Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Today's current news from the mainstream media - NO DISCUSSIONS

Snip 10% of the article to comply with copyright regulations.

CBS The Early Show - July 9, 2010

Kyron Parents: We Suspect Stepmom
Say Publicly for First Time They Think She Was Involved in His Disappearance; Also Say She Flunked 2 Polygraph Tests

Desiree Young and Kaine Horman sat down for an interview with Priya David Clemens of CBS Portland, Ore. Affiliate KOIN-TV.

They also say Terri Horman failed two polygraph tests.

And Young says she suspected Terri from the start.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/09/earlyshow/main6661166.shtml

CNN

Missing Oregon boy's parents want stepmom to cooperate with police
July 9, 2010 7:30 a.m. EDT

"I'm so angry, I don't have the words," said Young. "She is not taking an active role in trying to find Kyron. She is not telling the truth."
"I've known her for a long time, said Young, "I know she's lying."

snip

Young and Kaine Horman said they have been totally blindsided by the disappearance of their son and by the events that followed.
Terri Horman's lawyer could not be reached for comment later Thursday.

Lt. Mary Lindstrand said the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office had no comment on the allegations made by Kaine Horman.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/08/oregon.missing.boy/index.html?eref=rss_crime

The Oregonian

Kyron Horman's father recalls when marriage to Terri Horman began to sour
Updated: Friday, July 09, 2010, 1:00 AM

Kaine Horman added that he was upset about Terri occupying the family home, keeping him and his daughter out of it.

"Displacing a child for the comfort of an adult. I think we all have our opinions on how appropriate that is," he said.

Article: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_father_recalls_w.html

Note: The first video on this page has an additional interview from the presser, with more questions and answers. For example, Kaine is asked where the baby was the morning Kyron disappeared, and he says the baby was with Terri at the school.

Direct link to video: http://videos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/07/kyron_hormans_parents_share_de.html

I'm working on transcribing the video. I'm just paraphrasing the reporter, but I'm transcribing Kaine and Desiree word for word. This will take a little while, so I'll update this post as I go along and double check my transcription.

Reporter asks where was the baby on the morning Kyron went missing.

Kaine: She was with Terri.

Reporter: Was she with Terri at the school.

Kaine: Yes.

Reporter asks was working at home normal routine.

Kaine: I have the ability to work from home periodically, so on days like that day where Kyron has something special going on I can't always make it to the events, but I can usually get home early and work from home and that way I can meet him at the bus and we can talk about his day. So that's not abnormal at all.

Reporter asks what was that day like and what was night before was like, was it routine?

Kaine: Yeah. Everything just seemed normal. It was normal until he didn't get off the bus, and it went from normal to horrific in, you know, five seconds.

Reporter asks his reaction.

Kaine: I thought he would still be up at school potentially because we had talked about going for a special treat after school because of the fair and his project and everything, so I, my first reaction was well he's probably just waiting up there for us, he didn't take the bus home. Then the bus driver called up to the school, and they confirmed that he hadn't been there all day, and it was just panic after that.

Video is edited. No question from reporter, but Desiree says:

Desiree: At 4:25 I got a call from Susan Hall at the school and um... she told me that I was listed as the emergency notification for Kyron Horman and I said, "yes, he's my son", and she told me that I need to notify you he's missing, and I said, "what?", and she said, "he's missing", and I said, "I don't understand what you mean, he's missing, how can he be missing?", and she said, "I'm sorry, they asked for me to call you", and I said, "okay", and I asked if Terri was there, and she said, "yes", and so I immediately hung up the phone and called Terri and asked her what was going on, I mean...

Reporter asks what did Terri tell you.

Desiree: She said that she had gone to the school for the science fair, that she had um, stayed for a little while, and then she waved at him as he was walking toward his classroom, and she didn't walk him to his classroom, and then she left.

Reporter asks what was your reaction hearing that.

Desiree: um, honestly, my motherly instinct kicked in and um, I said that she better not have done anything to my son because I just didn't feel right about the conversation. It didn't strike me right.

Desiree: At first um, sadness and confusion and (pause) depression, just overwhelming fear, um, and I think now, we've gotten to that point where now we're just angry and determined and we're gonna bring him home. We're running on adrenaline and, and we just want to get it done right now.

Reporter asks Kaine if there were ever any red flags from Terri before he was briefed by LE on the info he now knows.

Kaine: I'd say most of the time since it, since that day.

Desiree: Yeah. Yeah. Each and every day it was something else that I (stumbles on words)

Reporter asks can you elaborate on what that something else was.

Kaine: Just her be..., it's just her behavior.

Desiree: Behavior. Behavior. Things that were said.

Kaine: Things that we would be doing. We would be working with investigators. We would be doing everything that we could and just in the natural course of our actions she'd just was separating herself, I don't think purposely but it was just apparent that the three of us were driving to find him and she was not.

Reporter asks when they first found out Terri failed the polygraph tests.

Kaine: The day that it happened.

Kaine: She was very vocal around family and friends about her results of the test, her apprehensions, her emotional state, everything. So the all the disclosure that we did at the press conference today, that was all straight from her.

Reporter asks if Terri gave reason why she failed the test.

Kaine: Oh lots of reasons.

Desiree: Yeah but we can't talk about them.

At first it started out with something doesn't feel right. I don't feel right about this. And then each time, something would come up, something was said, a feeling I got, you know, it just reinforced it and I would discuss that with them, and this and this and this and this, and before I realized it and, you know, once, I would say once we found out the second polygraph was failed, we both I think kinda turned to the other side more than we were previous and, and I gotta tell you never in a million years could have imagined the horrible truth of what we know now. I mean just... this is the stuff you write in novels. It's not our life. I mean, it's just a little boy, you know. I just don't understand it. (cries)

(Note on above. Desiree stumbles on her words, chokes up, on verge of tears, several times during above. I did not note all that. She's emotional, having a hard time, and in pain. I'm declining to document 'ums' and stumbles, out of respect, and to capture instead, what she is trying to tell us, her words.)

Reporter asks about being at pressers with Terri.

Desiree: Extremely frustrating. It's hard for me because I'm not really a fake person, what you see is, I wear my emotions, and I don't have a face that I put on for other people and it's extremely difficult to stand next to somebody you know is lying about your son and where he is and to not have some emotion about that.

Reporter asks Kaine what it was like to have suspicions and hear the new info. What is reaction.

Kaine: Just reinforces that we're on the right track. Reinforces where we need to look for him as far as who and the path to go down.

Reporter asks do you think Terri could have hired someone to kidnap Kyron.

Kaine: I think there's a lot of scenarios of things that she could have done, you know, how do we, how do we... our speculation on it or our opinion is that we hope that that's the case I think but that's about as, I don't know, I don't know what else do you want to say about it (looking at Desiree), but that's what we're hoping at this point is that she did hire someone and that someone is taking care of him right now.

Reporter asks how do you know Kyron is still alive.

Desiree: I just... We haven't gotten any information that would tell us that he's not, and we just keep holding onto that, and I, I don't know, I just feel like he's still out there and he's just waiting for us and he's scared.

Reporter asks do you think he's here in Multnomah county or elsewhere.

Desiree: You know we were talking about the fact that they were kinda behind the eight ball on this, I mean having six and a half hours, you know, behind before we started searching for him before anything happened. That puts us in a precarious situation cause he could be out of state by that point. I honestly don't know, I mean he could be anywhere but I'm leaning toward somewhere in Oregon but I really truly don't know where.

Reporter asks how do you get through next 24 hours.

Kaine: He's not home. That's enough.

Desiree: Yeah. You just fight to make that happen. Whatever you gotta do.

Kaine: We're slowly integrating in with work and other activities a little bit here, a little bit there, just to make sure that we have things ready for him when he comes home. He needs to come home to a house. He needs to come home to a family, and there's certain things we have to do in order to get those things kind of back to a more normal state, but as far as day to day, you wake up, he's not home. First thing we do is talk to law enforcement and see what we have to do that day and then everything else just kinda falls into place around it.

(snip two questions with info about Kyron. significant: two moles on his face. one under right eye, one on right cheek back towards ear.)

Reporter asks about no arrests having been made, asks about LE being emotional, about what they want people to know about Kyron.

(snip answer because I'm tired lol. sorry. maybe someone else could volunteer to transcribe these.)

Koin
Desiree Young: "I had feelings about this (Terri) when I got the (first) phone call"Last Update: 8:33 am

Kaine Horman and Desiree Young lashed out at Terri Moulton Horman, telling reporters Kyron Horman’s stepmother failed two polygraph tests and stating they believe she had something to do with the 7-year-old’s disappearance.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/loca...ring-police-sting/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

CBS The Early Show

Kyron's Parents Suspect Stepmother
July 9, 2010 7:51 AM

The parents of Kyron Horman believe that stepmother, Terri Horman may be involved in the boy's disappearance. Priya David Clemens reports.

Video: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6661870n&tag=related;photovideo

Kaine says in this that Terri walked out in the middle of her first polygraph. Also says he's not aware that either he or Terri was involved with anyone else. Also talks about PPD.

KPTV Fox 12 Oregon
Kyron's Mom To CNN: 'I Know She's Involved'
POSTED: 8:11 am PDT July 9, 2010
UPDATED: 8:33 am PDT July 9, 2010

"I said, 'What in the hell is going on?' She informed me that she had gone to the science fair that morning and she did not walk into his classroom, but saw him walk toward his classroom and that was the last she saw him," Young told CNN. "He was marked absent at 10."

snip

When CNN's reporter asked Young if there was any doubt in her mind that Terri Horman was involved, she replied, "No. I know she's involved."
Young also said she suspects that Terri Horman did not act alone.

CNN: "Do you think she would have done this alone?"

Desiree Young: "I don't believe so because honestly she didn't take out a contract on her husband alone, so I think she probably needed help. But that's speculation. It's not proven and I don't have any evidence to say that's the case, but I think it helps me feel better about the situation if that's the case.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24197226/detail.html

New Press Release from the Sheriff's office

Multnomah County Sheriff's Office has no comments regarding the July 8, 2010 Young/Horman press conferences - 07/08/10

There will be no comment from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office regarding the information reported during the Horman/Young July 8, 2010 press conferences. The information released in during these conferences did NOT come from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. This is an ongoing investigation.

There is no press conference scheduled.

The tip line is open, if there are tips or information related to the Kyron Horman missing person case please call the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office tip line at 503 261-2847. If someone believes they have had an actual sighting of Kyron Hormon call 911.

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

"I believe respondent is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron," Kaine Horman wrote. "I also recently learned that respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me. The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements to be true."
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_father_recalls_w.html

Does this mean police have real info that Terri is involved? Sure sounds like it!

(Hope this is okay...hope its not a discussion?)

The Oregonian
Multnomah County DA's office has spent nearly $50,000 on Kyron Horman investigation
Published: Friday, July 09, 2010, 1:54 PM
Updated: Friday, July 09, 2010, 1:59 PM

The Multnomah County District Attorney's office has spent about $50, 000 so far on the Kyron Horman investigation, representing about 830 hours of work involving six prosecutors and three investigators assigned to the office.

District Attorney Michael Schrunk, though, plans to join with Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton and ask the county board later this month for more resources.

"We re going to do whatever is necessary to get this thing wrapped up, but it's not without costs to other parts of the office," Schrunk said. "This is an extraordinary case."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/multnomah_county_das_office_ha.html

Parents Point to Stepmom in Kyron's Disappearance

snipped

During an interview on NBC's "Today" this morning, Kaine Horman and Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Young, were asked whether they thought Terri Horman was capable of hurting a child.

"If you'd asked me before this situation, my answer's no, [but] based upon what I know now, I don't know," Kaine Horman said.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...g-point-to-stepmom-terri-horman/19548578?icid

Kaine Horman: Kyron’s Stepmom Walked Out on Polygraph (With Audio Clip)

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/09/kaine-horman-kyrons-stepmom-walked-out-on-polygraph/

Kaine Horman, father of 7-year-old Kyron Horman, tells WW the missing boy’s stepmom walked out of her second polygraph test before investigators even began asking questions.

“The first red flag is failed test. Second red flag is walking out in the middle of the second one. And the third red flag is, I’m going to fight law enforcement as long as I possibly can to absolutely refuse to take a polygraph,” he said. “After 10 days, she finally breaks down, goes back, takes another one, and she fails.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong