817 users online (106 members and 711 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

ATTN: All CSI and Dexter fans

It was established early on that Terri likes CSI as it was listed on her FB and we think that might be a good reason Kyron was wearing a CSI TShirt.

I do not watch any CSI shows and can't help with this quest, but is there a CSI show that Terri might have modeled if she is responsible for Kyron's disappearance?

I used to be an avid CSI/Las Vegas fan but haven't kept up with it for the last year or so. I do recall one episode about a very small boy who was kidnapped and held at a warehouse type building. I will do a little sleuthing and see if I can come up with more details.
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

I don't watch the show but someone mentioned an episode called Wolfe in Sheeps Clothing where a child is kidnapped from school. Here is what I found:
    Cut to Caine, who examines security footage from Billy Gantry's school. Sure enough, he spies a white van pulling up in front o the school. Out of the van emerges a man, who snatches up the boy. Zooming in close, Caine gets a license plate number. He tracks the number to a Sweet Keys Sugar, Inc. -- a refinery! Caine then heads to the refinery to find Colton with a giant bag of money. In a FLASHBACK, we see Colton taking the money from the victim's safe and base jumping. "Where's the boy?" Caine growls.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1256054/synopsis

I have watched tons and tons of CSI ! I love it, I'll have to think back and see if anything clicks, I'll talk to hubby as well he likes it too !
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Apparently there is an episode very much like what has happened here, except with the result being that the mother was trying to protect another child in the home who was the culprit, and so tried to pin it on the school...at least that is what I read here when this all first happened. I don't recall that episode but I don't watch it anymore.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    It was established early on that Terri likes CSI as it was listed on her FB and we think that might be a good reason Kyron was wearing a CSI TShirt.

I do not watch any CSI shows and can't help with this quest, but is there a CSI show that Terri might have modeled if she is responsible for Kyron's disappearance?
    Great idea kimster! Maybe we should also look at shows that might murder to hire.

There is also an episode called "Gentle, Gentle" in which the parents report the kidnapping of an infant and it turns out that the baby's older brother (3 years old) had accidentally killed the child and the parents were trying to cover for him. This one really makes me think of the JonBenet case though, right down to the ransom note the parents wrote. Sorry, o/t.

It's looking like there could be dozens of episodes of this show that could hold possible clues! "Chaos Theory" revolves around a young girl missing from her university. It seems as though she just disappeared off the face of the earth when actually she was hit by a car and the driver disposed of her body in the trash. There was no murder or kidnapping even though evidence leads to several people with real motive.

sleuthy sleutherson is offline Love is patient, love is kind, love is not envious, boastful, arrogant or rude
    Love CSI, haven't watched in a year though. Being there are 3 different CSI shows, Vegas, Miami and New York, not sure which she watched or watched all 3.

It could very well be a mixture of several episodes, something specific about different episodes that got her attention and she created her own....of course just pure speculation since we are talking about if she got the idea from CSI.
    Our lives begin to end the day we become
    silent about things that matter

I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be "happy."
    I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible,
    to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter:
    to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all

What a good catch Kimster thanks. I'm not a fan of fiction so sorry I'm of no help. Wish I were. I try to watch those but they're too make believe. They're probably more closely patterned after real life than I imagine. You've got me thinking now.

If the CSI thing even remotely is similar that would be interesting for sure....I really believe this was done to put the guilt on the school.......possibly some anger issue with the system maybe? Dunno...still doesn't explain why she would even want to make him.............I can't write it.....just have to let my mind stop here.
    Here.

Yes actually, I posted this back on June 19th....

CSI Season 5 Episode 3 - Harvest

Woman (with lots of red hair, actually) goes to school to pick up her child. Very impatiently waiting, honking the horn.

Teacher comes over and asks if something is wrong.

Mother asks what is taking the child so long as they have a doctor's appointment.

Teacher says child is not at school.

Mother says she has to be there, she saw her leave for school that morning.

Teacher says she hasn't been in any of her classes that day.

It is alleged that the child was abducted from outside a convenience store while she was with her sister.

They find the child's body and determine she was dead before she was reported kidnapped.

They are suspicious of the mother apparently liking the other children more
    than the murdered child. Possibly only using the murdered child to help save her favorite child, the son who had a terminal illness.

The blanket she was wrapped in match fibers in the house. The boot prints match the father's boots.

It ended up being the brother who killed her to save the girl from having to keep "saving" him, then the parents covered it up and the sister faked the kidnapping.

I tried to find this somewhere else, but couldn't. I was really only looking for a clip, but this is the whole episode. The first few minutes covers the school and reported abduction part.

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/csi/vide...harvest?part=1

It is: CSI aka CSI Las Vegas - Season 5 Episode 3 - Harvest, If anyone finds it somewhere that will play faster than this link...or has a shorter clip let me know.
    Last edited by MsFacetious; 07-10-2010 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Yes actually, I posted this back on June 19th....

CSI Season 5 Episode 3 - Harvest

Woman (with lots of red hair, actually) goes to school to pick up her child. Very impatiently waiting, honking the horn.

Teacher comes over and asks if something is wrong.

Mother asks what is taking the child so long as they have a doctor's appointment.

Teacher says child is not at school.

Mother says she has to be there, she saw her leave for school that morning.

Teacher says she hasn't been in any of her classes that day.

It is alleged that the child was abducted from outside a convenience store while she was with her sister.

They find the child's body and determine she was dead before she was reported kidnapped.

They are suspicious of the mother apparently liking the other children more
    than the murdered child. Possibly only using the murdered child to help save her favorite child, the son who had a terminal illness.

The blanket she was wrapped in match fibers in the house. The boot prints match the father's boots.

It ended up being the brother who killed her to save the girl from having to keep "saving" him, then the parents covered it up and the sister faked the kidnapping.

I tried to find this somewhere else, but couldn't. I was really only looking for a clip, but this is the whole episode. The first few minutes covers the school and reported abduction part.

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/csi/vide...harvest?part=1

It is: CSI Season 5 Episode 3 - Harvest, If anyone finds it somewhere that will play faster than this link...or has a shorter clip let me know. I'm pretty sure it is just regular CSI because it doesn't say otherwise. But someone who is a avid fan will be able to tell from the characters and I can edit if it's Miami or something.
    This is just chilling in light of everything going on in this case.
    Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    It's been suggested the tshirt is from the exhibit at the Oregon Museum of Science & Industry/OMSI:

OMSIís CSI: The Experience: Crime Scenes For Kids
    http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2009/05/...enes-for-kids/
    ca May 09

Quote Originally Posted by pdx View Post
    It's been suggested the tshirt is from the exhibit at the Oregon Museum of Science & Industry/OMSI:

OMSI’s CSI: The Experience: Crime Scenes For Kids
    http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2009/05/...enes-for-kids/
    ca May 09
    Thanks that is very interesting...I never heard of exhibit like that.
    I wonder if Kyron went? It does seem like Kyron and family did a lot of family trips.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast