Kaine recalls when the marriage began to sour

Status
Not open for further replies.

darlin gal

Reaction score
The father of missing second-grader Kyron Horman said today that his marriage to the boy's stepmom began to grow rocky after she gave birth to their little girl 19 months ago.

"I thought the marriage was doing pretty well," Kaine Horman said during a one-on-one interview with The Oregonian, "until we had our daughter."

Horman declined to go into details about the fractured marriage to Terri Moulton Horman. But the 36-year-old software engineer said he still believes what he wrote in a June 28 restraining order against his estranged wife: She tried to hire someone to kill him.

During a car ride today a few miles from the elementary school where his 7-year-old son vanished on June 4, Horman said he agrees with detectives who have told him that the investigation into Kyron's disappearance will be a marathon rather than a sprint.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_father_recalls_w.html

Hmmm. I wonder what would cause that? PPD? I'm not familiar with the effects of PPD and wonder if that could be what happened here?

Hmmm. Interesting. Maybe she was jealous of all the attention Baby K got from KH, the attention she thought she would get for bearing him a child.

Or maybe she thought he would take on more child rearing duties, and instead, she had to take on more of that with taking care of Baby K and Kyron.

In any event, it's very interesting that their marriage got rocky after the birth of Baby K...

Hmmm. I wonder what would cause that? PPD? I'm not familiar with the effects of PPD and wonder if that could be what happened here?

I do too. It has been brought up quite alot in discussions. I don't have any statistical data, but IIRC it CAN get severe enough to damage a relationship and an individual's psyche.

MOO, I am not a professional, but I stayed at Holiday Inn a few weeks ago.:p

A marathon instead of a sprint :(

Maybe a belief that someone was cheating on someone else (could go either way, in this situation) JMO.

Gee...I think all of this talking by Kaine is terrible! "My wife had our baby and then our marriage got rocky." Huh? Sorry folks, but that is not nice....not when your looking for your missing son. Every marriage goes through tough times. Thats normal. Thats what the vows are all about. If he thought Terri was depressed or having difficulties, then he needed to press her to seek some medical or psychological attention.

Or even PPP.

Here's what I'm thinking....
Reaching out and imploring Terri to be honest hasn't worked so far.

Time for a new new strategy.

Make terri think she has an 'out'....a good defense for whatever she has done, so she spills the beans.

Over the last few days I keep thinking about the Diane Downs case, where LE faked a newspaper clipping of a woman who got off light for murdering her kids.... All in the hope it would make Diane confess and think that she would get off lightly too.

JMO

ETA: In todays PC Desiree said there is a method in everything they do.

Gee...I think all of this talking by Kaine is terrible! "My wife had our baby and then our marriage got rocky." Huh? Sorry folks, but that is not nice....not when your looking for your missing son. Every marriage goes through tough times. Thats normal. Thats what the vows are all about. If he thought Terri was depressed or having difficulties, then he needed to press her to seek some medical or psychological attention.

I wonder if he isn't sharing because of a great amount of guilt that he must be carrying.

Is there a possibility that this is hindsight?

Yes, but in the end we are all responsible for our own actions. Kaine is a victim in all of this. To be quite honest when I hear people say that it takes 2 to make a marriage work, it makes me want to puke. That is not always true, you know?

And maybe in retrospect, he now realizes that. Men are not the greatest when it comes to therapy and things of that nature. I think he's being going over everything in his mind over and over for weeks now. I don't think it's immature of him at all to make that statement. I think it's a big regret of his that he can pinpoint when it started to go bad and he didn't do anything or not enough about it.

-f6b0a97ac99ee03e.JPG

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_father_recalls_w.html

He has the weight of the world on his shoulders. Just sad.​

Also I am sorry, but why would he be nice to her again? I must have missed a post declaring Terri's innocence.

Also I am sorry, but why would he be nice to her again? I must have missed a post declaring Terri's innocence.

From todays PC:

Desiree:"Honestly I think the police are doing whatever they can to make Kyron the priority, and I put my full trust in their doing what they need to do to bring him home... However that ends up happening, so they've got in their mind their gameplan, and I know they have a reason for it so.....I'm just rollin' with the punches as much as I can"

All very carefully orchestrated imo.

She is darn lucky! Lucky that she married him, and not someone who would hurt her for what she has done. OMG! I am so angry, and Kyron is not even my child! The ache that we all feel everytime they come on the air! She deserves no respect!

Well at least now we know. If, as we suspect, have actually been together since sometime before or around Kyron's birth, then they didn't get married until 2006. They didn't move too quickly.

Then he says he thought the marriage was doing 'pretty well' before the baby was born. That is not a love filled, wedded bliss kinda statement.

I don't want to think about what Kyron had to be living with since things took the turn for the worse.

I'm a mom of 2. I can tell you with every child my relationship with my husband changed, things changed. Luckily, we have worked together with those changes b/c we have a strong friendship base. With Kyron, the two of them could get a break and have "mommy and daddy" time. Kyron had another family. With Kitty different story. My best friend has a child who is 15 now. She divorced when he was 2. With that child she got a break because he was with his father some of the time. She is remarried now and has since had 2 more children. She's now a FULL TIME 24/7 Mom, completely different story. She was much happier being a Mom that got breaks. I'm not saying Kyron was with his mom a lot but enough to where TH and KH could get a break and focus on their marriage. JMHO.

Try not to read too much into the "pretty well" statement! That is guys for you! ;)

Jealousy. There it is. Ugh. Kaine prolly has a special dad/son relationship with Kyron, she has baby K, and YES a father's relationship to a daughter is different, especially with the age difference. I wouldn't be surprised if she got pregnant to try to trap him. IMO, MOO, JUST MY OPINION, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46