1489 users online (246 members and 1243 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010.07.07 - Ann Rule weighs in

Fascinating look at the case by Anne Rule:

KOIN local 6 News
    July 7, 2010

Ann Rule on the Kyron Horman case: "I have the feeling it's right on the edge of exploding"

Snippet

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/ne...IXvWJkXnw.cspx

"Some, including famed author Ann Rule, think something could break any day.

"Either he will be found alive or dead, or maybe someone will come forward, maybe that's whistling in the dark, but I have the feeling it's right on the edge of exploding," Rule told KOIN reporter Araksya Karapetyan.

Despite everything Rule has seen in her long career -- which includes 31 books and over 1,400 articles on murder and kidnapping -- she thinks this is one of the most bizarre cases she has followed. . ." {more at link}
    . "

If this article is already here, Mod please delete this post. xox
    Last edited by scandi; 07-07-2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: fix it ;}

WOW, How exciting to know that Ann Rule has been studying the case since day one! I wonder if she knows about WS? lol

Ann Rule coming forward to comment is pretty good.

Hi Scandi!

Thanks for this article. I lurve Ann Rule!

She calls it like she see's it. I usually trust her judgement on things.

Well at least we know that she agrees with a good many of us. This is a BIZARRE case.

Quote Originally Posted by ella971 View Post
    Ann Rule coming forward to comment is pretty good.
    You betcha. She is such a student of crime, bound for accuracy in what she details in her writing and always having that bit of mystique to grab the reader.

PS: Thanks to the Modship Fairy for making this a thread. ;}

"We are fascinated with it and horrified by it at the same time, and of course in Oregon its 1983 now but when Diane Downs shot her three children that was, people were just obsessed with finding out what had happened, and I think that's the case here."
    This is one messed up sentence. It's 1983 in Oregon. What?

I love Ann Rule. I have every book she ever wriitten. Thanks

I have lot of repect for her and if she said it getting ready to blow...I believe her.

I enjoy Ann Rule's books a lot! And she is very kind. I used to be on a library board and emailed her for a recipe for a book we were creating to raise funds. She sent her chili recipe.

Her book about the bank robber who lived in a tree house has stuck with me for a long time. I can't remember the title.

I do hope she will stay on this case and write more comments about it even though she may not write a whole book. I think it is fascinating how she said "
    "I do think that she is the suspect." Why? "Say she hated her husband and was angry and resentful at him for some reason, and how can you hurt someone more than to take their child away. And I think it's all connected."<snipped from article>

"We are fascinated with it and horrified by it at the same time, and of course in Oregon its 1983 now but when Diane Downs shot her three children that was, people were just obsessed with finding out what had happened, and I think that's the case here."

Thanks for posting that. I thought I had finally gone off the deep end, as everyone else seemed to understand that. LOL!

I wrote the authors of the article a little thank you note for reaching out to Ann Rule for her comments:

"I wanted to thank you both Araksaya and Kyle for your reaching out to Ann Rule for her thoughts on the case. A great article, and being a simple Sleuther who follows Missing Children cases, I appreciate reading a true investigative journalist at work".

I pretty sure she knows a lot LE!!

Even if she don't write a whole book she might do a short story in one of collections... But I would love to read a novel on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ClueMeIn View Post

Thanks for posting that. I thought I had finally gone off the deep end, as everyone else seemed to understand that. LOL!
    LOL, The proof reader missed that. I vaguely remember the Diane Downs case but Kyron's case must remind her allot of that case from what we know already. I hope she writes more too as this case develops. Ya Ya

OK so she is a great writer YES.
    OK so when the landscaper came up with the "Murder for hire" story my ears perked up and my eyes widened too.
    and Yes anyone who is capable to hire anyone to murder can also arrange an abduction.

What bothers me a lot is that the substitute teacher told a child who notice Kyron missing to "calm down, he just may be in the bathroom" and then she herself (substitute) left the class. AND NOBODY CALLED HOME AFTER THE ATTENDENCE. that is insane.
    This has been bothering me from the start. I still want to know where did the teacher go, and has she been interviewed.
    I still will not point at Kyron's step mom just because there is a lot that points to her.
    Ann Rue did NOT lend a new perspective at all. And I am not jumping on any ban wagon.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    OK so she is a great writer YES.
    OK so when the landscaper came up with the "Murder for /hire" story my ears perked up and my eyes widened too.
    and Yes anyone who is capable to h ire anyone to murder can also arrange and abduction.
    What bothers me a lot is that the substitute teacher told a child who notice K missing to "calm down, he just may be in the bathroom" and then she herself (substitute) left the class.
    This has been bothering me from the start. I still want to know where did the teacher go, and has she been interviewed.
    I still will not point at Ks step mom just because everyone is jumping on the ban wagon, and that includes A Rule.
    She knows no more than we do. Which is pretty much ... zilch.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast