isn't this an oxymoron?

blueclouds

Former member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040802_1770.html

A 74-year-old death row inmate on Monday asked an appeals court to block his execution, arguing he is too old and sick to be put to death.
James Hubbard is the oldest person on Alabama's death row. Death penalty opponents have asked Gov. Bob Riley to have mercy on Hubbard, who is set to die by injection Thursday for killing a 62-year-old woman in 1977.

THIS MAKES ME FURIOUS ACTUALLY. There was a case about 3 years ago here where the JUDGE didn't sentence the man to any prison time from NUMEROUS child molester charges because he was 79. BULLCRAP.

blueclouds said:
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040802_1770.html

A 74-year-old death row inmate on Monday asked an appeals court to block his execution, arguing he is too old and sick to be put to death.
James Hubbard is the oldest person on Alabama's death row. Death penalty opponents have asked Gov. Bob Riley to have mercy on Hubbard, who is set to die by injection Thursday for killing a 62-year-old woman in 1977.

THIS MAKES ME FURIOUS ACTUALLY. There was a case about 3 years ago here where the JUDGE didn't sentence the man to any prison time from NUMEROUS child molester charges because he was 79. BULLCRAP.
Yes, unfortunately, child molesters (along with violent sexual sadists), are one of the few offenders, that do not lose interest in their criminal devianace, with age. Some child molesters offend right into their 80's.

I have heard "I'm too young to die" but never "I'm to old to die"

:waitasec:

HE should have been put to death in the 80s at the latest. He killed this woman in 1977 for crying out loud. He's been allowed to live for another 27 years! There is something seriously wrong with our system that allows people who have received the death penalty to sit around eating up all our tax money for 30 years!

Arielle said:
HE should have been put to death in the 80s at the latest. He killed this woman in 1977 for crying out loud. He's been allowed to live for another 27 years! There is something seriously wrong with our system that allows people who have received the death penalty to sit around eating up all our tax money for 30 years!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
VERY well stated!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member