908 users online (158 members and 750 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,726

    SC - Rodricus Fred Williams, 2, Charleston, 6 July 2010

    2 year old reported missing last night in Charleston. He was reported to have falled into Charleston Harbor at the Battery. Police called off the search this morning after determining that the child was never at the battery. Father has been arrested, but child is still missing.

    http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...search-called/
    Last edited by Cubby; 07-07-2010 at 05:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Great Swamp
    Posts
    1,965
    Thank you! I just saw this. Had a late night trip to Savannah. This does not look good at all.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Great Swamp
    Posts
    1,965
    another news link
    http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12766658

    video here
    http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12763964

    There is a comment at the above link that neighbors came out with flashlights and dogs to help search.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    6,342
    oh no.

    bad news with good news (alisa)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182
    I hope this dad just has him hidden and has not harmed him. He has had custody of the boy for the past several months - so maybe, just maybe the child is safe.

    Salem

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,645
    Here is a timeline of the search for missing 2-year-old Rodricus Fred Williams:

    Tuesday, July 6, 2010
    7:35 p.m. - Police a receive a report that a boy had fallen over the Battery wall.

    9:16 p.m. - Charleston County Volunteer Rescue alerts media that a search is underway.

    9:20 p.m. - Charleston County Volunteer Rescue provides details that a 2-year-old has fallen over the wall at the Battery.

    11 p.m. - A description of the missing boy is released. Authorities are no longer confident that the boy actually fell in the water. Search continues on land and in water.

    Wednesday, July 7, 2010
    12:14 a.m. - Charleston police release the boy's name and a photo.

    12:50 a.m. - Water search suspended. Officials say it will resume at 6 a.m. The search on land continues.

    4 a.m. - Police arrest Roger Williams, the father of the missing 2-year-old boy, at a hotel in Summerville.

    7 a.m. - The Charleston Police Department calls off the search for the missing boy, stating that the he never fell in the water or was anywhere near the Battery. The call was made up.

    http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12766804

  7. #7
    coopzoo's Avatar
    coopzoo is offline Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I hope this dad just has him hidden and has not harmed him. He has had custody of the boy for the past several months - so maybe, just maybe the child is safe.

    Salem
    Praying this is the case as well, Salem! What a glorious smile this little one has.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,645
    http://www2.counton2.com/cbd/news/lo...father/153178/

    The Summerville Police Department (SPD) arrested Roger Williams on bench warrants as Charleston Police continue the search for his two-year-old son Rodricus Williams. According to the report, SPD officers responded to the Economy Inn around 4 a.m. Wednesday. When they knocked on the door a woman answered, but Williams told the officer “I’m the one you are looking for”. The officer says Williams then turned around to be handcuffed.The officer also reported the room smelled like marijuana, and there were burnt cigarettes in the room.

    The report also shows, Williams is wanted by Berkeley County, Dorchester County, and North Charleston.

    Williams son is still missing, but officials called off a search of the Battery in Downtown Charleston early Wednesday morning after police learned the child was never at the Battery. The child’s parents are in the midst of a custody battle which resulted in a police report being filed in Berkeley County Monday. Chief Mullen said, the mother traveled from Columbia to Charleston to pick-up Rodricus at the Battery.


    This doesn't sound good at all.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Great Swamp
    Posts
    1,965
    Quote Originally Posted by krista View Post
    http://www2.counton2.com/cbd/news/lo...father/153178/

    The Summerville Police Department (SPD) arrested Roger Williams on bench warrants as Charleston Police continue the search for his two-year-old son Rodricus Williams. According to the report, SPD officers responded to the Economy Inn around 4 a.m. Wednesday. When they knocked on the door a woman answered, but Williams told the officer “I’m the one you are looking for”. The officer says Williams then turned around to be handcuffed.The officer also reported the room smelled like marijuana, and there were burnt cigarettes in the room.

    The report also shows, Williams is wanted by Berkeley County, Dorchester County, and North Charleston.

    Williams son is still missing, but officials called off a search of the Battery in Downtown Charleston early Wednesday morning after police learned the child was never at the Battery. The child’s parents are in the midst of a custody battle which resulted in a police report being filed in Berkeley County Monday. Chief Mullen said, the mother traveled from Columbia to Charleston to pick-up Rodricus at the Battery.


    This doesn't sound good at all.
    Nope. I have called a local LE friend to see if he is also wanted here.:P

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    6,342
    great.

    this is not gonna end well


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    6,342
    how did this guy have custody if he had all these bench warrents for his arrest

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,726
    "Mullen said the father has had custody of the child for the last two months. His mother drove from Columbia to Charleston Tuesday to take custody of the child from the father at The Battery, but the meeting never happened.

    http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...search-called/

    I hope he did not do anything to this child. The mother was supposed to pick him up yesterday - was the "fell into the water" report an attempt to explain why dad couldn't turn the child over to the mother? I wonder when someone other than the father saw him last??

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Great Swamp
    Posts
    1,965
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonGal View Post
    "Mullen said the father has had custody of the child for the last two months. His mother drove from Columbia to Charleston Tuesday to take custody of the child from the father at The Battery, but the meeting never happened.

    http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...search-called/

    I hope he did not do anything to this child. The mother was supposed to pick him up yesterday - was the "fell into the water" report an attempt to explain why dad couldn't turn the child over to the mother? I wonder when someone other than the father saw him last??
    Hmm good question.Very good, I do hope this is not a Shania type case.*sigh*

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,361
    I pray this little guy is found quickly and safely.
    I'm hoping he hid the child because he did not want to turn him over to the childs mother. Let's pray that is the case and he did not harm this child thinking he would lose custody and as a way to punish the childs mother.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    1,431
    I'm hoping that he really is hidden away someplace... but there's a tiny voice in the back of my mind screaming obscenities and telling me that I'm wrong... I pray that the tiny voice is wrong...
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson


    "The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast