1276 users online (291 members and 985 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 527
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182

    Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #22

    Please continue here.

    Thread 15

    Thread 14


    Please remember the TOS rules.

    Lots of off topic posts in the last thread. Please try to stay on track.

    Also - link your post to the case (show the connection) or don't hit the post button.

    Thanks

    ETA: Ground Rules

    Keep the discussion relevant to Stephany's murder. Treat Stephany's family with respect - they are victims also.

    No name calling!

    No discussion of Natalie or JonBenet or their families. There must be a clear connection between Stephany's murder and the cases of the other two girls, publicized in the mainstream media, before any discussion will be allowed.

    The information regarding JVDS's dog and the homeless man MUST either be substantiated or dropped. At this point it appears this info is based on rumor/speculation. Show where the info comes from or drop it.

    No disparaging remarks about JVDS's mother. You may discuss what has been printed, her quotes in the media, etc. You may NOT bash her. She too is a victim of her son's behavior.

    As always - TOS applies. If you are having trouble, check the TOS forum. You will find a lot of info on threadequitte, dealing with other posters and the rules, long and short versions.

    If you have questions - ask a mod before posting.

    Thanks for your cooperation! And thank you for caring about Stephany.

    Salem
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 11-02-2015 at 01:21 AM. Reason: broken links

  2. #2
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Hope Danielabc comes on and gives us an update on the latest....attorneys, taxi drivers & mystery lady. Pleeeeaase!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    62
    We were getting "leaks" from Peru LE almost on a daily basis, but that has stopped cold. There are lots of things happening right now and not a peep. I'm guessing the leaker(s) have been admonished or worse. Makes sense I suppose, but my curiosity is killing me. I want more video of both the hotel and casino and I want it now! LOL.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,618
    Well now... interesting how everyone is saying Tacopina is going to Peru... except Tacopina. Let's just see who ends up being a right, shall we? Wasn't he one of the first to mention a third person defense? Sorry, but I see his handiwork ALL OVER this right from the get go!

    Deep down I know JVS won't get away with this one. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad bit worried. I honestly don't know how he's gotten away with everything up to this point, but the fact is, he has. And this sudden lack of information is worrisome to me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by suzihawk View Post
    Well now... interesting how everyone is saying Tacopina is going to Peru... except Tacopina. Let's just see who ends up being a right, shall we? Wasn't he one of the first to mention a third person defense? Sorry, but I see his handiwork ALL OVER this right from the get go!

    Deep down I know JVS won't get away with this one. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad bit worried. I honestly don't know how he's gotten away with everything up to this point, but the fact is, he has. And this sudden lack of information is worrisome to me.
    RIGHT ON!!! Normally, we would already know who the mystery woman is also by now. Everyone has backed way off - for some reason. JMHO

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    27,111
    ITA, everything seems to have died down on JVS.............and why???
    Seems very odd to me also.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    62
    I would be much more at ease if LE at least stated that they possess every consecutive minute of hotel video up until the body was found. If there is a gap somewhere, you can bet it will be exploited. If they do have it, and it shows what we think, Joran's new dream team has to find a way to discredit it, or it is all over for him. (just kinda thinking out loud here)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by asiabrasil View Post
    I would be much more at ease if LE at least stated that they possess every consecutive minute of hotel video up until the body was found. If there is a gap somewhere, you can bet it will be exploited. If they do have it, and it shows what we think, Joran's new dream team has to find a way to discredit it, or it is all over for him. (just kinda thinking out loud here)
    Even if there was a break in the tapes, or a temporary failure of the cams, they have forensic evidence: material from under Stepheny's nails. Excuses could be made for other things, like Joran trying to leave Peru and dying his hair (Joe T's 3rd person in the room). There is still his laptop.
    I don't think Peru Justice would have been so open about Joran being prime suspect if they weren't sure there was no break in the video footage. I'm thinking that is one of the first things they were certain to view following the csi of the room.
    Initially we were made aware that Lima murder cases can take up to 2 years to prosecute due to the high volume of offenders.
    Justice may just be getting their ducks in a row now, looking at the psyche reports, etc. I find it very interesting that suddenly Anita has psyche reports from Joran's childhood to report, when before he was a sweet and delicious sporter whom everybody just loved to pieces.
    Joran's jail sentence could be anywhere from 5 to 35 years depending if his self-defense claim works, whether there was intention of robbery or not, etc. If Anita now brings out psyche reports in hopes he may be placed in a mental facility rather than jail, that might not work to her best interests, as he may end up in a psyche facility until his eventual death, with his rap sheet anyway.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    62
    Of all the things I can possibly fathom the lawyers pulling out of their hats, self defense seems the most absurd. However, after enough evidence is presented, and it is determined he is sane, it may be his only vague hope. I know we need to be patient with Peru's system, but after the initial onslaught of information, to have it dry up so thoroughly and quickly, is maddening. That's why we are all here I imagine.

    Actually the mere fact that they are even discussing his mental state at this point in time suggests that the hard evidence against him is overwhelming.
    Last edited by asiabrasil; 07-11-2010 at 01:21 AM. Reason: added a thought

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by asiabrasil View Post
    Of all the things I can possibly fathom the lawyers pulling out of their hats, self defense seems the most absurd. However, after enough evidence is presented, and it is determined he is sane, it may be his only vague hope. I know we need to be patient with Peru's system, but after the initial onslaught of information, to have it dry up so thoroughly and quickly, is maddening. That's why we are all here I imagine.

    Actually the mere fact that they are even discussing his mental state at this point in time suggests that the hard evidence against him is overwhelming.
    Hey, I didn't say his self-defense was a good one, lol. I believe it was one of Joran's first answers. Stepheny invaded his privacy, saw something and hit him on the side of the head, and he reacted to that. I assumed he was inferring self-defense however ridiculous it really sounds.
    Yes I agree that hard evidence is overwhelming.
    I don't believe it had anything to do with Stepheny seeing something on his laptop either. She was parked in temporary parking and wouldn't have likely sat down to learn/play poker on-line if she was there for a short period only. I believe she went to collect money he owed her and he didn't have any to give her.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by asiabrasil View Post
    Actually the mere fact that they are even discussing his mental state at this point in time suggests that the hard evidence against him is overwhelming.
    Exactly. You only go to affirmative defenses when the evidence is overwhelming. If you're innocent, whether or not you're crazy, is moot.

    I'm waiting for "the taxi drivers did it" defense.
    Last edited by Cottages; 07-11-2010 at 09:52 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by marikesh View Post
    Hey, I didn't say his self-defense was a good one, lol. I believe it was one of Joran's first answers. Stepheny invaded his privacy, saw something and hit him on the side of the head, and he reacted to that. I assumed he was inferring self-defense however ridiculous it really sounds.
    Yes I agree that hard evidence is overwhelming.
    I don't believe it had anything to do with Stepheny seeing something on his laptop either. She was parked in temporary parking and wouldn't have likely sat down to learn/play poker on-line if she was there for a short period only. I believe she went to collect money he owed her and he didn't have any to give her.
    I believe that is very possible, and it begs the question: Did he set it up that way on purpose to all but guarantee he would have a girl at his disposal to kill on the 5 year anniversary?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,618
    Michael Jackson's former lawyer come to Lima on Thursday to defend Joran van der Sloot

    Joe Tacopina has questioned the process against the Netherlands and even noted that third person would be responsible for the killing of Flores Stephany.

    Two foreign lawyers come to Lima on Thursday 15th of this month to handle the legal defense of the citizen Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, the confessed murderer of the young Stephany Flores.

    One of the lawyers is Joe Tacopina, a lawyer famous for being the late King of Pop Michael Jackson, and who has already defended in 2005 to Van der Sloot in the case of the disappearance in Aruba of American Natalee Holloway.

    http://translate.google.com/translat...ot&sl=es&tl=en


    I don't think it's any accident that JT keeps being wrongly credited as having been Michael Jackson's attorney. It's as if they're trying to put Michael Jackson and JVS in the same super star category. I mean... look at that picture with the article, for cripes sake!

    GAD, this literally makes me sick!

  14. #14
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Quote Originally Posted by marikesh View Post
    Hey, I didn't say his self-defense was a good one, lol. I believe it was one of Joran's first answers. Stepheny invaded his privacy, saw something and hit him on the side of the head, and he reacted to that. I assumed he was inferring self-defense however ridiculous it really sounds.
    Yes I agree that hard evidence is overwhelming.
    I don't believe it had anything to do with Stepheny seeing something on his laptop either. She was parked in temporary parking and wouldn't have likely sat down to learn/play poker on-line if she was there for a short period only. I believe she went to collect money he owed her and he didn't have any to give her.
    I think your right and knowing Joran, he probably...seriously wanted her take it in trade....with his huge ego. I could see him prostituing himself at that point and thinking every woman would take him up on it. (Wiggles!)

  15. #15
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Quote Originally Posted by suzihawk View Post
    Michael Jackson's former lawyer come to Lima on Thursday to defend Joran van der Sloot

    Joe Tacopina has questioned the process against the Netherlands and even noted that third person would be responsible for the killing of Flores Stephany.

    Two foreign lawyers come to Lima on Thursday 15th of this month to handle the legal defense of the citizen Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, the confessed murderer of the young Stephany Flores.

    One of the lawyers is Joe Tacopina, a lawyer famous for being the late King of Pop Michael Jackson, and who has already defended in 2005 to Van der Sloot in the case of the disappearance in Aruba of American Natalee Holloway.

    http://translate.google.com/translat...ot&sl=es&tl=en


    I don't think it's any accident that JT keeps being wrongly credited as having been Michael Jackson's attorney. It's as if they're trying to put Michael Jackson and JVS in the same super star category. I mean... look at that picture with the article, for cripes sake!

    GAD, this literally makes me sick!
    Oh my!.....I think we have our confirmation that JT is definitely "around".

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #19
    By Salem in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 926
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 09:32 AM
  2. GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #13
    By Salem in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 847
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 10:06 AM
  3. GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #7
    By Tricia in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 569
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 03:30 PM
  4. GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #6
    By Salem in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 627
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 01:29 AM
  5. GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #3
    By JBean in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 934
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 09:53 PM

Tags for this Thread