• Undecided

Votes: 22 11.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gitana1

Verified Attorney
Reaction score
It's both racist and sexist. Here, he states how his girlfriend dresses so slu**y that she asking to be raped by a pack of "n" words. http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...-gibsons-explosive-racist-rant-listen-it-here

I swear this guy has a mental problem of some kind. I stopped watching his movies after his anti-semitic, drunken rant. But I think there's something more to this than just a racist loser. He used to make great movies. Now he just seems nutso. What do you think?

How sad is this? I had always loved him and his movies. Listening to him makes me sick. He is a very sick man.

mel-gibson.jpg

How sad is this? I had always loved him and his movies. Listening to him makes me sick. He is a very sick man.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. He sounds and looks like somethings wrong. Brain tumor? Dementia? Drugs or alcohol? he seems to have changed so, so much. Unless he's just been great at hiding his true nature all these years and now simply does not care. I don't know.

He is just plain ugly. He left his wife and kids and went with this woman. I think we are going to see her pictures soon of when he knocked her tooth out,

Are they sure it's him on that recording? It sounded kind of bad-acting-ish to me. Not that I don't think Gibson's probably gone off the deep end, but something about that recording . . .

I think they are pretty sure. Radar online could be sued if they were wrong. Plus, his agency dropped him like a hot potato after it came out. It does sound weird though. But, I have clients who talk like that - sounds all disjointed and stilted but they're just crazy.

I'm thinking early signs of alcohol related dementia! I've read he's been a drinker for years and I'm sure much was hidden in the early years when his star was rising.
Strange how this "christian" who was so blessed with family, fame, wealth, etc-who made wonderful films including The Passion of Christ should turn out so crazy, mean and bitter!!:waitasec:

not that I'm defending him in any way, but why is she in the same vicinity as him after he supposedly knocked her teeth out - she's recording him yet she's afraid for her life?

don't people who are afraid for their life get as far away from the perpetrator as possible, especially when they have the luxury of not being financially dependant on their spouse?

and now onto him - how does he not know whether the mother of his child has breast implants? or is he so messed up that he can't even think reasonably?

I wasn't able to hear the video in my country but I read the disgusting words and I think he's an alcoholic, possibly self-medicating a psychiatric illness

yep, he's one sick puppy

too bad - I used to adore him and his work

I don't like the man - haven't since his DUI arrest when he called the officer "sugar t*ts". He's mean and vile and shouldn't be allowed near his daughter. It could be one of those cases where the baby reminds him of the girlfriend, and wam, no more baby. I do believe it could be alcohol dementia - he clearly sounded wasted to me.

MOO

Mel

He's a flat out drunk who has some weird sense of entitlement. I did hear somewhere that he claimed he was bipolar, but I just think that by saying that it gives all people who have bipolar disorder a bad rap. (How dare he!)
Here's an old interview with GMA after his drunk rant with the cop.
He needs to seriously detox, and stay sober. Booze is NOT his friend.

[video=youtube;8YHccyFZKPU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YHccyFZKPU[/video]

Brassband,

Thanks for that reminder video. The dude flat out scares me. If he were in a position of real power, can you imagine what he'd do (Hitler comes to mind).

There's something going on there - whether it's alcohol abuse, bi=polar, pshyzophrenia (sp?) -- or all jumbled together.

In any case, he's one freaky-dink.

MOO

Mel

It's so unfortunate that he has derogatory views on those of another race, another religion, and against the female gender as well.

He is a talented director, and he was fairly good actor in the character roles he played when he was young. JMHO.

But to take all of that (misogyny, racism, anti-semitism, homophobic) and couple it with a raging alcohol addiction, a sense of entitlement from having been a star and having been treated to star status, throw in a possible mental illness and you have a disaster.

I'm not sure where the real part of him begins and the addiction possible mental illness begins.

While I do feel sorry for him, I can't pay to watch his movies anymore. His belief system is too contradictory to mine. JMHO.

Which is saying a lot because I do make an effort when reading literature (from past eras) to overlook those same things by understanding that those author's were a product of their times.

I foresee a very sad ending to an even more sad existence.

When I see his pictures and videos lately, the look in his eyes is downright scarey....the eyes of insane. Something is so wrong with this guy IMO.

I think they are pretty sure. Radar online could be sued if they were wrong. Plus, his agency dropped him like a hot potato after it came out. It does sound weird though. But, I have clients who talk like that - sounds all disjointed and stilted but they're just crazy.

My issue is the alleged physical abuse - that's an issue that can't be overlooked.

I think it's hypocritical to say his speech is so offensive and so racist that he shouldn't be supported in movies, but other show people who are so vile towards groups it's ok to be offensive about are lauded (ie letterman, kayne, kathy griffith, etc)

I don't like the man - haven't since his DUI arrest when he called the officer "sugar t*ts". He's mean and vile and shouldn't be allowed near his daughter. It could be one of those cases where the baby reminds him of the girlfriend, and wam, no more baby. I do believe it could be alcohol dementia - he clearly sounded wasted to me.

MOO

Mel

I'm with you mgardner. He scares me. I feel for his kids.

Problem with people like Gibson is they get away with so much because of their perceived power. People won't stand up to them. You add alcohol abuse to the situation and you have a recipe for disaster.

He has ruined his career. His talent agency dropped him and I doubt anyone will ever give him the financing to make another move. Even if he pays for it himself he won't get the support he needs to distribute it.

I don't blame her one bit for recording this. Now the real Mel Gibson emerges for all to see.

I was done with him after the Holocaust debacle and when he attempted to have meaningful discussion regarding his father's views. Daddy taught his son well, which makes me fear for Mel's kids too.

What a waste. I loved Braveheart.

Wow! First time hearing this, I think he is going off the deep end. That is surley him on that recording, what disrespect for the mother of his child.

He needs help bad, I wonder how long his first wife put up with stuff like this......

I don't know him personally, but I have friends who have known him for years. I'm told he has always been like that- but to lesser degree than he is now. They now think he was just a bit better at hiding it when he was younger because he had more to lose in terms of his career back then.

From what I was told, and have also recently read, his father is the same way, but even worse. Mel simply shares his father's views- the views he grew up with.

By the way- Mel was born and raised in New York until the age of 12, and then the family moved to Australia. He's not a true Australian. He has spent his entire adult life living in Southern California, so his very pronounced Australian accent seems to be a bit of a put-on, if you ask me.

I was always a great fan of Mel Gibson- even more so because of 'almost' knowing him. (Kind of like a 'second friend, once removed' type thing, like we say about cousins, lol). He was one of my favorite actors back in the eighties- he was gorgeous and funny. Now, he's just mean.

I'm sure the decades of hard drinking haven't helped, but I think what we are seeing now is the real Mel Gibson.

He lost me as a fan after his anti-semitic rant about 'the Jews' when he was arrested a few years ago for drunk driving. This just clinched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.