Terri's Armchair Psych Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped from above article:

" “If this is true, it gives us a pretty major insight into what kind of person she is and that she is indeed capable of doing something to Kyron,” says Pat Brown, a forensic psychologist in Washington, D.C. “Clearly, anyone who takes out a hit on their husband or wife definitely jumps into the psychopathic category.”

Martin Williams, a forensic psychologist in San Jose, Calif., also says putting a hit on someone would be a strong indicator of psychosis. "

What kind of person is Terri Moulton Horman?

See:

Attachment Theory
be sure to google responsible websites

Attachment disorder may or may not play a part in this family's psychodynamics.

Wondering if we have a toxic marriage (Terri/Kane) of two people who both have some degree of attachment disorder, (difficulty forming normal, healthy relationships and bonds) and neither aware how it affects their relationships.

http://attachment.adoption.com/
Above is just a site for laypersons to get anyone interested started.

Just throwing it out there as something to consider on this thread topic.

I don't put a lot of faith in "psychologists" who diagnose from afar. Especially based upon a story with no proof it actually happened.

(referring to those interviewed by WW)

I don't put a lot of faith in "psychologists" who diagnose from afar. Especially based upon a story with no proof it actually happened.

No charges, no court determinations, just speculation.

attachment disorder is something that I know quite a lot about.

People with RAD are not pleasant to be around. I don't think she has RAD.

Being adopted at about 8 months is not good as at 9 months ( generally speaking) infants develop "fear of strangers". Can't look that up right now.

It depends on where she was the first 8 months. During those days, generally speaking they would have a girl live in a home for unwed mothers, and then a foster family would take them until adoption.

This would normally happen at 6 weeks of age.

8 months is unusual. It sounds perhaps that it may have been abuse or neglect.

Or maybe mother died. Who knows.

Wasn't she looking for her father on the adoption site? Not her mother? That struck me as unusual.

Being adopted at about 8 months is not good as at 9 months ( generally speaking) infants develop "fear of strangers". Can't look that up right now.

It depends on where she was the first 8 months. During those days, generally speaking they would have a girl live in a home for unwed mothers, and then a foster family would take them until adoption.

Wasn't she looking for her father on the adoption site? Not her mother? That struck me as unusual.

Kaine was also adopted.

" “If this is true, it gives us a pretty major insight into what kind of person she is and that she is indeed capable of doing something to Kyron,” says Pat Brown, a forensic psychologist in Washington, D.C. “Clearly, anyone who takes out a hit on their husband or wife definitely jumps into the psychopathic category.”

Martin Williams, a forensic psychologist in San Jose, Calif., also says putting a hit on someone would be a strong indicator of psychosis. "

Kimster, I could tell you what kind of person she is but I would have to go to the basement. I'm not even sure how to find it!

If they do a Psych Analysis on Terri I feel in all fairness they need to do it on everyone concerned.

My understanding is there is a continuum of attachment disorder. Many people who have it are quite charming. It's part of NPD sometimes. IMO - actually not really my OWN opinion at all. Just been reading about it, which makes me no expert. :) I know many good WS-ers here have likely dealt with this issue IRL, (fosters, etc.) and would have far more insight than I relative to this case. Just wanted to bring it up for discussion...

forgive me if I missed it...but I have not seen anything that says TH was adopted?

Kaine was also adopted.

But in his case it's not clear afaik whether it was a *true* adoption. Based on what I read about that part of the family's relationships, it seemed to me equally or more likely that he was adopted by his mother's new husband. Totally different experience than being placed for adoption at birth by bio parents imho

Back off of Kaine's personal information please.

Find the link to TH's adoption please. :) I'm sure it is out there somewhere.

Just wanted to point out that adoption does not necessarily lead to attachment disorder, AND attachment disorder, in varying degrees, can happen with anyone - not just adoption or fostering. They say it can happen with preemies. People can have it for a long long time and don't realize it until it shows itself as adult depression/anxiety. Fascinating (albeit theoretical) stuff to chew on. IMO, but, again...only through my reading...

Just wanted to point out that adoption does not necessarily lead to attachment disorder, AND attachment disorder, in varying degrees, can happen with anyone - not just adoption or fostering. They say it can happen with preemies. People can have it for a long long time and don't realize it until it shows itself as adult depression/anxiety. Fascinating (albeit theoretical) stuff to chew on. IMO, but, again...only through my reading...

RAD is very severe. Think of the girl in California that they put into a blanket to simulate rebirth. The therapists were tried for murder when the child died. I believe that they were convicted.

I think that the continuum of attachment disorder is very interesting and something that I thought from almost the beginning.

How about "borderline personality disorder" where there is a void that can never be filled. No amount of cars, success, etc fills the void.

by his mother's new hubby. That is a bit different, but I wonder what the story is on the bio-father of Kaine.

But as neither POI or suspect, bio grandfather of Kyron (bio father of Kaine) is not to be sleuthed, correct?

But as neither POI or suspect, bio grandfather of Kyron (bio father of Kaine) is not to be sleuthed, correct?

yup, saw that after I posted and deleted my comment if you wish to delete yours. Thanks

forgive me if I missed it...but I have not seen anything that says TH was adopted?

Mods, can we post the site or not? Where the info is listed?

NG talked about it on her show. But I am referring to the actual info.

Pat Brown isn't a psychologist:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member