2010.07.09 - Evidence List for Inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomo

Reaction score
I thought is would be interesting to start a thread on this issue.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/category/caylee-and-casey-anthony

When is the defense every going to stop playing these games. It makes for interesting public consumption, but really, this is unbelievable!

What will Judge Perry Jr.'s reaction going to be? "Keep in mind"...he almost lost his patience at the last hearing. I think that there is going to be some serious scolding coming.

"Keep in mind"... that there are so many issues that are going to be raised at the July 15th hearing plus the AL quitting, CM taking on another high profile case, this goofy "link" to a property list. What next? :loser:

Your link doesn't work for me but I assume you are talking about the way that JB is trying to get around the Sunshine Law by sending the list to the judge and not the clerk's office. I can't decide whether I think he's playing the "my client is above the law" card again or if he seriously doesn't know the proper way to file court documents. Either way it's ridiculous. In this case, I don't see why it even matters to him if the list is made public but I've given up trying to figure out his strange reasoning. I can't wait until the 15th!:gavel:

It isn't even clear to me IF the defense submitted a list in the form that was outlined in the order.

Has anyone seen the order?

I don't think the Judge wants to sort through property forms that are not categorized and difficult to read as scanned copies. What "link" other than poor quality forms would they have sent to the Judge?

I guess the media will clarify it for us...(thanks to the very hard working reporters out there!).

This sounds like the State agrees that the Defense did what they are supposed to do about the list of evidence.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...-evidence-list-judge-20100708,0,2877534.story

excerpt:
The notice of compliance was filed shortly before 11:30 a.m. It was filed by attorneys J. Cheney Mason and Jose Baez.
The notice says the defense team met with prosecutors Monday and went through evidence property forms submitted by the Orange County Sheriff's Office. "The defense selected all items it wishes to inspect," the document states.
The documents requested are not public records, a spokesman for the State Attorney's Office said Thursday.
The prosecution and defense kept copies of the list of evidence to be inspected and "the defense is also providing a copy to this honorable court forthwith," the notice says.

This sounds like the State agrees that the Defense did what they are supposed to do about the list of evidence.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...-evidence-list-judge-20100708,0,2877534.story

excerpt:
The notice of compliance was filed shortly before 11:30 a.m. It was filed by attorneys J. Cheney Mason and Jose Baez.
The notice says the defense team met with prosecutors Monday and went through evidence property forms submitted by the Orange County Sheriff's Office. "The defense selected all items it wishes to inspect," the document states.
The documents requested are not public records, a spokesman for the State Attorney's Office said Thursday.
The prosecution and defense kept copies of the list of evidence to be inspected and "the defense is also providing a copy to this honorable court forthwith," the notice says.

Highlighted in RED by me.

I wonder what they have requested that we have not seen yet. And why has that evidence not been released?

Interesting! Thanks TT!

Highlighted in RED by me.

I wonder what they have requested that we have not seen yet. And why has that evidence not been released?

Interesting! Thanks TT!

As I understand it, the defense does not have to release or let us know what evidence they are interested in...because this would help us to figure out what their arguments may be. It could reveal their case. I'm just confused as to why the prosecutors get to know what evidence they are interested in :waitasec:

As I understand it, the defense does not have to release or let us know what evidence they are interested in...because this would help us to figure out what their arguments may be. It could reveal their case. I'm just confused as to why the prosecutors get to know what evidence they are interested in :waitasec:

The prosecution has a right to know apparently. But it would seem the defense doesn't want the public to know, not because it matters to the case if they reveal their strategy to the general public, but perhaps because it might matter to them if the public saw how flimsy it is. Like we already haven't!

I thought is would be interesting to start a thread on this issue.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/category/caylee-and-casey-anthony

When is the defense every going to stop playing these games. It makes for interesting public consumption, but really, this is unbelievable!

What will Judge Perry Jr.'s reaction going to be? "Keep in mind"...he almost lost his patience at the last hearing. I think that there is going to be some serious scolding coming.

"Keep in mind"... that there are so many issues that are going to be raised at the July 15th hearing plus the AL quitting, CM taking on another high profile case, this goofy "link" to a property list. What next? :loser:

I thought the judge seemed fully aware in the hearing the games the defense has been and is being subjected to. Well the defense will now finally have the tips from two years ago at least (pretty sad they didn't get those way back then.) Hopefully soon they'll get to examine some of the "evidence". Finally. And not in an unairconditioned garage, LOL.

I thought the judge seemed fully aware in the hearing the games the defense has been and is being subjected to. Well the defense will now finally have the tips from two years ago at least (pretty sad they didn't get those way back then.) Hopefully soon they'll get to examine some of the "evidence". Finally. And not in an unairconditioned garage, LOL.
There are more tips than the ones we've already seen?

Yup...it's about time the defense did something...though I do think the wait was because they needed to find some experts.

excerpt:
Somebody better notify the media 'cause they're all thinking the judge may release the info when he gets back from vacation.

Can you please enlighten me to the "games the defense has been and is being subjected to"? I'm unaware of the SAs playing any games. As far as I know the SAs have done exactly what they have been ordered to do and on time. The tips were available way back then, the defense didn't want to pay the proper costs for them (if I recall correctly). The defense also didn't want to comply with the judges ruling on the searchers records. So how is that the fault of the SAs? How is that a game that the SAs are playing? Sorry but this is very confusing to me.

BBM
:waitasec:
this article was about tips?
snipped from article
"The documents requested are not public records, a spokesman for the State Attorney's Office said Thursday."

I thought "tips" are subject to the sunshine laws, though I could be wrong.

I remember in a hearing 1-2 months ago that Judge Perry gave Baez the authorization to use the State funds given to Casey to pay for the tips they had yet to go and pick up, that were ready many many many months ago.
I sure hope he has done so since he was given the order to do so by Judge Perry.

What GAMES are you talking about? Did I miss something? SA has said repeatedly, repeatedly to both HHJS and HHJP that the evidence is available for the defense to have their experts examine......defense has NEVER filed a listing of their expert witnesses or requested to view these items until now. Not when JB had all that money....not then, but now. Interesting to know how many EXPERTS they had to go through before they could get someone who would be willing to challenge the evidence collected by LE. I do not believe any of the prosecutors believe this is a game...not by the way JA presented the duct tape sceniero in court and not by the way LDB said she was protecting the rights of the victim. Those tips, they could have had them too when he had the money but did not pick them up. The depositions are another example of something that should have been done after the state released their's to the defense. TES records also, no excuse for their behavior. If they wanted the records they were suppose to put a sticky tab on them and the judge would review them. Did they tab any records? Of course not because there was nothing to tab. Attorney MN was telling the truth and they felt they were wasting their time so they left and tried to blame the media.

If you ask me the only game player is the one who always has a grin on his face like he did something and got away with it. jmo

WFTV has this article which says the list is public record except that it wasn't actually filed in the clerk's office. I'd be very interested to see what it is the defense is trying to dance around. I have a feeling that the only thing they are trying to hide is that they don't have a plan.

WFTV has this article which says the list is public record except that it wasn't actually filed in the clerk's office. I'd be very interested to see what it is the defense is trying to dance around. I have a feeling that the only thing they are trying to hide is that they don't have a plan.

Kind of stupid. When you try to hide things as the defense, it makes you look as if you're client is guilty. jmo

What GAMES are you talking about? Did I miss something? SA has said repeatedly, repeatedly to both HHJS and HHJP that the evidence is available for the defense to have their experts examine......defense has NEVER filed a listing of their expert witnesses or requested to view these items until now. Not when JB had all that money....not then, but now. Interesting to know how many EXPERTS they had to go through before they could get someone who would be willing to challenge the evidence collected by LE. I do not believe any of the prosecutors believe this is a game...not by the way JA presented the duct tape sceniero in court and not by the way LDB said she was protecting the rights of the victim. Those tips, they could have had them too when he had the money but did not pick them up. The depositions are another example of something that should have been done after the state released their's to the defense. TES records also, no excuse for their behavior. If they wanted the records they were suppose to put a sticky tab on them and the judge would review them. Did they tab any records? Of course not because there was nothing to tab. Attorney MN was telling the truth and they felt they were wasting their time so they left and tried to blame the media.

If you ask me the only game player is the one who always has a grin on his face like he did something and got away with it. jmo

I just happened to come across a site that describes this whole case, chronologically. Took me a while to read. At WS, we kinda read piecemeal here as new things come up. But when you go over it all, in its entirety, its ASTOUNDING how much evidence there is. That is why LE is so calm and quiet. The defense can play all the games it wants...there is NO WAY out...

I just happened to come across a site that describes this whole case, chronologically. Took me a while to read. At WS, we kinda read piecemeal here as new things come up. But when you go over it all, in its entirety, its ASTOUNDING how much evidence there is. That is why LE is so calm and quiet. The defense can play all the games it wants...there is NO WAY out...

That is why I just do not get the A's. They know what all the evidence is and they still refuse to believe KC was responsible for her daughter's death. Just look at the state's list. So is everyone on the list a liar. And wasn't it bad enough that KC cleaned out Amy's checking account but then you have CA pointing a finger at Amy as being responsible for Caylee's disappearance. I don't know how they will live with themselves when reality strikes. I think Amy's testimony will have quite an impact. Who does that to your best friend and not just the money, the moving in together, the lies, talk about betrayal. How many character witnesses will defense have? jmo

If you can't post the link to the site are you allowed to say the name of the site? I think all of us would be interested in seeing the evidence in it's entirety:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell