Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NJ - Jenna Lord, 23 year old mom, Camden, 4 July 2010

Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post
    and did you notice that jenna has the same birthday as beth???? how weird is that?

How odd. I did not notice that until you pointed it out. ? Hmm, forensic astrologers?? anyone?
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anaïs Nin
    Jane Velez just posted Jenna's case on her FB page and said it will be on tonight. Glad she's getting coverage!
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truthful Lies For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    camden sure wouldn't be a stop you would pick if you were headed to philly, or anywhere for that matter. only a couple reasons you would be there, to go to work, you live in that area, for court/welfare offices a block away......or for drugs.
    If you were traveling in Jersey by train and needed to get to Philly, you could easily be in Camden. You can see Philly from the Camden riverfront, so I'm still bothered by the fact that the man she talked to said she was scared and confused....the train must run from Philly to Camden a hundred times a day, and once she was in Philly she was almost there. Collingdale is not far from Philly, and most people from Delco can navigate to and from the city, so even if you're not a "train-person", I don't think you'd be scared in broad daylight. Unless it wasn't navigating the train situation that she was afraid of...... do we know if she left a message for her mother when she called her and got no answer that morning?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    It was stated on JVM that this is a well known Drug area.
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue_Dolphin308 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybass0711 View Post
    It was stated on JVM that this is a well known Drug area.
    It is what it is Ladybass. I kind of look at it like if I'm not at Campbell's Field or right outside a concert that's a well known drug area.

There's parts of Camden that if you blow through there will be a guy waving you down directing you thinking you're there to cop drugs.

I'm not sure what to think about the fear factor. Where Jenna comes from isn't Kansas. Obviously she can handle herself. What was she fearing if this is true? I can see across the bridge alright and I never want to be stuck in Camden.

That (856) area code on that guy's phone? How much of Jersey does that encompass?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

I thought it was interesting on JVM that Jenna's mom said they have video of her walking in the train station and it looks like 2 men behind her may have been speaking to her. I wonder if the video is from before or after she made the phone call, because if it's after, she either missed the train or chose not to get on it if Eric, the guy who lent her the cell phone, is correct and her train was to leave 1 minute after his.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:

I used to live in North Jersey but have family that live close to Camden and I know how dangerous Camden area is. But, I have a few comments after watching JVM and reading about this diappearance.
    #1, Why would someone travel without having her cell phone charged? I am a mom myself and I won't go outside with it.
    #2, This Eric man brings A LOT of red flags to me..first, using his cell phone..did she make her use his phone? Is there video of her at the train station using his phone? Why ask a stranger for the use of the cell phone? I would personally ask a worker at the train station. After she didn't get her mother using Eric's cell phone, why didn't she call someone else that would answer?? Why not try calling her boyfriend? Why would Eric make a story up that (I think its a story) saying some other guy came along after he left the train station before her. Does video survelliance confirm his story? Why would Eric state that she looked anxiety and disorientated?? Then why leave her there? Why would Eric help her get a ticket or buy her a ticket? Something is DEFINITELY up with Eric as far as I'm concerned.
    #3, Where was the boyfriend? Where was their son? Why would she be traveling alone? Has she taken this route before that she felt like it was okay to travel alone? If so, why was it a problem that she would possibly get mixed up and needed help getting a ticket for the train.
    #4, What time was the BBQ party she was going to? Why would she be traveling home at 7:20 am (phone call to her mom that she missed)? Who had her and her boyfriends son?
    I personally don't think this world is safe enough to be traveling alone for a young woman, let alone without a working cell phone. But I am not blaming Jenna and I don't think her background should be the deciding factor if they should find her or not, because apparently the Camden police department is not cooperating with the family or aiding in the search for her. I do know the background is important because they might think she is a druggy and ran away, etc. But the family knows her best and they said she was clean the past few months.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to italianangel2411 For This Useful Post:

I think they should release the video survelliance at the train station, and I hope they found Eric and is questioning him. Maybe they can track his cell phone pings.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to italianangel2411 For This Useful Post:

My mother was born and raised in Camden as was my sister in law. Even at 11 years old my friend and I rode the bus to shop in Camden by ourselves, so there was a time it was enjoyable.
    However, taking my Florida kids into there was a different story. They definitely were not use to the city.
    The oldest one as we were on the bus going back to NJ from Philly after seeing the sights wouldn't shut up while we were on the bus about the row houses that had the tops knocked off, the beginning of their demolition. People were getting off in those neighborhoods and the kid wouldn't shut her mouth, "you mean people really live in those places", etc. She was 17 at the time.
    The next trip we took that train, that one was 13, a real country kid in the city. She was scared, but at least kept her mouth shut.
    Camden is such a historic city its a shame they can't clean it up even though they are trying.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by italianangel2411 View Post
    they might think she is a druggy and ran away, etc.
    Wow.

All kinds of people run away not just "druggies". Some druggies get up and go take the kids to soccer practice or go work in the bank. They get up early. Would the cops not be looking for them?

We can't say but it's assumed or i didn't hear her family say "Yes, she is an addict.". The only reason that should matter is location, location, location. Did she have lapse? A relapse? It happens. It doesn't mean you get grabbed up and go missing.

I know plenty of addicts as awful as people think they are that are on the street but call their families yes on other people's phones to let them know they are alive.

Human beings who are missing.

Just wanted to say sorry for the rant everyone. It's the very title that people who are addicts or recovering get that hault these cops from looking for them. God forbid I can presently think of several young women from Cherry Hill who were missing for over a year or more in Camden. Their mother's hearts bleeding to know where they are.

Jenna be safe and show up and let everybody see you can do this thing.

The other thing is the stigma a mother gets who is missing on drugs or supposedly is. How many men go missing who are father's and are on drugs?

Da*n druggy's.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

Most will make a phone call even if they are on the run.
    No phone call I would assume foul play.

Every missing person deserves to have their whereabouts investigated, period.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Wow.

All kinds of people run away not just "druggies". Some druggies get up and go take the kids to soccer practice or go work in the bank. They get up early. Would the cops not be looking for them?

We can't say but it's assumed or i didn't hear her family say "Yes, she is an addict.". The only reason that should matter is location, location, location. Did she have lapse? A relapse? It happens. It doesn't mean you get grabbed up and go missing.

I know plenty of addicts as awful as people think they are that are on the street but call their families yes on other people's phones to let them know they are alive.

Human beings who are missing.

Just wanted to say sorry for the rant everyone. It's the very title that people who are addicts or recovering get that hault these cops from looking for them. God forbid I can presently think of several young women from Cherry Hill who were missing for over a year or more in Camden. Their mother's hearts bleeding to know where they are.

Jenna be safe and show up and let everybody see you can do this thing.

The other thing is the stigma a mother gets who is missing on drugs or supposedly is. How many men go missing who are father's and are on drugs?

Da*n druggy's.
    I use to visit my family close to Camden, in Moorestown. I use to go with friends to the Cherry Hill Mall. No where anymore is safe to go alone. I won't let my child play in our yard alone, even though we live in a safe subdivision and town. There are bad people that do bad things all around us nowadays and I think it just got worse. You can't walk home from school, anymore etc. It just so happens that Jenna was a young lady that probably a guy grabbed her. It happens all the time unfortunately. The guy Eric knew her cell phone was not working. Probably knew no one knew where she was and she was alone at the time. I hope no one thinks I was calling her a "druggy" I don't know her and as far as the Mom said on JVM she was clean for months. Where was she all night long that she was coming home and called at 7:20am? I do think that Law Enforcement looks at her background, they said she wasn't convicted but had burglary, and some other charge plus she use to be in drugs so maybe law enforcement isn't being as fair to this case as they should be. I think they should look and search for anybody, it doesn't matter if they are on drugs or past record is. If someone is missing and not located its the duty of the police to try to locate this missing person. I hope she is okay and found safe.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to italianangel2411 For This Useful Post:

Who is her son with right now?
    "What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing: it also depends on what sort of person you are." - C.S. Lewis

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutomaticAuttie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticAuttie View Post
    Who is her son with right now?
    Her son was on JVM with his father (her boyfriend) and her mother. I don't believe they explained the living situation...I'm not sure if she and her son live with her boyfriend or with her mother.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bdawk20 View Post
    If you were traveling in Jersey by train and needed to get to Philly, you could easily be in Camden. You can see Philly from the Camden riverfront, so I'm still bothered by the fact that the man she talked to said she was scared and confused....the train must run from Philly to Camden a hundred times a day, and once she was in Philly she was almost there. Collingdale is not far from Philly, and most people from Delco can navigate to and from the city, so even if you're not a "train-person", I don't think you'd be scared in broad daylight. Unless it wasn't navigating the train situation that she was afraid of...... do we know if she left a message for her mother when she called her and got no answer that morning?
    i use to see philly from my bedroom window, i counted how many cars went across the walt whitman bridge. you would need to go thru camden but not have to stop there in order to get to philly.

what they need to do is start searching the abandoned houses near the station. only thing is that could be dangerous because many are where the homeless and the druggies do their stuff.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to athy For This Useful Post:

IMO it makes no difference who Jenna is or what she ever did in her past, LE should be looking for this woman right now. She is a mother number 1, and 2, she is missing in a dangerous area. There is no reason to think she was coping drugs or on drugs. That should not even come into play.

The video should be released. Hoping this Eric character can be found and LE finds out what he really may know.

My prayers go out to her and her family.

Goz

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gozgals For This Useful Post:

If you didn't live in the area and went to the Camden train station you would be scared to. It doesn't matter what type of girl she was or if she could handle her own...you don't go there. It's bad and I don't mean a little bad.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clearly Confused For This Useful Post:

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news.../98584184.html

This article was on Philly.com today. They say they have video surveillance of her getting off the train in Philly, possibly receiving clothes from a woman, and taking the train back to Camden, where they have her on surveillance again with two men. Whoever gave her the clothes on the Philly side knows where she went. This certainly makes it seem as though she may have taken off on her own, and going back to Camden certainly makes it feasible drugs are involved, imo.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bdawk20 View Post
    http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news.../98584184.html

This article was on Philly.com today. They say they have video surveillance of her getting off the train in Philly, possibly receiving clothes from a woman, and taking the train back to Camden, where they have her on surveillance again with two men. Whoever gave her the clothes on the Philly side knows where she went. This certainly makes it seem as though she may have taken off on her own, and going back to Camden certainly makes it feasible drugs are involved, imo.
    Sadly that seems the truth.
    If the video is to be believed she DID make it to Philly, had a pre-arranged meeting with someone(how did that happen? Have her cell records been checked?The only person who says her battery was dead was 'Eric' so is anybody 100% it wasn't working?Did she call anyone else on his phone?) AND then she RETURNED to Camden(navigating the transport system quite well huh?) and may/may not be with the two mystery men.

She doesn't want to be found,imo.Despite enrolling in beauty school & reading the bible it seems she has ran off.Addicts relapse every day despite their best intentions.
    Very sad.
    I'm not disputing LE made some misteps-why not interview the 'ex Marine' who dropped her off in Camden & why not release the videotape ?
    Her Mother needs to stop blaming LE.Her daughter is an adult,there is no evidence of a crime & it could be her daughter just doesnt want to come home.If her Mom wishes to continue private search efforts -go for it-but what more can LE do?
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VespaElf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    Sadly that seems the truth.
    If the video is to be believed she DID make it to Philly, had a pre-arranged meeting with someone(how did that happen? Have her cell records been checked?The only person who says her battery was dead was 'Eric' so is anybody 100% it wasn't working?Did she call anyone else on his phone?) AND then she RETURNED to Camden(navigating the transport system quite well huh?) and may/may not be with the two mystery men.

She doesn't want to be found,imo.Despite enrolling in beauty school & reading the bible it seems she has ran off.Addicts relapse every day despite their best intentions.
    Very sad.
    I'm not disputing LE made some misteps-why not interview the 'ex Marine' who dropped her off in Camden & why not release the videotape ?
    Her Mother needs to stop blaming LE.Her daughter is an adult,there is no evidence of a crime & it could be her daughter just doesnt want to come home.If her Mom wishes to continue private search efforts -go for it-but what more can LE do?
    I agree with you.
    If there's video of her in Philly interacting with a woman, I'd bet if they show the tape to her mother, boyfriend and friends someone knows who the woman is, and they'll be halfway to finding her.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:

The reporter that wrote this article is the same guy that friends and family of Jenna were angry about in the way she was disgraced. Now we have this from Jason Nark. You guys have a good point that Jenna's family perhaps should stop blaming LE. However, the squeeky wheel gets the most oil. We all now know who Jenna Lord is. Well, at least who we are told she is. So I think in all this the family is getting some of what they need and that is help.

The unidentified LE person claimed they saw Jenna by the VA hospital? O.K. he's annonymous but nobody is telling us when that was. I believe that would put Jenna in an area she'd be familiar with. West, South West and Delco. The VA used to have a methadone maintenance program and I'm not certain they still do. Camden's got their own over there. IMO that would be a place to be seen. Somebody would recognize you. If there is a clinic there that is. Many methadone clinics are jam packed outside and what don't go on?

Ex-Marine? Me? I'd be mighty PO'd if I had a loved one go missing. They got a ride. You checked the apartment, but not the person? An ex Marine may have a connection to the VA, no?

If it is correct Jenna made it back to Philly and then back to Camden again then Eric was either confused himself or got conned. How would you not know how to buy a ticket but you're back and forth?

The woman with the clothes may not be known to Jenna's family. She may have met her in lock up. She may be connected to the guys in Camden. They may have not been clothes for her to wear, but for her to move something.

Again that's according to this article. Too many holes when there's compotent LE on both sides of the river.

In my heart of hearts I think that call to her mom was a call for help. She called her grandmom usually they say. Why call her mom? Maybe she did have a lapse that turned into a relapse. Then she had court. Maybe it was a call to say "Mom I screwed up and now what?" Maybe it was a call for Lord knows what? No matter she is still missing. I admire her family and friends for keeping on it.

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

So she was last seen on surveillance video at nearly 10 AM that morning? Gosh, I had it in my head that it was in the wee hours - like the middle of the night! Which, from what I know of Camden, wouldn't be a good idea for pretty much anyone.

Hmmmm, this new info kind of puts a different spin on things. The woman handing her clothing, the guys she was seen with. The court date the next day.

I've been hoping she did have a relapse and just took off because that would mean there's a good chance she's still alive somewhere. It's a terrible thing to do to your family and friends, but at least there's hope. IMO, these new details make it seem likely that's what she did.

I hope they find her soon.
    ~~~Cynical Optimist~~~

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by italianangel2411 View Post
    I use to visit my family close to Camden, in Moorestown. I use to go with friends to the Cherry Hill Mall. No where anymore is safe to go alone. I won't let my child play in our yard alone, even though we live in a safe subdivision and town. There are bad people that do bad things all around us nowadays and I think it just got worse. You can't walk home from school, anymore etc. It just so happens that Jenna was a young lady that probably a guy grabbed her. It happens all the time unfortunately. The guy Eric knew her cell phone was not working. Probably knew no one knew where she was and she was alone at the time. I hope no one thinks I was calling her a "druggy" I don't know her and as far as the Mom said on JVM she was clean for months. Where was she all night long that she was coming home and called at 7:20am? I do think that Law Enforcement looks at her background, they said she wasn't convicted but had burglary, and some other charge plus she use to be in drugs so maybe law enforcement isn't being as fair to this case as they should be. I think they should look and search for anybody, it doesn't matter if they are on drugs or past record is. If someone is missing and not located its the duty of the police to try to locate this missing person. I hope she is okay and found safe.
    A case is still pending as well:

She spent three weeks in the Delaware County Prison in June, records show, for aggravated assault, robbery, theft and other charges on a case that's still pending out of Darby Township.
    This could be a reason to leave and lay low for awhile.

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evelyn24 For This Useful Post:

There is an organized search taking place later today from 10-5. People are meeting near the mall on Baltimore Pike in Springfield then headed to the train station in Camden. It appears that the reports of her making it to Philly and getting clothing from a woman are being disputed. I can't seem to get a clear answer on this though.

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Missing Budweiser For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing Budweiser View Post
    There is an organized search taking place later today from 10-5. People are meeting near the mall on Baltimore Pike in Springfield then headed to the train station in Camden. It appears that the reports of her making it to Philly and getting clothing from a woman are being disputed. I can't seem to get a clear answer on this though.

Where are you hearing this? Do you have a link or is this something you are hearing locally?
    Why would LE not be honest about what was seen on the survellience tapes? What evidence exists to dispute the survellience video?

tia
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast