CANADA Canada - Eve Ho, 17; Jackie Li, 18; Kevin Lim, 18; Toronto, 14 Aug 2006

nevinm

Reaction score
Puzzling case... I don't think much new information has appeared since the article below was published.

"Police are investigating a possible connection between the murder of Toronto teenager Philip Sit and the disappearance of three of his classmates. Mr. Sit's skeletal remains were discovered in a King Township field on Aug. 9 after he had been missing for about 11 months. Five days later, 17-year-old Eve Ho, also known as Yee Wah Ho, went missing with her boyfriend, Jackie Li, 18, and another friend Kevin Lim, 18. "

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=202aff7c-e5f3-4038-88a2-24987f0d1a78&k=64164

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIhnu0-4kyM

This Case has always made me wonder.
I think they had something to do with it , what do you think?

Just came across this video, with quite a bit more information provided by Det. Corsi of the York Regional Police:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_VxmWtEfSE

So to summarize, based on these links...

Summer and Sept. 2005 - Eve Ho and her friend Phillip Sit, students at Harbord Collegiate in downtown Toronto, spend a lot of time together with Eve's boyfriend Jackie Li, who lives in Scarborough (approximately 20 km east of downtown Toronto).

Sept. 24, 2005 - Phillip Sit disappears, after telling family members at home, in the early morning hours, that he is going out to meet friends.

Aug. 9, 2006 - Phillip Sit's skeletal remains are found near the side of a rural highway, in York Region, approximately 40 km north of Toronto.

Evening of Aug. 14, 2006 - Eve Ho, Jackie Li, and their friend Kevin Lim (also from Scarborough) disappear.

-Eve and Jackie are believed to have taken their cell phones with them, but there has been no activity on the phones since their disappearance. Jackie is also said to have taken some cash with him. Kevin did not take his cell phone or his wallet. He borrowed some cash from his grandmother before he left, saying that he was going to the store to buy a drink and would be back soon. None of the three teenagers were employed, and there has been no activity on any of their bank accounts since they disappeared.

-Eva did not own a passport. Jackie and Kevin did not take their passports with them. None of the three owned or had access to a car.

-The three have made no known contact with anyone since disappearing. Eve's best friend said she was not aware of Eve having any problems that could be related to her disappearance.

FindMarissa, as you suggested, Det. Corsi said she believes the three have information that could help the investigation into Phillip Sit's death. So they might have known something about it, and when Phillip's body was discovered, they might have feared that they would get in trouble with the police... Or perhaps, when the body was discovered, they might have become a target of someone who was responsible for Phillip's death... In that case, they might have known they were a target and run away. Although it does seem that it would be difficult for three 17-year-olds to intentionally run away together without leaving any trace, with hardly any money.

Just came across this video, with quite a bit more information provided by Det. Corsi of the York Regional Police:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_VxmWtEfSE

So to summarize, based on these links...

Summer and Sept. 2005 - Eve Ho and her friend Phillip Sit, students at Harbord Collegiate in downtown Toronto, spend a lot of time together with Eve's boyfriend Jackie Li, who lives in Scarborough (approximately 20 km east of downtown Toronto).

Sept. 24, 2005 - Phillip Sit disappears, after telling family members at home, in the early morning hours, that he is going out to meet friends.

Aug. 9, 2006 - Phillip Sit's skeletal remains are found near the side of a rural highway, in York Region, approximately 40 km north of Toronto.

Evening of Aug. 14, 2006 - Eve Ho, Jackie Li, and their friend Kevin Lim (also from Scarborough) disappear.

-Eve and Jackie are believed to have taken their cell phones with them, but there has been no activity on the phones since their disappearance. Jackie is also said to have taken some cash with him. Kevin did not take his cell phone or his wallet. He borrowed some cash from his grandmother before he left, saying that he was going to the store to buy a drink and would be back soon. None of the three teenagers were employed, and there has been no activity on any of their bank accounts since they disappeared.

-Eva did not own a passport. Jackie and Kevin did not take their passports with them. None of the three owned or had access to a car.

-The three have made no known contact with anyone since disappearing. Eve's best friend said she was not aware of Eve having any problems that could be related to her disappearance.

FindMarissa, as you suggested, Det. Corsi said she believes the three have information that could help the investigation into Phillip Sit's death. So they might have known something about it, and when Phillip's body was discovered, they might have feared that they would get in trouble with the police... Or perhaps, when the body was discovered, they might have become a target of someone who was responsible for Phillip's death... In that case, they might have known they were a target and run away. Although it does seem that it would be difficult for three 17-year-olds to intentionally run away together without leaving any trace, with hardly any money.

thanks for the video!
I hope there found soon!
i have always wished this case would have more attention.

I, too, have wondered about this case. At first I thought they were involved in this man's death and on the run but the fact they didn't have passports makes it unbelievable to believe they've left the country (to go to Asia, probably). Kids that age just aren't smart enough, in my opinion, to carry out this type of crime and have a secret bank account and counterfeit passport and escape the country. So, maybe, organized crime? Have their parents been investigated thoroughly? Hmmm... I don't know.

I always have thought someone is hiding \ protecting them . I don't think they went to far away like hong kong. Do you think they planned to meet up and run ? But where would they run ( that's what has always got me ) I wonder why Kevin left his wallet and cell phone maybe he was making it look like he was coming back

I always have thought someone is hiding \ protecting them . I don't think they went to far away like hong kong. Do you think they planned to meet up and run ? But where would they run ( that's what has always got me ) I wonder why Kevin left his wallet and cell phone maybe he was making it look like he was coming back

Yes, strange that he wouldn't take either of those things, unless he planned on not being identifiable... If they really did plan to run away together without being identified, this would definitely be hard without someone else's help. I wonder if investigators were able to go through their cell phone and Internet activity that occurred beofre their disappearance, to see if they had contact with anyone unexpected.

Somehow they know they ran away together , I wonder of they know for sure or how they know

Solving and preventing crime through online relationships
Sept 4, 2009

snipped...'You've got to go face to face with the kids in the community," says Mills, "and continue that relationship with the online social networking. And when we have something to say to help solve a crime, we have a ready-made audience there."

Mills's own epiphany about the cyber world began after the disappearance of those three teens — Eve Ho, 17, her boyfriend Jackie Li, also 17, and Kevin Lim, 18. They vanished five days after the remains of their 17-year-old friend, Phillip Sit, was found in King Township, just north of Toronto in early August, 2006.

Mills was a truant officer at the time, monitoring some of the popular online chat groups to see what kids were up to. When Eve Ho's friends told her school principal at Harbord Collegiate Institute that Ho was missing, it was Mills who took their statement.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2009/08/27/f-crime-solving-social-networks.html

Just found this thread,I had been posting about this very peculiar case in the WS Toronto crimes thread.
Where on earth are these teenagers, I am surprised not to hear it discussed anywhere which is surprising given that these kids attended a trendy downtown highschool.
The parents (especially of the young girl, 16!) must be frantic after these years with no answers whatsoever!

Bumping this case, what happened to these downtown Toronto teenagers?
Wonder if it is ever spoken about in either the high school community or Asian one?

Are the kids alive or dead, where could they be?

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/world/story/1.1335061
Last Updated:May 08, 2013 11:55 AM ET

"Eva Ho, missing since 2006

Eight days after her 17th birthday, Yee Wah (Eva) Ho made arrangements with her best friend to meet up at the Eaton Centre in Toronto. Eva didn't show up and hasn't been heard from or seen since, according to Toronto police.

Her boyfriend, Jackie Li, 17, and their mutual friend, Kevin Lim, 18, went missing the same day, Aug. 14, 2006, and they also have not been seen or heard from since.

What makes this case even more extraordinary is that 11 months earlier, a high school friend of the three, Phillip Ho Sing Sit, 17, also went missing and a week before the three went missing, Sit's skeletal remains were found north of Toronto. York Regional Police say Sit was a homicide victim.

In 2007 Toronto police unveiled a life-sized statue of Eva Ho they had commissioned by local sculptor A.D. Milne. They made Ho the subject of their "first Toronto Crime Stoppers YouTube appeal for information" but their efforts have so far been unsuccessful".

One of the most baffling cases I have heard of. Odd it isn't better known.

Funny, this case has been on my mind lately, where could 3 students be easily hidden?
Does someone hold answers that could help the families know the fate of their loved ones?
How about their schoolmates, maybe some hold a seemingly insignificant piece of information, which might be meaningful now?

I'm surprised this case hasn't gotten more attention. Three teenagers probably murdered to cover up the murder of another teenager.

From what I have read, there had been no "official" report of Phillip Sit's body being found. If this information was really kept confidential by Law Enforcement, it would raise a serious question as to how these three (or anybody party to their disappearance) found out. Most likely, however, word did get out; possibly by Phillip Sit's family and that set in motion the disappearance of the three others.

What happened from there would be all speculation. Assuming that they really didn't have access to money or a car, it would seem any plan to leave or "lay low" would have been very spur of the moment and not really possible without a lot of help from others. Anyone who might have helped them would would have had to be "highly motivated" which can only mean they didn't want the three kids to be talking to Law Enforcement about Sit.

Now it is possible that someone helped them go to the US and get settled there. They could have set up new identities in Canada or even gotten fake passports and fled to Asia, but that starts to run into a lot of money and eventually, one of the three would have contacted their family. Realistically, they were almost certainly killed, probably right after they dropped from sight.

I'm pretty sure they were either directly involved in Sit's murder or they knew enough to finger whoever did. They probably withheld information from Law Enforcement as long as Sit was just a missing person, but once it became a murder investigation, they could no longer be trusted.

The fact that all three disappeared without attracting any attention is significant. It would be difficult and very risky to abduct three teenagers without attracting attention. It would be much cleaner if they could be convinced to go voluntarily with the would be abductor. The only way this could be arranged is if they knew and trusted that person. Kevin told his grandmother he was going to the store to buy a soft drink and never returned. Sounds like it was arranged for him to meet someone.

I don't know if they were in or on the periphery some gang or other criminal activity but I suspect they were involved enough in something so that they observed the "code of silence" when Sit disappeared but, a year later they were no longer trusted to keep quiet.

March 2007
"We had enough possible sightings to lead me to believe they are still alive, but nothing concrete," Mills said, adding sightings were made in Ontario but he wouldn't specify where.

Det. Mike Leone, who is handling Eve Ho's case, said if there have been any new leads they haven't "trickled down" to him.

[video=youtube;I_VxmWtEfSE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_VxmWtEfSE[/video]

There are a number of chat rooms with a lot of content on this case but no resolution.

Phillip Sit lived with relatives before he disappeared because his parents died 2 years earlier. No information on how they died. His disappearance was treated as a routine runaway and no real investigation was done. After his body was found, police started questioning people on his activities during the days before he was gone. Rumor has it that his body was cut into pieces. The dump site was in the forested area beyond Toronto's northern suburbs.

Eva was well known at Harbord Collegiate and a number of students who claim to know her well or be her best friend posted on these sites and they seem to think she was a normal girl with nothing unusual going on in her life in the days before she vanished. They couldn't believe she could have been involved in a murder.

But, nobody seemed to know much about her boyfriend Jackie or his friend Kevin. I find it a little strange that her "best friend" wouldn't know anything about her boyfriend. The people who posted on the site reported that the three boys kept pretty much to themselves. Some mentioned that the way they dressed and wore their hair was suggestive of Asian Gang bangers or "punks" and they were known to hang out at the Eaton Mall where there was a subculture of what was call "gangster wantabes".

Some poster claimed that Toronto Police were notorious for not properly investigating crimes against Asians while others said that if Asian Gangs are involved, nobody is going to talk. Friends of Eva said they were regularly contacted by investigators who always wanted to know if they had heard anything; any rumors.

There were some "possible sightings" but none of the posters claimed to have seen them.

We may never find out what happened. There is some basis for suspicion that the boys were involved in some gang type activity but no evidence. Her friends can't believe she was involved in anything so Eva may, in fact, be just a matter of wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong boyfriend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back