to the operator.
    Spot on, regarding KC's voice ~
    She still DID NOT BELIEVE that her mother was actually on the phone with 911 or ANYONE of authority.

Once she was handed the phone, and the first question from the 911 operator drew an "excuse me" from Casey. {Damn, she REALLY DID call the police - b*tch, while all the while probably looking at her fingernails and flicking imaginary flackey polish off}

She then went into her spin cycle, business as usual, as she had always performed with her mother in the past.
    No big deal ~ Things were never a big deal in Casey's eyes. Mom is gonna freak and yell and scream, stomp and maybe slam the doors, storm out and drive around for awhile.

But, Casey ran into a brick wall with the 911 operator, and the people that this phone call brought into their lives, IMO.
    The 911 operator did not react the way her Mother always did.

39. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Purple Iris For This Useful Post:

BBM

I can tell ya how they'll do it.

The only thing the State is going to HAVE to do is push 'play' on the tape recorder. CA's hysterical, fearful crying voice will speak for itself. As will Casey's non-affect, monotone voice.
    Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

41. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

Again...I say..".my grandchild has been kidnapped"...that is enough to get police out...heck...we just had a major "Adam Alert" just yesterday in our area for this very reason....to say you smell a dead body in your car as a ploy to get police out...is pretty darn specific and unusual and a little over the top....unless...it is TRUE!

43. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Pattymarie For This Useful Post:

That is specious and anecdotal. You have no way of knowing what "most people" experience when calling the police. I don't understand what this is all about but this comment is borderline offensive... The dispatcher didn't know the car was in her garage... and we know the car did in fact smell like a dead body because Lee, GA, the towtruck co. told police it did and human decomp was found in the trunk. Not pizza, human decomp. It was obviously an excited utterance you can hear the shakiness and panic in her voice and it just doesn't make sense to claim otherwise. As if a missing toddler isn't urgent?
    Justice for GEORGE!

45. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Horace Finklestein For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Horace Finklestein View Post
    So you think in Cindy's world she genuinely believed a stolen car would make the police come faster than if she reported a "kidnapped" child? I can't tell if you're serious but Cindy is obviously trying to rewrite history...
    I agree. Calling 911 is not something you think about. It's something you just do because at that moment, there is something that is an emergency that needs police attention. I seriously doubt she sat there and thought about how to get them out faster. If she wanted them there faster, she should have just begged them to get there as fast as they could. In a situation like that, there is no time to think things out and then call 911, unless you are trying covering your tracks or provide yourself with an alibi. It would be stone cold for her sit there and think, "Hmmm, what will get them here faster? Oh, I know, I'll tell them about the smell in the car and that Caylee's missing! That will do it!"

She was still processing everything that was going on. You can tell it by her voice. No way did she think about what to say and then call 911. She is foolish to think that anyone is going to believe that. It only makes her look bad and Casey look worse that she's claiming this lie is true. And why wouldn't she get into serious trouble for saying things like that to get the police out there? It insinuates that what she said wasn't true and she was lying to get them to her house. Usually, people are arrested for lying to the police like that.

And sadly, it won't help anyway. The state wants these calls in for what they say about Casey, not anything to do with what Cindy did or didn't do.

47. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

She changed the story completely in her rule-violating letter to muffin or cookie or whichever one she wrote to. Lee and Leonard P. substantiated that she changed her story to the J Blanchard park kidnapping nonsense story as well.
    Justice for GEORGE!

49. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Horace Finklestein For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast