1056 users online (191 members and 865 guests)  

Websleuths News

MN - Nicholas Miller, 17 mos, shaken to death, Northfield, 19 June 2009

http://www.startribune.com/local/sou...Unciaec8O7EyUr

I did a search here for Nicholas and couldn't find a thread, if there is one Mods please move this.
    It's just the worst nightmare knowing what this poor baby went through at the hands of his step-father.
    Now the question is, how many other people knew about it?

Nicholas was not his only victim, after his death they also found injuries on his baby brother.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    http://www.startribune.com/local/sou...Unciaec8O7EyUr

I did a search here for Nicholas and couldn't find a thread, if there is one Mods please move this.
    It's just the worst nightmare knowing what this poor baby went through at the hands of his step-father.
    Now the question is, how many other people knew about it?

Nicholas was not his only victim, after his death they also found injuries on his baby brother.

VB
    OMG! Poor Nicholas must have been in horrible pain!!

Rest in peace baby.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

My heart is breaking right now for this little boy and all the other innocents that are hurt so horribly. I found the link for little Nicholas's facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...07534352620699

A year after his shocking death, in which his stepfather, Tylar Hokanson, has been charged, sympathetic strangers who've read about the case are demanding justice for Nicholas and raising questions: Why didn't anybody stand up for the boy during months of abuse? And, should other relatives be held criminally liable for allowing the abuse to continue?

From Vegas Bride's link above. Just getting the name of the perp in the thread.

Jury convicts stepdad in toddler’s death; life sentence mandatory

Jurors deliberated about 31 hours before convicting stepfather in 2009 death of 17-month-old Nicholas Miller.

By JOY POWELL, joy.powell@startribune.com
    Last update: November 25, 2010 - 7:23 PM

A Dakota County jury deliberated into Thanksgiving Day before convicting farmhand Tylar Hokanson of murder in the 2009 shaken-baby death of his 17-month-old stepson, Nicholas Miller.

Hokanson, 24, and his mother sobbed at the verdict and the mandatory life sentence immediately handed down by Dakota County District Judge Robert King. Hokanson and his mother were allowed to hug before deputies took him away to serve 30 years in prison before he can be considered for parole.

Hokanson was convicted of two counts apiece of first- and second-degree murder during malicious punishment and neglect of a child. Hokanson had let others believe his stepson had fallen and had asthma over a hot Father's Day weekend and until the next Tuesday, when he died in Wisconsin with a bleeding brain, broken back and crushed lungs.

more here

http://www.startribune.com/local/sou...tml?page=1&c=y
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

THere is no way that mom didnt know. If your kid cant walk anymore and is acting like a "noodle" I think you would rush them to a Dr. Its sickening what that poor little boy went through and no one helped him.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaBrown23 View Post
    THere is no way that mom didnt know. If your kid cant walk anymore and is acting like a "noodle" I think you would rush them to a Dr. Its sickening what that poor little boy went through and no one helped him.
    I Totally agree with you!
    What is wrong with people?
    To just let a baby lay there and die???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Anyone who stands by when a child is abused and does nothing, needs to be sentenced as well as the abuser.Until we fight to change the laws this will keep happening to these precious babies.Nicholas you deserved so much better and I am so very sorry that the people who should have protected you let you down.What a beautiful baby...........How could anyone allow their child to be abused? How could anyone not see the horrible pain this child was in? Why didn't anyone get him medical attention? Nicholas was trying to tell that he was being hurt, just no one listened.RIP Baby Nicholas
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

Nicholas needs a law that says ANY adult living in the house where a child is abused is responsible, even if they never strike a blow. there is no way a mother who loves her child would allow him to be hurt like that. its so sickening. that poor little baby suffered so much! a MOTHER who loves her child would kill the pos who did that to her baby, not lie and protect the pos until the baby dies. Nicholas deserves justice and the other children deserve a life of peace without fear.
    "Love one another. As I have loved you, love one another." Jesus

Finally!!

Mother of Dakota County toddler charged in death

Melissa Hokanson, whose husband was convicted of murder last month, is charged with manslaughter and child neglect.

Last update: December 14, 2010 - 11:03 AM

The mother of a toddler killed at the hands of his stepfather has been charged in connection with her son's death, accused of failing to get help for her dying child, the Dakota County Attorney's Office announced Tuesday.

Melissa Hokanson, 19, of rural Northfield, was charged with one count of manslaughter and two counts of child neglect.
    The charges say that because Melissa Hokanson failed to seek medical care for her son after he was injured on June 19, 2009, she thereby contributed to causing his death.

more here

http://www.startribune.com/local/south/111855324.html
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    GOOD!! One word - GOOD!!! Now convict her!

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    RIP baby nicholas, my heart is breaking at the moment. Why does this keep happening to our children?

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    Mother Heads to Court for Her Role in Son's Death

http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S2...html?cat=10728

From September 2012:

http://www.twincities.com/ci_2153482...ole-sons-death

Melissa Ohmann's failure to get help for her 17-month-old son Nicholas means she'll spend the next year in the Dakota County Jail...

Ohmann, 21, of Northfield pleaded guilty of second-degree manslaughter in March for her role in Nicholas' death...

When Nicholas was killed, Ohmann had recently turned 18 and had just given birth to her third child. Ohmann also suffered from abuse as a child that made her hesitant to ask for help. "She basically learned not to question men," Lehmann said.