Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Young woman missing since July 4th weekend

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=7550668

COLLINGDALE, Pa. - July 12, 2010

(WPVI) -- Police are looking for a young woman from Collingdale, Pa. who has been missing for more than a week.

Jenna Lord, 23, hasn't been seen since the July 4th weekend.

Investigators say she was at a party in Collingswood, New Jersey.

She was on her way home when she went missing.

Anyone with information is asked to call police at (610) 586-0502

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Dear Lord, please, please let this young woman be safe. Her poor, poor grandmom.

If the family outing was in Jersey I wonder why she was coming back from Camden? Possibly she got frightened once she got over there and wanted to make her way back?

She may have gotten in a taxi? The second guy helping her possibly gave her a ride? This makes me sick. I feel so for this poor girl's family. Thank goodness they keep in touch and speak at least once a day.

I'm sorry I had this backward. Jenna had visited someone's apartment in Jersey and was heading home. Collingswood police supposedly are on the case. That's where the apaprtment was. However they have her on video in the Camden station. That's a rough neck of the woods. Be safe, Jenna. Call your family.
    Last edited by Filly; 07-12-2010 at 10:55 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...g_in_N_J_.html

Lord had been visiting family at an apartment complex in Collingswood, Camden County, on July 4, and her mom said she got a ride to Camden the following morning to catch a train home. According to Caruso, a man named "Eric" helped Lord get a ticket to Philadelphia and allowed her to use his cell phone to call home because her's was dead. Caruso was asleep, however, and missed the call.

according to this she was driven to camden. there is only 2 stops in camden, the one right after collingswood which is near the lady of lourdes hospital off of haddon ave. the other which is the one it sounds like she was taken to is the main one right in center city camden. its also a bus terminal. i bet i even know the apt. complex she was visiting. my daughter use to live there and its right near the speedline/patco. hey sorry we all called it the speedline...i remember when then built and started it.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to athy For This Useful Post:

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Ana´s Nin
    One oddity to me was her borrowing Eric's phone to call...when her grandmother said she'd always call, no matter what she was up to.....she seems like she was prob. the personality type to be texting/using her cell a lot....and it seems weird that she'd let her battery die down when traveling. Just sayin'.

Sounds like something else was going on...but I can't put my finger on it. Why did this Eric person have to help her get a ticket back?

I'm sure she was capable of getting her own ticket....you don't go to the train station without money to buy a ticket....something is hinky!

Wow. Her myspace is just....wow. No offense, but I can see why major media would be reluctant to pick up this story, especially after reading the above article and her record at such a young age.It seems as if there's a lot of anger, and potentially many people she didn't like or vice versa. Especially in one of the blog entries....I'm just...speechless that someone would put those things up for the world to read.

I'll wait and hear more...but if Eric's observation of her state of mind was correct (and he really isn't a suspect), could she have been having some sort of breakdown? I read she's a known user...what about her sources? Have they checked them out? Her friends would know who she got stuff/hung out with for it. I'd like to know what she was wearing.

There still might be hope she's ill or unidentified patient in a hospital. I'm sure by now they've checked them all, though.
    Last edited by Truthful Lies; 07-13-2010 at 04:51 AM.
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Truthful Lies For This Useful Post:

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Ana´s Nin
    Looked through her pics....she admits to being "xannied up" at 15?! Oh wow.

ETA: Looked through them all. Now I just feel sorry for her (as ALL victims....but from what I know so far...she was a lost soul.) Please come back, Jenna. =(
    Last edited by Truthful Lies; 07-13-2010 at 04:48 AM.
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Truthful Lies For This Useful Post:

HI...this is a bit off topic but I have just read thru her myspace page....as I am from Australia, I have just got to ask........is that speech etc normal or is it gang related or related to youth.......I have never seen it before but I noticed people who wrote on her myspace also wrote (spoke) like that......honestly have never seen it before....
    REVAMPZ

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to revampz For This Useful Post:

That train...I rode it once while in Jersey. I know we got off the wrong place and it was scary, very scary. Theres no people around and I think we had to put change in a machine to get on. It was a long time ago. Actually it might have been Collingswood that we got off at.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:

Her MS page is wild, I was not going to mention it but...

If she has been abducted, this kind of a page is not going to help get LE on the family's side in believing it...right or wrong, it could paint a picture of someone who might just take off or drop out for a while...Families always have problems getting LE to take cases of missing adults seriously without proof of foul play, and this kind of stuff just does not help.

I just don't understand why young people (especially a woman with a child) would want to maintain this kind of a page. I hope she is OK and comes back home. I hope the family gets some help from LE, but they may not like what the media decides to print/say, if they even attract their attention.
    Just my opinion, of course.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Article at Philly.com

I hadn't seen this posted yet. Really interesting article. Mentions her myspace page and some trouble in her past.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...nna_Lord_.html

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cusesleuth For This Useful Post:

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by revampz View Post
    HI...this is a bit off topic but I have just read thru her myspace page....as I am from Australia, I have just got to ask........is that speech etc normal or is it gang related or related to youth.......I have never seen it before but I noticed people who wrote on her myspace also wrote (spoke) like that......honestly have never seen it before....
    Revampz, that's a good question. No it is not gang related. It's more like street slang. Indeed it would be spoken that way as well. Also, some of it is local as in we're Philly so sometimes things will pertain just to locals.

Please no matter what this is someone's daughter, mother, and grandaughter. I'm fairly local and parts of Delco can be rough and Camden even rougher.

Jenna was frightened for a reason. There's people that care about her. If her gram said she called I believe her. No matter what her mom said. Her phone was dead? Very well could have been.

Sending prayers for Jenna's family. Be safe and come home, Jenna.

Just wanted to edit to say that no matter what Jenna's past has been or how her present is local media should pick up on it. She is missing. Every single person out there no matter what their lot in life who is missing deserves care and concern.
    Last edited by Filly; 07-13-2010 at 09:23 PM.

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

"Just wanted to edit to say that no matter what Jenna's past has been or how her present is local media should pick up on it. She is missing. Every single person out there no matter what their lot in life who is missing deserves care and concern"

Well said, Filly. I totally agree with you. I don't think her past should be brought up. I was surprised the philly.com article mentioned it. I have two small boys, one the same age as her son, and I couldn't imagine leaving them. Obviously something went wrong beyond her control and she is unable to contact her family. I hope she can come home soon.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cusesleuth For This Useful Post:

Wow, she has a lot going on in her life. I guess you can't expect to get media coverage these days without taking the bad with the good. The parts about the trouble she has been in and is still facing are not relevant except that they might include some other people who are also facing charges and might want to harm her, i.e. (But I doubt that is why they printed that stuff.) I hope she gets in touch if she can, or that she is found one way or another.
    Just my opinion, of course.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

The speedline is probably the easiest train system I have ever taken anywhere in the world.......it's very difficult to get 'lost' on it.I grew up taking it.Everything is so clearly marked it's "idiot proof".It's nothing like the NYC system or the Metro or anything byzantine like that.Theres no changing trains! You get on & then get off at your stop.
    Seriously.
    It's also VERY curious if she was in Collingswood why she would go to the Camden station.There is just no need.Camden was once Time Magazine's 'Worst City In The World'.Makes me wonder what else was going on.......I'm not victim bashing but its very easy to go to Camden to buy drugs.I wonder if she ran into someone she knew or met a "new friend" & went off to "party" & either got in over her head or just out "partying"-remember the 'missing'mom in Florida who left her 3 year old home alone & family thought she was abducted but instead she was out smoking crack? Again I am NOT victim bashing just sayin......I hope she's found-SAFE!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VespaElf For This Useful Post:

So which is it?
    Beyond Belief says that it was very scary and that they got off at the wrong stop and didn't quite know what to do (paraphrasing).
    VespaElf says it's 'idiot proof' and very easily travelled.

Just trying to figure out what Jenna feared, if anything. My best guess would be that Jenna took something...some sort of drugs....and became disoriented and easily confused. That doesn't explain her missing....but I think someone took advantage of her altered state.

O/T: Regarding Jenna's myspace page: I understand the shock of seeing young adults talking like this....but it is VERY common among people her age. I'm not condoning or supporting her behavior or her past, but I do believe that her language on myspace has nothing to do with her disappearance. I think the only thing we can glean from myspace is that Jenna frequently got 'high' or drunk. I know it's been reported that Jenna was traveling TO the July 4th celebration alone...but I really wonder where she was coming FROM prior to the station wagon..
    Last edited by krista; 07-14-2010 at 12:12 AM.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast