1027 users online (202 members and 825 guests)  

Websleuths News

Couple kicked off flight for breast T-shirt

So no one said anything when he checked in... when he went through security... when he sat at the gate.... the boarding agents... the flight attendant was the first person to mention the breast?

~~~~~~~~

MIAMI (AP) - A couple returning home from a Costa Rican vacation was ejected from an American Airlines flight because the man was wearing a T-shirt depicting a bare breast.
    Oscar Arela and his girlfriend were removed from Flight 952 on Saturday after he refused to change the shirt or turn it inside out at Miami International Airport.

The couple, who were making a connecting flight, said nobody on their earlier flight objected to the shirt and claimed the airline violated their constitutional right to free speech.

"It's a picture of a man and woman, and the woman's breast is showing," said his girlfriend, Tala Tow. "The flight attendant basically walked up to us and yelled, 'You have to take off that shirt right now."'

American spokesman Tim Wagner said Sunday that crew members acted properly, and said the shirt was more graphic than the couple described. The airline gave them a refund, he said.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNew...565972-ap.html

Oscar Arela

When I first read this guys name, I thought it said Areola. I must have been distracted by the content of this thread. I was thinking how very appropriate his name was. On the second time through, I realized I was wrong.
    Amazing what preconceptions will do for you.

LOL... that would have been a perfect name for him though

Janet Jackson all over again.
    I didn't know the airlines were the T-shirt cops. I mean he wasn't wearing a "I'm going to blow up this plane" shirt. Give me a break. It's a boob.

BTW, hilarious picture Cass. He used to be a Billionaire. Too funny.

What kind of idiot would refuse to just put on another freaking shirt? If I'm on an airplane and some jerkoff is holding up the entire flight because he refused to change a shirt, I'd be pretty po'd.

Personally, I don't think the airline should have given this jackass a refund. He was more than welcome to fly - just turn the frickin' shirt inside out. He was being a big baby.
    Step right up and see the Yakwoman! Only 25 cents a look!

name

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    LOL... that would have been a perfect name for him though
    Obviously, he is a breast man.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.