1592 users online (328 members and 1264 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TX - Ellis Co., WhtMale remains, GSW, sleeping bag, Sep'98 - Jacob Whitt

I'm sorry I'm not sure where to put this link. I didn't see a thread for Jacob.

http://www.ennisdailynews.com/news.php?id=5343

12 years later, body IDíd

07-07-2010

...been identified as those of missing Kennedale resident Jacob W. Whitt, who was 22 at the time of his disappearance. The case was ruled a suicide by the Dallas County Medical Examinerís Office...
    Rest In Peace Jacob. Prayers for your family.

Here is his Charley page so that it will be available when the page is removed from the site. I'm putting the reconstruction in also for comparison

Jacob Wayne Whitt

Whitt, circa 1998

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: February 14, 1998 from Forest Hill, Texas
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: February 3, 1976
    Height and Weight: 6'1, 140 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Red hair, gray eyes. Whitt has a scar above his left eye and scars on his abdomen from double hernia surgery, his nose was been surgically rebuilt after a 1993 car accident, and he has previously fractured his left wrist. His nickname is Jake. Whitt's teeth were in good condition at the time of his disappearance. He wears eyeglasses for reading. He has very little body hair and he may have some facial hair.

Clothing/Jewelry Description: A t-shirt, jeans and loafers.

Details of Disappearance

Whitt was last seen in Forest Hill, Texas on February 14, 1998. He left work, cashed his paycheck and started walking home, which was a few blocks away. He last seen in a parking lot on Mansfield Highway. He has never been heard from again.

Whitt worked at the Samsill factory on Mansfield Highway in Forest Hill at the time of his disappearance. He is originally from Florida; he moved to Texas in 1997. He initially lived with an uncle before moving to a hotel across the street from his place of employment. Whitt is described as a reliable employee who never missed work and was never late, and who kept in touch with his family. He was not owing rent at the time of his disappearance, and he never picked up his last paycheck. Foul play is possible in Whitt's case; he is considered to be endangered. His case remains unsolved.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-13-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Young Man Missing Since 1998 Found in Texas Grave
    Published : Wednesday, 14 Jul 2010, 10:40 AM CDT

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/071...in-Texas-Grave

Whitt's mother, Theresa Freitas, says the Ellis County Sheriff's Office in Texas is ruling her son's death a suicide. She says she doesn't believe he killed himself.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=50995

It seems odd to me that he would cash his check before committing suicide.
    "Iím gonna miss that smile
    Iím gonna miss you my friend
    Even though it hurts the way it ended up
    Iíd do it all again
    So play it sweet in heaven
    ĎCause thatís right where you wana be
    Iím not crying because I feel so sorry for you
    Iím crying for me"

~ Toby Keith, Cryin' for Me/Wayman's Song

What a sad story....I agree, it is weird he cashed his check and said "see you Monday" if he really commited suicide.

My question, if he shot himself while in a sleeping bag out in (it sounds like) the middle of a wooded area (did he camp a lot? by himself?), why is the gun 3 feet from his body? Was he standing with the sleeping bag over him and then it bounced away? Granted I have no idea how the scene was found but it sounds weird from the information available to me.

Then again, his mom seemed to sense something was wrong, and maybe was in denial that he was depressed?

Please help bring Jacob home!!! PLEASE SHARE WITH ALL!!!

Please sign this petition:

https://www.change.org/petitions/tha...hare_petition#

Because the truth is needed for a complete resolution: This young man was missing for ten years but was buried as a John Doe; authorities now claim it is Jacob Whitt, the family is in need of proof and confirmation of the facts concerning his death - identity. Please support the effort to have the wrong doings of this case be reversed and bring forth this child home to his mother.

http://www.newschief.com/article/20100713/NEWS/7135042

Exhume - DNA Test - Autopsy - Send Remains Home (FL) Jacob Whitt

Greetings,

I just signed the following petition addressed to: Texas Governor.

----------------
    Exhume - DNA Test - Autopsy - Send Remains Home (FL) Jacob Whitt

Because the truth is needed for a complete resolution: This young man was missing for ten years but was buried as a John Doe; authorities now claim it is Jacob Whitt, the family is in need of proof and confirmation of the facts concerning his death - identity. Please support the effort to have the wrong doings of this case be reversed and bring forth this child home to his mother.
    ----------------

Sincerely,

[Your name]

Bump! Anyone heard anything else about this case?

Something is just wrong with this whole story. Here is a young man who was never late to work, a reliable employee and up to date on his rent. The articles I've read said that he kept in contact with his family.

Then, he goes missing.

Then a body is found in that same area and it takes ELEVEN YEARS for LE to put those two together? Wow.

Fort Pierce, Fl or Merced, Ca-- when not traveling.
    Why would a person ready to end their life, bother to cash their check? That shows they had future plans. Was the money found on/near his body? Was the gun registered to him, or to anyone? i don't have time to read the articles right now, sorry if all that info is in the articles. I just read this really quickly and was instantly angry about the horrible police work being done, very much an injustice.