GUILTY TX - Tea'Karrous 'TK' Jackson, 6, beaten to death, Houston, 11 July 2010

jnTexas

Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
Reaction score
http://www.click2houston.com/news/24217743/detail.html

Duncan admitted to police that he disciplined his 6 year-old in order to teach him to man up.

"As part of his discipline he would make the child get down on his knees and hold his hands out in front of him if those hands were lowered at all, he would do what he called chest boxing and deliver a series of blows to the child's chest," said Sgt. Brian Harris of the Houston Police Department.

Investigators said they believe the incident happened over an almost eight hour period.

Police said Sampson witnessed the beatings and even told police she intervened once to show Duncan how to properly discipline a child with a belt. She is charged with injury to a child by omission.

Duncan was also arrested and charged with murder.

Police said "T.K." didn't usually live with his dad, in fact he hadn't been in contact with him for three years. But this summer, his mom decided to let the child stay with his dad as long as he was with his grandmother.

HPD said Duncan moved out of the grandmother's house a few weeks ago and she had no idea where he was when this happened.

(more at the link)

I hope someone in prison shows this guy "how to man up".

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7548747
Link has pic of the child and his murderer.

Adams, the child's mother, says she's never seen her ex act violent or abusive. Police say because the motel-style apartment is one open room, Duncan's girlfriend, Tammyra Sampson, and her 9-year-old daughter watched the beating until the boy's body went limp. Only then did Sampson rush for help.

"I felt for his pulse; the pulse on the baby and there was no pulse," said neighbor Lisa Cranshaw. "And I felt the top of the body and it was real cold."

At first, Duncan and Sampson told neighbors Jackson had a seizure. But when police came back with a different story, that accused Duncan of brutality

"I would take his place," Adams said. "I would take his place so he can live. I would take his place."

My heart breaks for his mom. She is in such pain. The 9 yr old witnessed this. I hope she gets the help she needs to get threw this.

Oh my gosh, that little fellow didn't have a chance. I vote for the death penalty, no way could someone not realize they were really hurting a child severely.

Police told her 6-and-a-half-year-old son, Teakarrous Jackson, was beaten to death at the hands of his father.

snip

According to police, Alex Duncan confessed to repeatedly punching his son in the chest when the boy wouldn't go to sleep.

snip

Police say because the motel-style apartment is one open room, Duncan's girlfriend, Tammyra Sampson, and her 9-year-old daughter watched the beating until the boy's body went limp. Only then did Sampson rush for help.

From jnTexas' link above. Just getting the perps full names and the victims name in the thread.

Police said "T.K." didn't usually live with his dad, in fact he hadn't been in contact with him for three years. But this summer, his mom decided to let the child stay with his dad as long as he was with his grandmother.

HPD said Duncan moved out of the grandmother's house a few weeks ago and she had no idea where he was when this happened.

What?

No contact in three years, and then he beats the child to death?

Grandmom didn't know where he went? I wonder if she tried to alert the mother? "Yo, ummmmm Duncan split out and took TK and I have no idea where he is?"

Was grandmom supposed to keep her eye on Duncan and this poor baby 24/7? :waitasec:

So so sad. A little baby had to suffer like that. I feel sorry for the neighbor who had to witness this horror along with the poor 9 year old. I can't even imagine.

Not capital murder
The child's father, Alex McGowen Duncan, 34, is charged with murder and remains in the Harris County Jail with his bond set at $50,000. Prosecutors could not charge him with capital murder, which would make him eligible for the death penalty, because T.K. was 6½ years old, Harris said.

According to law, suspects accused of killing a child can only be charged with capital murder if the victim is 6 years old or younger.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7108831.html

wtf?.........:banghead:

i will never understand it

What a sweet looking little boy. I can't believe anyone would do this to a child.

Couple accused in son's beating death talks to ABC13
Updated at 10:19 PM today

<snip>

"I'd give my life to my son if I could get my son back," Duncan said.

Police, however, say Duncan confessed to beating Jackson when the child wouldn't go to sleep.

Community Activist Quanell X, who talked with Duncan as well, says Duncan spent more time tonight trying to convince us of his own innocence than discussing how he mourns for his son.

"I was waiting to see tears. I was waiting to see hurt and pain," Quanell X said. "I saw more anger and frustration than hurt and pain."

While we didn't see remorse or grief, Duncan does claim he cries daily over his son's death. He says he is on suicide watch in the jail.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7559887

waaa waaaa waaaa - feel sorry for "dad" much??? :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie