What makes you think Terri Horman is innocent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cypress

Reaction score
Why do you think she's innocent, or at the very least, why are you not convinced she's guilty?

1. There is no evidence Terri resented Kyron. She may have, but there is no evidence of it, IMHO. By all accounts, she loved Kyron. In his pictures, he appears well cared for, happy, at ease, groomed. He's eating, playing, and smiling. Terri's older son, who up until recently lived with Terri, seemed to dote on Kyron or at the very least get along well with him. Children often take cues from their parents. In all the pictures I've seen of Kyron and his siblings, they seem like a tight knit group.

2. Terri helped Kyron with his science fair project, and not only that, she seemed proud of him. She gave him credit, saying she only helped laminate (this is anti-narcissistic, IMHO).

3. She took him to school the day he went missing and was seen by multiple witnesses. Some witnesses place Kyron at the school after Terri left. There is Kyron's friend's account of seeing Kyron, the "cool electrical project," the confusion in the classroom, and the teacher saying Kyron had probably gone to get water or that he was in the bathroom. None of this involves confusion about where Terri was, only about where Kyron was, or was not, as is the case.

4. Terri has, as far as we know, and per LE's statements, cooperated. She submitted to multiple interrogations, two polygraphs, searches of cars, home, etc. Even when it became obvious that LE was zeroing in on her, especially with the questionnaire, she remained cooperative and did not retain counsel.

It was only after Kaine left, filed for divorce, a RO, and took her daughter, that she retained counsel.

5. She did comment on the news site, but other than that, she hasn't pursued the spotlight. For the most part, she's stayed quiet, especially in light of all the accusations against her. This case is as bizarre as they come, but she's not thrusting herself into the spotlight. Even if it's on the advice of her lawyer, she's listening to him, which again is anti-narcissistic, IMHO.

Feel free to add your thoughts as to why she may not be guilty.

I have no idea if she is innocent or guilty. I do not have nearly enough information to make a call either way.

ETA:I will say I did not see any suspicious behavior prior to the landscaper report. So, if the landscaper's account turns out to be bogus, I have even fewer hunches.

NOTHING tells me she is innocent.
ALL "evidence" points to Terri...and an accomplist.

I don't have an opinion as to whether she's innocent, but I see no evidence of her guilt. The supposed "evidence" against her is all hearsay and gossip.

ETA: to me, the landscaper's accusation smacks of rejected man seeking revenge...but again, that's also hearsay and gossip at this point.

I do not know that she is innocent.
I only know that pointing only at her is not an investigation.
I want to know:
Why the school did not call home immediately.
Why the substitute teacher calmed down the child who said K was missing and did not do more about it.
Where did she go when she left the room.

I have no idea if she is innocent or not. I only know that we can not jump on one person because the investigation STOPES and it is not fair. it is too easy for LE to just stay with TH and not do more.

NOTHING tells me she is innocent.
ALL "evidence" points to Terri...and an accomplist.

I'm not convinced she's innocent, I'm just not convinced she's guilty, either, which is the less popular conclusion, IMHO.

I do not know that she is innocent.
I only know that pointing only at her is not an investigation.
I want to know:
Why the school did not call home immediately.
Why the substitute teacher calmed down the child who said K was missing and did not do more about it.
Where did she go when she left the room.

I have no idea if she is innocent or not. I only know that we can not jump on one person because the investigation STOPES and it is not fair. it is too easy for LE to just stay with TH and not do more.

Song, there is some confusion as to whether or not the teacher was told by Terri that Kyron had an appointment, which when was Kyron was not in class, it confirmed for her it must be true. Terri is said to have said that she meant the next Friday. Also this school did not have the policy of calling home if a student is absent-poor policy perhaps, but it was their policy and parents would be aware of that. Also, we do not know what to make of what the 8-yr old said on his tape when he went on TV; LE says there were no subs that day and that Terri was the last person to see Kyron, which if true, means that the little boy could not have seen him when he said he did.

hope that is all clear as mud.

As far as Terri being innocent, well she is, until proven otherwise. I just hope that if she if she is tried and the evidence is there, she is not the kind of "innocent" that OJ is, when it is all over.

Not sure she is guilty or innocent, think there is MUCH we do not know. I am really leaning towards a kidnapping just not sure if she is or isn't involved. I think LE is involved in a cat and mouse game and the family is all in on it trying to lure out whoever has Kyron. JMO

I'm on the fence. She might be innocent, and she might not be. But I agree that the things pointing to her are mostly gossip and speculation, and that started immediately.
I hate to see LE focus on ONE person and seemingly ignore any other possibilities.
One thing that strikes me is, the bio mom and stepdad making statements directed to Terri to "do the right thing", when LE has not confirmed that Terri is a suspect. What do they know that LE doesn't, or won't say? Is this just normal suspcion on a mother's part? Or is she fully convinced that Terri is responsible?
At any rate... I need something a little more concrete than the fact she is the last known person to see him. That does not always equate to being guilty, IMO.

Why do you think she's innocent, or at the very least, why are you not convinced she's guilty?

<snipped>

What you said...

Additionally, we know Kaine returned home early afternoon to find Terri and baby already there, in their usual routine I suppose. Did Terri know when he was getting home that day? If she did think he'd been cheating on her, why would she trust him as to when he says he'll arrive home? Especially when so much is at stake?

She has a husband who can work from home when he chooses, and she has reason to believe he'll be arriving home early this day, yet risks him being there when she gets home after *whatever* she did to Kyron, before she has a chance to change, clean up, etc. And she must have done a good job cleaning up and hiding her tracks, as Kaine didn't suspect anything was amiss when he arrived home.

I have not seen anything concrete that says TH is guilty in the disappearance of Kyron. Most likely, LE has more information than I do. I've followed a number of cases on WS and many prior to joining and I will say this is the first time that I have been afraid that someone could be innocent and still convicted.

Song, there is some confusion as to whether or not the teacher was told by Terri that Kyron had an appointment, which when was Kyron was not in class, it confirmed for her it must be true. Terri is said to have said that she meant the next Friday. Also this school did not have the policy of calling home if a student is absent-poor policy perhaps, but it was their policy and parents would be aware of that. Also, we do not know what to make of what the 8-yr old said on his tape when he went on TV; LE says there were no subs that day and that Terri was the last person to see Kyron, which if true, means that the little boy could not have seen him when he said he did.

hope that is all clear as mud.

As far as Terri being innocent, well she is, until proven otherwise. I just hope that if she if she is tried and the evidence is there, she is not the kind of "innocent" that OJ is, when it is all over.

BBM: And that's another thing... why did LE dismiss this boy's statement? What if the boy was right? More important... how do they know he's wrong?
Just because he used the word "sub" he might have meant a teacher's aide or another parent who sometimes substitutes, and didn't know her name, so that's how he classified her.
Too many unanswered questions.

I think that given what we know, there is no proof and/or no overwhelming circumstances that point to her guilt.

(snipped)

I don't know if she's innocent or not - but to me, that's the money quote, too many unanswered questions. And it feels orchestrated (but by whom?) to make her look bad.

BBM: And that's another thing... why did LE dismiss this boy's statement? What if the boy was right? More important... how do they know he's wrong?
Just because he used the word "sub" he might have meant a teacher's aide or another parent who sometimes substitutes, and didn't know her name, so that's how he classified her.
I really don't think this little boys statement should be dismissed.He also said Kyron was going to see a cool science project.

I agree with what others have said. Too many questions. And one thing - it astounds me that someone who appears to be an intelligent woman with a masters would have made so many mistakes to have it all point to her. Me thinks there is something behind the all things point to Terri, and what that is, I am not positive of. Every single thing that I have seen being used to point to Terri, I can think of an easy answer, solely based on what little is know, that refutes it.

Reasonable doubt - plenty. Gut instinct - responsible, but not the perp.
To respond to cypress's itemization:
1. I'll give you that one. Of course, pictures do not always tell the whole story. They are but a snapshot in time.
2. She lied. That is NOT the project of a 2nd grader.
3. Wouldn't you want that to be the case if you had planned to take Kyron? She could be just very cunning.
4. Part I - resistance would have only put her in LE's sights; Part II - why criminal counsel?
5. I don't for one moment believe she has not posted under a different username.

I suspect TH but I don't know if she's guilty. If there is another possibility LE isn't letting that out. If I were on the jury, even if all the rumors turned out to be true I couldn't convict. Especially the murder for hire. He said/she said is all I see. It is always nice when there is no doubt, like a video, eye witness or dna but that isn't always the case. My fear is that we will never know for sure and whoever did this will get away and be walking among us.

Well... I remain unconvinced and I know the reason why.. its Baby K. If the person who took her big brother away from her knew how much she adored him yet did it anyway, then that person has to be a totally unfeeling monster. I just don't get that impression from TH. I'm a mom of a 7yr old boy and a 2 yr old girl... there are just no words to capture their relationship, it is beautiful and sacred. He is old enough to never have jealousy towards her and she is little enough to think he is marvelous.. her prince, her hero... the coolest kid in the whole wide world. The one she wants to sit next to even if they're just watching TV. They have their own little rituals for saying goodnight and goodbye when he goes to school.

I can't wrap my head around the idea that the mother who is so genuinely devoted to her would take him away. I just can't make that fit TH, no matter how much rage she might have felt towards her husband.

I'm not convinced she's innocent, I'm just not convinced she's guilty, either, which is the less popular conclusion, IMHO.

ITA

I joined WS over a year ago to follow this case:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=365"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=365[/ame]

I found WS only after two people were arrested six weeks after Tori's abduction from her school. Even though LE released footage a couple of days after her disappearance (a nursing home's camera from across the street showed a woman leading the little girl away), posters from both WS and FB still believed it to be either the mother or the mother's best friend. The mother lived with an accused "pedo" and court documentation of this accusation (and charges) were posted on both sites. AND up until the arrest of these two, the mother swore she did not recognize the woman in the video (LE has since reported that the women knew each other). Catching up and reading back on the threads after I joined (and after the arrests) I would say it was hard pressed to find anyone that did not think that the mother was involved. She held daily press conferences that were picked apart in detail. LE (or so it has been suspected) even set up a sting situation where a limo ride to meet a mysterious benefactor was detailed.

So long story short, I have said before, as much I may be more comforted that the step-mother is the one responsible, it it more because as a parent, I am horrified by the "stranger" or someone a little bit known by Kyron theory - I am all too aware that it happens and it can happen close to home. I am not ready to convict TH but if I were her, I would do my best to throw that LS under the nearest oncoming bus. JMO, MOO, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater