Joel Brodsky Is Demanding Drew Peterson's Release From Jail!

Leila

Reaction score
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serfi][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serfi]Joel Brodsky is reportedly on his way to Joliet to demand Drew Peterson's release from jail. He's basing his demand for Peterson's release on Rule 315(a) of state rules.

3) Release of Defendant Pending Appeal. A defendant shall not be held in jail or to bail during the pendency of an appeal by the State, or of a petition or appeal by the State under Rule 315(a), unless there are compelling reasons for his continued detention or being held to bail.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]http://www.state.il.us/court/supremecourt/rules/Amend/2005/MRAmend020105.htm

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serfi][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serfi]Joel Brodsky is reportedly on his way to Joliet to demand Drew Peterson's release from jail. He's basing his demand for Peterson's release on Rule 315(a) of state rules.

3) Release of Defendant Pending Appeal. A defendant shall not be held in jail or to bail during the pendency of an appeal by the State, or of a petition or appeal by the State under Rule 315(a), unless there are compelling reasons for his continued detention or being held to bail.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]http://www.state.il.us/court/supremecourt/rules/Amend/2005/MRAmend020105.htm

GAWD, let's hope Judge White doesn't let DP out. Hard to believe that a Judge would let an accused murderer with a $20 million dollar bond back out on the streets.

If he gets out, it would be so cool if they slapped him with a charge in Stacy's death and put him back in the pokey! :crazy:

I wish those two would just crawl back into the hole they crept out of.........

That's just Joey grandstanding. With the trial getting ready to begin, he wants to make sure the media is taking note of his "effort."

So, wouldn't murdering your wife (is it #3 or #2?) be considered compelling reason to keep him? I mean, he does have a $20 million bond...so I think they probably consider him a flight risk :doh:

There's supposed to be a hearing tomorrow to decide if DP is released or will remain in jail. One of the talking heads on television said that if the defendant remains in jail, the appeals process is speedy, if the defendant is released, the appellate court might take it's time.

http://www.kwqc.com/global/story.asp?s=12770479

isn't the compelling reason that he's a suspected murderer?

it doesn't even make any kind of sense to me that the lawyer is attempting this

courts should be a little more willing to slap these lawyers with charges for bringing frivilous motions etc. I'm so over all the crap - I can't imagine being a victim's family & having to deal with the rollercoaster ride the defense lawyers send them on

Considering Drew's not been incarcerated as long as others sitting in jail. Jerry Hobbs, 5 years, trial isn't set to start until October - and IL.... I'm sure there are countless others, Brodsky can demand all he wants, but fat chance he'll get heard.

And by all means, Drew would be considered a flight risk.

JMO

I certainly hope that DP isn't released. Besides being a flight risk, I'm concerned about the witnesses in this case. If released, DP could intimidate witnesses.

I doubt he will be let out. Brodsky would have come up with something along time ago, especially when DP was cut off from the media.

But it did make me wonder what has happened to DP's house. Is it being rented? Is it empty? On the market? Sold? Anyone know?

Will prosecutor's bid to delay trial set Drew free?

July 8, 2010
BY JOE HOSEY Herald-News

snipped

Brodsky said he came to this conclusion after having his "crack legal team working on it" and that "the consensus is yes, [Peterson should be freed] immediately, without bond."

But one member of the legal team, Joseph "The Shark" Lopez, wasn't so sure. "I've been doing some research on it. It's not so clear-cut," Lopez said. "It's an uphill battle. We expect the state to come out blazing to keep him in."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/2477044,CST-NWS-drew08.article

I certainly hope that DP isn't released. Besides being a flight risk, I'm concerned about the witnesses in this case. If released, DP could intimidate witnesses.

Completely agree. Have you ever heard of a murder case where the defendant was not in jail? Heck no, they would run as fast and far as they could. And, yes, Drew has already bothered enough people to "coax" them to his side. There are plenty of reasons he needs to be just where he is.

I wonder if the state will have to drop the charges against Drew. I seriously hope not. If the bulk of their evidence is this allowed/not allowed hearsay then any conviction will be appealed immediately. Will the state go to the expense of a trial if the verdict is not going to stick?:banghead::banghead:

Judge: Peterson must stay in jail during appeal

July 8, 2010 10:33 AM | No Comments

Drew Peterson will remain in jail while prosecutors appeal a ruling on hearsay evidence, a judge has ruled.

Peterson showed no reaction as Will County Judge Steven White announced his ruling. He looked down and wrote in a yellow legal pad, then looked at his attorneys and tapped his fingers against the table.

Peterson had arrived at court this morning carrying a suit bag.
snipped..............

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/blog/

Thank God Drew Peterson will have to remain in jail! I was really worried about him being released. I think he just knew he would be getting out.

Judge: Peterson must stay in jail during appeal

July 8, 2010 10:33 AM | No Comments

Drew Peterson will remain in jail while prosecutors appeal a ruling on hearsay evidence, a judge has ruled.

Peterson showed no reaction as Will County Judge Steven White announced his ruling. He looked down and wrote in a yellow legal pad, then looked at his attorneys and tapped his fingers against the table.

Peterson had arrived at court this morning carrying a suit bag.
snipped..............

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/blog/

Bold mine.

Drew probably thought he would head right to New York and make his "comeback appearance" on the Today Show. Gah! :furious:

Too bad, so sad.....NOT!

So sorry DrewP, but it sounds like no one is listening to you, or your attorney anymore. Kinda like no one listened to Kathleen or her family and attorneys in the past few years. Of course it would help if your primary case attorney actually presented viable case law. In this case it sounds like the even the secondary defense attorney wasn't seeing the case law quite as clear cut as Joey appeared to.

Kinda sucks when you get older, get caught at too many things and your 'influence' wanes doesn't it?

This is an excellent article on today's court hearing and some of the hearsay evidence that Judge White excluded, which led to the prosecution appealing Judge White's decision to the appellate court, who will now decide what hearsay evidence will be included in the trial.

From the article on the subject of Judge White's decision to keep Drew Peterson in jail pending the decision of the appellate court............

"White didn't give a detailed explanation for keeping Peterson locked up, only saying his reasons would be clear to the appellate court judges when they reviewed his findings."

I think this is an important clue in regards to what the appellate court will be receiving. I suspect that among the transcripts of the pre-trial hearing (January) when witnesses gave testimony about the hearsay evidence, there will also be some sealed files.

A couple of weeks ago Joel Brodsky demanded to know why LE was searching a site in Peoria. Judge White ordered that the Illinois State Police hand over to him their reports on the search of the site in Peoria. He said he would read them and decided what the defense could have. It was later reported that the defense received a "heavily redacted" report. I hope there was nothing in what they received that was useful to them.

I think the ISP report (complete version), which is sealed, will go to the appellate court too. I'm very hopeful that when the appellate court goes through the pre-trial testimony transcripts, and any other material sent to them, they will allow the hearsay testimony that will hopefully result in a conviction.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/hearsay-ruling-in-peterson-566656.html

And here's another excellent article:

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/foxvalleysun/news/2479632,Peterson-stays-in-jail_JO070810.article

I am very interested in what is going on with that Peoria search.................

It went from bombshell to nothing in seconds flat.

Hmmmmm...........

During the June 18th pre trial hearing, the defense requested a ban on Stacy's name during Peterson's trial. Does anyone know if this was granted?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back