813 users online (119 members and 694 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 286
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,793

    If Terri didn't do it, then why.....

    This is a spin off thread
    If Terri didn't do it, then why would LE so obviously be focusing on her?
    Why would Kaine and Desiree purposely have these press confrences, pointing at Terri and away from the potential "real suspect"?

    I have read that Terri is being framed...
    That she is the scapegoat, and various other theories,
    Can someone PLEASE help me understand why, LE and/or Kaine and Desiree would ruin this womans life, take away her child, paint her in such a horrible light, and point everyone away from who really took Kyron, if they didn't absolutely beleive she is responsible?
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

    YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

    Motion granted.

    Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    406
    I am on the fence, but trying to place devils advocate- for me, the answer is made by turning your question around and saying "If Terri is guilty, why hasn't she been named a POI or been arrested"? Because they don't have the evidence. Being the last KNOWN person so see someone who goes missing doesnt a guilty person make. Look at Gary Condit and Chandra Levy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    196
    She may have been involved with many other bad things, including stuff that she was doing on the day Kyron disappeared, that make her look suspicous, but yet had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance.

    That's kind of weak, but all I can think of.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    She may have been involved with many other bad things, including stuff that she was doing on the day Kyron disappeared, that make her look suspicous, but yet had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance.

    That's kind of weak, but all I can think of.
    I don't think that is weak, I think it is very possible.

    Also, I still have a hard time explaining TH getting Kyron out of the school with our anyone seeing anything. Anybody. If she did, then she should go buy some lottery tickets because that is some really great luck!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjonnob View Post
    I am on the fence, but trying to place devils advocate- for me, the answer is made by turning your question around and saying "If Terri is guilty, why hasn't she been named a POI or been arrested"? Because they don't have the evidence. Being the last KNOWN person so see someone who goes missing doesnt a guilty person make. Look at Gary Condit and Chandra Levy.
    Now that question I can answer... They rarely publically name a POI or suspect anymore, for legal reasons. I beleive that they are naming her through Kaine and Desiree. Why have they not arrested her? I beleive it is because they want to find Kyron, I think they may have enough circumstantial evidence but nothing concrete and without a body, there is always the thought of Jaycee Dugard, Elizabeth Smart and Steven Stayner, is he really gone or could he still be alive. Also if they arrest her now then they have to start the judicial process, if this went to trial and they dont have their ducks in a row and she got off and later they did find concrete proff they have the double jeopardy issue.
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

    YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

    Motion granted.

    Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjonnob View Post
    I don't think that is weak, I think it is very possible.

    Also, I still have a hard time explaining TH getting Kyron out of the school with our anyone seeing anything. Anybody. If she did, then she should go buy some lottery tickets because that is some really great luck!
    In the same respect how could ANYONE get him out of the school without being seen? I dont know the answer to that but somehow he got out of the school and no one saw.
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

    YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

    Motion granted.

    Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly1978 View Post
    Now that question I can answer... They rarely publically name a POI or suspect anymore, for legal reasons. I beleive that they are naming her through Kaine and Desiree. Why have they not arrested her? I beleive it is because they want to find Kyron, I think they may have enough circumstantial evidence but nothing concrete and without a body, there is always the thought of Jaycee Dugard, Elizabeth Smart and Steven Stayner, is he really gone or could he still be alive. Also if they arrest her now then they have to start the judicial process, if this went to trial and they dont have their ducks in a row and she got off and later they did find concrete proff they have the double jeopardy issue.
    Good points.

    I wonder though if arresting her might expedite her confession (if she is guilty) because she would be hoping to negotiate a deal.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjonnob View Post
    Good points.

    I wonder though if arresting her might expedite her confession (if she is guilty) because she would be hoping to negotiate a deal.
    I hope I am wrong but she went through all this and at this point, she probably feels justified in what she has done (<--IF she has done anything) because of what everyone has said about her. I doubt she will ever confess, she would have to have a conscience and anyone who harms a child does have a conscience. IMO
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

    YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

    Motion granted.

    Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,066
    I think they truly want to believe she did something. And maybe she did.

    Five suspicious sticking points:

    1. She was the last person to see Kyron. This is what LE has said. We have all kinds of reports to the contrary, ie. student saw Kyron after SM left, etc, but LE has said Terri was the last to see him inside the school.

    2. That pesky doctor's appointment. Why are the details such a big secret? Either he had the appointment or he didn't. Did the teacher really believe he had the appointment that day? Then why did she state that Kyron had probably gone to the bathroom or to get a drink of water? And then there are some reports that say none of that was said. Confusing, yes.

    3. The report of the cell phone pings. I am not so sure how accurate this might be....I have heard that pings can bounce off towers not in the area where you are located, etc. I have no knowledge about this. If the phone is pinging on the Island and she denies being on the island, this is suspicious.

    4. The report of the landscaper story. The landscaper says TH tried to hire him to kill her husband. Really? LE hangs a lot on this claim. (too much maybe?) I'm not sure though. LE wires up the landscaper and sends him to TH's front door with an undercover cop. What was that about? Terri wastes no time in reported a "threat." To me, it seems this one thing tore Kaine up the most...and understandably. LE told him they wouldn't be surprised if she had tried to hire others. So there has to be more things we don't know....

    5. Shaky lie detector results. Not sure if one or both of the tests hinted at Terri's evasiveness. From what I've read, everyone tests differently on these things...and the expert giving the test plays a big part in deciphering the results. No details on the questions she may have flunked.

    There is nothing concrete here...nothing that would lead to TH's arrest. But she is convicted in the blogging world. The public hates her.
    I just can't quit trying to figure out: what would she have done with Kyron? why would she have done it? ....and why is LE, Kaine and the rest so certain that Kyron is still living?
    I pray he is....please come home Kyron.....
    Last edited by grandmaj; 07-09-2010 at 02:52 AM. Reason: removed sentence with rumor in it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    the restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    922
    The gardener saying Terri tried to have her husband killed. That was the clincher; someone who would do that would definitely hurt or hide a child.

    But I am not convinced about this gardener. Why wouldn't he have gone to the police immediately? Why, after Kyron went missing, did he not come forward but have to be found and questioned instead?

    Why the 911 calls IMMEDIATELY when he came to talk to her? Is that what someone would do if she really did ask him to kill her husband?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,793
    LE seems to have an instinct, they are around criminals ALL the time. I beleive there is more than just shaky poly's, possable cell pings, and a MFH plot.

    Why have we not heard any more about the camera requests from local businesses? Why hasn't Terri come out to refute any of these claims? Why has she not faught tooth and nail for her baby back? Maybe no one saw anything but what if someone took photos that showed something. The information that we have heard is information that LE wants us to hear. I cant see them ruining an innocent persons life on a whim.
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

    YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

    Motion granted.

    Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by tragco View Post
    The gardener saying Terri tried to have her husband killed. That was the clincher; someone who would do that would definitely hurt or hide a child.

    But I am not convinced about this gardener. Why wouldn't he have gone to the police immediately? Why, after Kyron went missing, did he not come forward but have to be found and questioned instead?

    Why the 911 calls IMMEDIATELY when he came to talk to her? Is that what someone would do if she really did ask him to kill her husband?
    Honestly I think that was pretty dumb on LE's part..... I mean IF I had done something to my child and I knew that I was on LE's radar and suddenly someone from my past came knocking at my door with something that I knew was a crime and I knew I was being watched. I would have done the same thing. Only a complete moran would have fallen for that....
    Beleive me I LOVE LE and think they are great but come on that wasn't real smart at least not so soon after Kyron had disappeard
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

    YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

    Motion granted.

    Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    the restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly1978 View Post
    Honestly I think that was pretty dumb on LE's part..... I mean IF I had done something to my child and I knew that I was on LE's radar and suddenly someone from my past came knocking at my door with something that I knew was a crime and I knew I was being watched. I would have done the same thing. Only a complete moran would have fallen for that....
    Beleive me I LOVE LE and think they are great but come on that wasn't real smart at least not so soon after Kyron had disappeard
    Excellent point. I REALLY want to hear the 911 calls. I hope they will be released.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18
    She failed the lie detector tests, she is not protesting her innocence, she is not actively involved in trying to locate Kyron...those are some of the main reasons I think she's involved. Some say they don't see how she could have gotten him out of the school without anyone seeing...well...Somebody got him out of there without anyone seeing otherwise Kyron would have been at the school when police searched. So, since we know that somebody got him out, why not Terri? She worked there and knew the building, the schedules, the school policies like the back of her hand. We know Kyron wouldn't have gone with a stranger so, put that together with her knowledge of the school and she becomes the most obvious suspect.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247
    Well, I can see how a husband might come to hate his wife passionately and a woman might hate her ex's new wife equally passionately and they might have their reasons to see her as resident evil, deserved or not.

    But I tend to think that the RO petition wouldn't have said that LE has shown him probable cause if LE hadn't said something that could be interpreted that way.

    If LE had convinced Kyron's parents that Terri is guilty without having something concrete they would have some serious explaining to do, and similarly if they allow them to hold pressers branding her as guilty without any attempts to discourage it if the only source of the belief in her guilt is their personal hatred of her.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. The one that didn't get away
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 01:03 PM