Tammi Peters Smith - Criminal history, records, etc

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
I realized we don't have a thread for Tammi Smith's criminal history. I thought it would be helpful to pull it all into one place for quick and easy reference. This is not just a reference/list thread - it's also for discussion of Tammi's criminal history, so feel free to discuss!

How does Tammi's past criminal history and those charges relate to her criminal activity in Gabe's case?

Did Tammi Smith use her past criminal experience in this case? Such as the forgery she was charged with?

Why didn't Tammi Smith learn from her past criminal charges, but continue her criminal career? Were the sentences for her past charges not stiff enough?

Is Tammi Smith's criminal background the reason she couldn't adopt a baby legally, but was, for example, stalking the airport for vulnerable young girls with babies she could try to take illegally, such as she did with Elizabeth?

Will Tammi's past criminal charges be brought up in her trial in Gabe's case?

Thanks,
BeanE

Here are some of Tammi Smith's past criminal history and prior bad acts I posted a while back in a different thread. Bringing them over here for reference and discussion.

Troubled pasts of women in 'Baby Gabriel’ case
March 5, 2010 - 8:36PM

For eight weeks, the Tribune has combed through police reports and court records from numerous jurisdictions across the country

snip - Smith once worked as an exotic dancer in New Orleans, aspired to be a country music singer pursuing fortune and fame in Nashville, Tenn., and at one time was married to two men at the same time, according to police reports and court records.

In 2001, she paid to give her three children up for adoption to her ex-husband and his wife after a costly 2½-year custody battle, according to Smith and the second of her five husbands, Kieth Facio.

snip - Smith is facing charges of forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference and is free on $15,000 bond. Smith and her husband, Jack, who were interested in adopting Gabriel, were named by Tempe police as persons of interest in the case because authorities believed the Smiths withheld information that could have led to the whereabouts of the boy.

snip - Investigators said it was Tammi Smith’s “desperate attempts” to adopt the child that hindered the investigation. Police allege that the Smiths had a plan in place to adopt Gabriel or were developing a plan to somehow pick up the child in Nashville, Tenn.

snip - Smith also wrote the name of her first cousin, an ex-convict named Craig Cherry, as being a potential father to Gabriel on a paternity-test petition before she drove Johnson to the courthouse, according to court documents, which lead to the forgery charge against her.

In late 1996, Smith was arrested in another forgery case — for stealing checks from Facio and signing his name to them, according to St. Bernard Parish District Court documents in Louisiana. Smith was not authorized because her spending habits had put the family in financial straits before, according to a police report. The charges against Smith were later reduced to attempted theft, misdemeanors, and she was ordered to repay Facio $1,149 in restitution, according to court records.

snip - When Smith married Riddle, she became married to two men at the same time — Mikel Sikora of Phoenix was the other, according to court records.

snip - Smith, who said she could not track down Riddle, had the marriage annulled in Maricopa County Superior Court in 2001, according to court records.

snip - During 2006 and 2007, Smith operated a colon-cleansing business in Nashville for 15 months without a license before the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners ordered her to close and fined her

snip - “She neglected us,” Gabriele Facio said. “She took us, sorta kidnapped us, right before I turned 6. After that, my dad had enough and divorced her. She wanted money and fame. She didn’t like working or taking care of children. It was never her thing. She wanted to make an album, be a country singer. That’s when she met Jack and left her guy.

“In the end, it was us or him. She chose him.”

snip - “I remember being mom,” she said. “I helped my dad raise my brother and sister. I cared for them even when Tammi was around. She neglected us, didn’t always feed us, didn’t always change diapers. She spanked us for crying or doing something little. We were children.”

Smith does not express any regrets for giving up the rights to her children

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/151556

I think most upstanding adoption agencies do such a thorough background check that nobody in their right mind would allow her to adopt. What does it say that she would sign over her biological children? How could she be trusted to not do the same with an adoptive child once she tired of them? I think her criminal background has EVERYTHING to do with this current case. Past behavior predicts future behavior. To me her background and how she has handled herself in this case shows me a very manipulative, mean, underhanded person who would go by any means necessary to get what she wants. Who in their right mind would call a judge, forge a legal doc etc? Of course the key words are "right mind". Just sayin. I could go on and on but it only makes me angry. There is a place for Tammi, and its much hotter than the AZ sun.

snip - When Smith married Riddle, she became married to two men at the same time — Mikel Sikora of Phoenix was the other, according to court records.

Tammi was never charged for marrying a man while married to another? I'm not finding any charges for this.

Wow!!! This is a great thread. She is a criminal in the purest sense of the word.

Wow!!! This is a great thread. She is a criminal in the purest sense of the word.

Hi Flashlight. Welcome to Websleuths. Good to have you here. :)

Yes, Tammi was indeed a criminal before she ever brought her own special brand of hell to poor little Gabe's life. It's an awful thing she did to this defenseless, innocent baby.

BeanE

Tammi was never charged for marrying a man while married to another? I'm not finding any charges for this.

Tammi says she didn't know she had actually married Mr. Riddle so I don't think she had the intent to commit a crime. The good thing is that Mr. Riddle and Mr. Sikora were both named Mike...

Tammi says she didn't know she had actually married Mr. Riddle so I don't think she had the intent to commit a crime. The good thing is that Mr. Riddle and Mr. Sikora were both named Mike...

Not knowing is never a defense to any crime. Besides how can you possibly not know you married someone?

Tammi is something else.

Not knowing is never a defense to any crime. Besides how can you possibly not know you married someone? Tammi is something else.

A night in Vegas... :angel: No I agree she had to of known she was married unless she thought the divorce was final when it wasn't or that could be her excuse anyway-still not a defense to any crime.

I realized we don't have a thread for Tammi Smith's criminal history. I thought it would be helpful to pull it all into one place for quick and easy reference. This is not just a reference/list thread - it's also for discussion of Tammi's criminal history, so feel free to discuss!

How does Tammi's past criminal history and those charges relate to her criminal activity in Gabe's case?

Did Tammi Smith use her past criminal experience in this case? Such as the forgery she was charged with?

Why didn't Tammi Smith learn from her past criminal charges, but continue her criminal career? Were the sentences for her past charges not stiff enough?

Is Tammi Smith's criminal background the reason she couldn't adopt a baby legally, but was, for example, stalking the airport for vulnerable young girls with babies she could try to take illegally, such as she did with Elizabeth?

Will Tammi's past criminal charges be brought up in her trial in Gabe's case?Thanks,
BeanE

I think they are a factor to consider before anyone gets to trial. For Tammi, the best case scenario may be a plea bargain with reduced charges and no jail time.
She'll want to be there for H. And there's that pink and white bassinet. :eek:

The prior forgery is a big problem even though the charge was reduced. Then she was just messing with her family- this time the result is a missing child and a mentally ill mom who may rot in jail or an asylum for many years.

And even though it's a little OT, her lack of remorse could have a huge impact on plea negotiations or at trial. Her lawyer is smart, but I wonder if he knows all about her pooter/troll time.

moo

I think they are a factor to consider before anyone gets to trial. For Tammi, the best case scenario may be a plea bargain with reduced charges and no jail time.
She'll want to be there for H. And there's that pink and white bassinet. :eek:

The prior forgery is a big problem even though the charge was reduced. Then she was just messing with her family- this time the result is a missing child and a mentally ill mom who may rot in jail or an asylum for many years.

And even though it's a little OT, her lack of remorse could have a huge impact on plea negotiations or at trial. Her lawyer is smart, but I wonder if he knows all about her pooter/troll time.

moo
TS

TS is a very narcissitic person who thinks that nothing she does is wrong. Somehow she can explain away everything and think that she sounds logical. But to the rest of us it just sound plain ignorant. Well at least to me it does. One thing about people like that...it all catches up in the end and they eventually slip up.:liar::liar:

TS

TS is a very narcissitic person who thinks that nothing she does is wrong. Somehow she can explain away everything and think that she sounds logical. But to the rest of us it just sound plain ignorant. Well at least to me it does. One thing about people like that...it all catches up in the end and they eventually slip up.:liar::liar:

Yep but I sure get frustrated waiting for that to happen!!:silenced:

I can't stop laughing. How in the world do you not know you married someone?

I'm not sure where to post this, but as I sit and re-read the questionnare the LE release on TPS arrest. I am really getting pizzed...that TPS's bond was not set to a point she couldn't get out. I read this, time and time again, and more is just staring at me. Top that with prior criminal record. What was the judge thinking ???? The contents of this questionnaire is just pure disgusting.

kappy it's called the upper middle class/rich white woman exemption. What pizzez me off is that she is crying poor mouth.

http://www.dcfs.louisiana.gov/index...mi&ln=facio&cn=&pn=&am_f=0&am_t=0#searchStart

Update on Tammi's failure to pay child support for her kids. I guess she's too busy with her colonics school, new Havilah clinic (gonna get an ob-gyn soon!) and some sort of alternative insurance thingy. I really think her friends and defenders should take up a collection and pay this debt cause talking about how you care for children is one thing, writing the check is something else.

Child Support Delinquent Payors
Delinquent payors are considered individuals under a legal obligation to pay child support, but who have not made a payment in the last six months.

The parents listed below have evaded all of the department's efforts to collect the court ordered obligations. The State of Louisiana is publishing this information about Noncustodial Parents who are seriously delinquent in making court-ordered child support payments. If you have any information on one of these parents, please call: 1-888-LA-HELP-U.

Past due payments were calculated as of 08/09/2011. Any or all arrearages owed may have been paid prior to or after the publication of this information.

FACIO, TAMMI F
CITY:
PARISH: ORLEANS
AMOUNT: $759.99
BIRTHDAY: 03/12/72

http://recorder.maricopa.gov/recdocdata/GetRecDataDetail.aspx?Rec=20110718548

filed 8/29/2011- IRS Lien- $56,065.09

click on the page # to see the document. On December 28, 2009, the day after Gabe went missing, Tammi and Jack were assessed another 35k on back taxes. How were they planning to support Gabriel? How is Tammi expanding her businesses (alternative insurance thingy, colonics school, Havilah -going to have an ob-gyn soon) ?

They now owe over 56k. Mindnumbing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberanalyst0303
Back